Notices

How are you this weekend?

Old 07-26-2003, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How are you this weekend?

I just wanted to know how you all are this weekend.

I´m trying to take it easy, be a good girl and do what the doctors tell me. I called the majority of my friends and family yesterday to tell them I´m out for the next few weeks.

Watched a funny movie last night with my cats, Jupiter and Shiolin, who are now my only fellow beings, "Holy Smoke" by Jane Campion with Kate Winslet and Harvey Keitel. Have you seen it? I recommend.

Hope you´re having a good time.

Love and light
Use adversity
Old 07-26-2003, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am going to try to relax and find a good movie to watch. I like psychological thrillers, gives me a break from my own!! If the weather cooperates I am going to take my kiddo's swimming. Just a laid back weekend trying not to do too much.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
C61

I am doing much better after about a ten day bout with depression. I am visiting my son and grandson and having a great time. Maybe this last black time is over. I am still sober and even with the depression I have not come close to drinking. I will have six months in about ten days.

Best to All

Clark
Old 07-26-2003, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Reply to Lilya

Dear Lilya,

Thanks for asking. I am doing ok. I can relate to Clark's post about the depression. I have been, too. I am just starting to get back to posting after this last bout myself. Now I am bored. It is also pretty muggy in Charleston this time of year, which I think contributes. There are always places that could be hotter. I just can't seem to sit still long enough to watch t.v. I am really restless and bored. It is also hot in my den. My central air went out last year, and now the airconditioner I have is a window unit in my bedroom. It does not cool the den. So I tend to hole up in the bedroom and stay on the computer alot. I can stand the heat when I am busy and get my mind off of it, but just to sit there and watch a move...no. Thanks for listening y'all.

Nancy
Old 07-27-2003, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you. Sorry about your depression, Clark and welcome to us. I hope we can be of support to each other. In my experience the black hole is like a current, comes in waves. We need a good support group and lots of light and sun.

Nancy, it´s awful with the air conditioning. It seems worse in Charleston than in Paris, which is a hellhole in summer. Worst of all is Bangkok I think. I have never experienced anything like that. So... there are worse places.

Love and light,
Use adversity
Old 07-27-2003, 12:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Re: depression and air-conditioning

Hi, Lilya,

I think that the remedy for the depression and the air is some action. I have an ac manual, and probably some freeon will do the trick. Hope you are having a peaceful weekend.

Love,
Nancy
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, Oh Lord, make me dwell in safety. (Psalms 4)
Old 07-28-2003, 01:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Well it's early Monday morning, and I had a good weekend. I had a busy day Saturday at work, and Sunday I just kind of vegged out. It's been really hot here, and I don't do well with the heat either. Stay inside with the AC on, read, watch t.v., play with my daughter.

Hi Nancy and C61. I know about that depression stuff, so C61 your doing great coming up on your six months.

Juls
Old 07-28-2003, 04:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To all

Hello all,

It is Monday morning, and I go off to work soon for another week working at my new school assignment after being off a few weeks this summer. I am going to be working with middle school kids in the inner city now instead of elementary kids in the burbs.
The inner city has a high poverty rate and the kids are at risk. I am really excited about this new challenge -- I will need to be at my best. I am glad I have the support here and in heaven.

I was trying to do a bulletin board where I said "If you liked this movie, you'll love this book..." I went to print some top ten summer movie hit pictures. I was embarrassed about the racial inequality. I usually try not to focus on race, as that can in intself be a symptom of racism, but the inequality was so evident...my school is virtually 100% black kids. I wanted to have some good role models on the bulletin board for the kids to be able to say "They made it, so can I." If y'all get a chance, speak up to the media moguls about this embarrassing fact.

I am going to bite the bullet and finance the work to have a new heating and airconditioning unit put in. I hate debt, so this is hard for me. But this window unit not cooling anymore was a wake up call.

Here's hoping and praying we all have another good week, one day at a time in sobriety.

Love,
Nancy
There is no one else like me on the planet. There never has been and there never will be. I am forever a unique, Divine creation.
From the
I Can Do It! Calendar: 365 Daily Affirmations.
www.pageaday.com
Workman Publishing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
409.jpg (3.2 KB, 1049 views)
Old 07-28-2003, 12:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

I had a pretty interesting weekend. Very enlightening. My girlfriend is going through some tough times. She is starting her sobriety for herself this time. We threw away all of the memories of her addiction, we changed our phone number, we are planning on moving to a different city. Galveston is a small island, and no matter where you go, there is someone there on a corner selling. Its awful. I made some new friends this weekend! I thought, for some dumb reason, I was the only one in this world going through this problem, boy was I wrong!! I guess I needed a reality check. I was due for one. =) I almost slipped this past week, I made great efforts to remove my self from the “influences” but one thing is for sure, I have to move from this city or else my girlfriend and I will mess up big time. We’re hanging in there, taking it one day at a time!

God Bless ya’ll
Old 07-28-2003, 02:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

reply to chm760

Hi. I just read your post about the people selling on the streets. Charleston can be like that in places and at times, and especially if people have gotten to know ya...a port city is particularly vulnerable. I admire you for your commitment to do whatever it takes to change, even changing playgrounds and living grounds. I also commend you and your girlfriend for supporting each other and for having the courage to make new friends and support groups.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

Cyberhugs,
Nancy