Neurontin, Lithium, Lexapro

Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Effexor 300mg
Welbutrin 150 mg
Topamax 25 mg
(and a ton of asthma meds)

I should be and wish i was on an anti-anxiety med, but am too scared of Xanax for sure...so no-way-jose! That's one thing i've been VERY forceful about since i started on meds 4 years ago is that I refuse to take any meds that are addictive. (My aunt died in 2000 from prescription overdose....most of which were mental health meds and her favorite being Xanax). I refused to even take anti-biotics much of the time before my bipolar diagnosis b/c i've always hated pills so much! lol

Hope you're doing well on that mix.

Jenna
Old 02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
P.S. The lamictil has NO side effects and you only take it once a day
Just an FYI for people catching up on this....all meds can have side effects, but it varies by each person, so YMMV. With that being said, it is nice when a med is found where the side effects are non-existant/not an issue for the person taking it.

Best of luck to everyone.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To Life!

YMMV???
What's that mean?

Hi, Ped!
Long time; missed ya around here.

Shalom!
Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
YMMV???
What's that mean?

Hi, Ped!
Long time; missed ya around here.

Shalom!

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary...meaning it may not be true for everything/everyone.

historyteach, good to see ya. I pop in here every once in awhile to see how people are doing, but my schedule keeps me pretty busy. I hope life is treating you well.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To Life!

Ped,
Life is tough, but, as they say,
it's better than the alternative! :rof

Hope all is well with you too...

Shalom!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pedagogue View Post
Just an FYI for people catching up on this....all meds can have side effects, but it varies by each person, so YMMV. With that being said, it is nice when a med is found where the side effects are non-existant/not an issue for the person taking it.

Best of luck to everyone.
Good point Peda....especially because Lamictal DOES have a side affect for some. It worked well for me as a mood stabilizer and right now i can't even remember why i got off of it, but it caused my acne to flare of REALLY bad. I hadn't even connected it to the Lamictal until I logged onto another site were a lot of people were talking about that being a side affect for them too.
:day4 surprize

When I stopped taking it....my acne issues went back to normal.

just my two cents.

Jenna
Old 02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

yes i am boderline personality with lots of issues so i take trazadone, trileptol, geodon, and lexapro. i have been on various meds for 7 years now with the highest of about 8 at one time 5 years ago.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

, i was diagnosed with BP2 , a year ago, and was determined to prove to myself that I could find a way with mental discipline to maintain some semblance of balance on my own, cuz I hate taking meds.
A year later I have learned so much and got things under control and proved to myself that I could do it but it took sooo much energy, too much. then a few weeks ago the rug just got pulled out from under me, yup....so I'm back on Lithium, once in the morning...I take deseryl at night b/c I have fibromyalgia and I take tylenol ones when I desparate for pain relief b/c of osteoarthritis and fibro and I take respiradone sometimes for anxiety...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I like your signature quote Grateful2b.
How does one get diagnosed with fibro? Especially being BP2, which almost ALWAYS has a person fatigued and headachey and such?

Do you know if respiradome is addictive? I'd like to find a decent anxity med that can be taken as needed, but that isn't addictive or anything like Xanax.

Finally, what does the deseryl do?

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Thanks Shutterbug.........I don't know if resperidone is addictive, I will check for you...it dosen't feel like it is....very light...
Any MD can do an 18 point trigger test to see if you have fibro. The fibro has< I think its 18, points on the body that are pain sensitive to pressure. Just takes a matter of minutes. The docter who diagnosed me, got to I think the sixth one and felt sorry for me and stopped poking me....cuz it hurt so much.....
I take deseryl or Trazadon as it is also called for sleep. all fibros have a sleep disorder and can't get to stage four...since I ahve been taking deseryl. my pain is so much more mangeable. I now know that I have had fibro an Bp2 for most of my life and it took burnout and PSTD, 6 years ago for them to blow me out of the water...
grateful
Old 02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Shutterbug, I talked to a pharmacist today about resperidone and he said it was not physically addictive....not classified as an addictive substance, although he pointed out it was possible for one to get psycologically dependent on it.......