Notices

finally got in

Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

finally got in

Hey guys, alcoholic here. working a 12 step in a holistic IOP good for me but gotta pay for it. Fine, going well but my dh confuses my manic behavior for drinking. My UA always come back negative.

What to do? I see my shrink, AODA and my IOP counselor tomorrow.

Bipolar II is tough but everyone knows about the crazy stuff. When I drink, I just black out and know nothing..

Anyone with bipolar and sober.

gigi0310
Old 07-31-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Mostly I have borderline personality. Over the years I've been diagnosed with bipolar although I didn't believe them. I had two moods. High or withdrawel. Since I've been sober I've noticed two things. I do have all the classic signs of borderline personality disorder but I also go through Ups and downs that I guess would be attributed to bipolar. I have times I'm really down and pessimistic and times I feel like I drank lots of coffee and did a ton of cocaine. That's the only way I can describe it. I'm not on any meds now. The symptoms are not out of control although tough at times. I try to be in touch with my feelings. I used to use to hide them all. Everyone in my life knows my issues. Sometimes they have to remind me I may be overreacting to a situation and I take a step back. Does your dh understand your bipolar?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dox
paradox

Hi, gigi0310.

I have been diagnosed as Bipolar since 1979. They called me Manic-Depressive back then.

I have been taking Lithium all this time; except when the lure of the highs prompted me to stop taking it. I wound up in hospital a couple of times for that reason. I am a slow learner.

Over the years, I managed to drink enough to become an alcoholic. I couldn't stop drinking on my own. I have been sober now for over 8 years with the help of my fellow alcoholics in AA and my Higher Power.

I find your story a little difficult to follow because of your liberal use of acronyms; LOL.

You are not alone. There are many of us, at various stages in our development, in the world today.

Mind how you go.
~dox
Old 08-03-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey gigi yes...

you are not alone...

for me remaining clean and sober is of utmost

importance in dealing with mental illness/mental health.