Notices

Title

Old 12-11-2008, 01:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Title

I couldn't think of a title.

I don't even know what to say.

I need a therapist, but a therapist cannot change my genetics...cannot change what I look like...

Also, how do you talk to a perfect stranger about embarrassing things? Things that if you told ANYONE, you'd be the butt of all jokes for the rest of your life. How do you muster the courage to get help?

I'll probably call off of work today. This makes two times in a week. I need to do something soon.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Bamboozle)))
What is the problem for which you need a therapist?
Perhaps if you write it down, then it will be easier to talk about it later when you get a therapist.

Also, a therapist is a trained professional. They are not going to laugh at you. Or make you the butt of any jokes. there is one thing for sure, and that is people who go into counseling are sensitive types; they sure don't go into it for the money cuz there isn't any big money in counseling! So, they are there cuz they want to help. They are tuned into what it is that is bothering you, and trained in ways that may help. Cognitive behavioral therapy, for one example.

Why not try to put down what the issues are here. You'll find lots of support. And the first steps will make the next easier. Know that here, you have people who care.

Shalom!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I can't talk about these things here...at least not right now. I don't know what to do. I flipped out last night. I can't do this anymore. I just want to get out of here. I have no where to go.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you are taking off work because of your problems, then they are serious and you need immediate help. Look in the phonebook and find a therapist. It takes a long time to trust them, and even then you have to work hard to bring down your walls to express yourself completely. I have never been able to do it, but maybe you can. Good luck.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been in therapy with different folk over the year, but my most recent doc was amazing. My walls finally came down, and I spoke to him without fear. He changed my views on sobriety, and he saved my life.

Bam, I'm sorry you're going through this stuff. I think it's a good idea to call someone up and go see them. Give them a snapshot of what you're going through. I know how hard it can be to trust someone, but you can do this.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

My mom and I talked today...I can't believe it, but she said that I need to see a therapist. Some people would take that as an insult, but comming from her it was a relief. Maybe she does see/understand more than I thought she did. I'm glad she was calm about it today. I was scary last night. I didn't talk to anyone and I literally barricaded myself in my room. I'm going to have to make some phone calls soon.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad your mom sees that you need to talk to someone, Bam. I hope you make some calls soon.