Notices

Windytown

Old 02-15-2018, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Windytown

Hi Friends,
Windytown here. ( I use happytown as a user name cause of a log-in email issue I had at one point so just know happytown is the same person as windytown and you can call me windy or windytown)

Day 0 here. I am thinking tomorrow is a real Day 1 so I am starting a new thread here in preparation. Been smoking constantly for months. Ready for a change in a good way. Have like one bowl full left then it is al done so I will get rid of the pipe and remnants of any pot tonight and tomorrow is day one.

Thanks for being here and going through your own changes by quitting pot, to give me reference and encouragement in the unique challenge it is to quit a pot addiction. So tomorrow I begin again with day one.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you windytown
I hope to hear about your day one tomorrow

D
Old 02-15-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it Windy
Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Windy, I wasn't around before when you were active on this forum but I read through your thread. It's good to see you've returned to this place! Although we don't know each other I've been curious about you. Like lynnmarie, and because of my own experience, I get a little concerned when people disappear for a while.

Let us know how you're doing and we'll keep you updated on our progress!

Best of luck from The Netherlands!
Old 02-16-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 1. got rid of everything last night.
Feeling like zero endorphins-- thinking about how I have been unsuccessfully trying to quit for over 20 years. I really hope I can do it this time. It feels epicly challenging at the moment.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good work - truly make today Day 1. Quitting pot can be depressing, and can cause a lot of ansty nervousness. For those of us always looking for that "fun escape", the early days can feel like you're trapped in prison. Power through.

From one former pot-head to another: I can tell you, the sun really does shine brighter on the sober side of the fence. Good luck, stay strong.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im only on day 3 so I can sympathize with you about the low moods. We just have to remember this is a temporary thing, and we know what going back does, its a dead end!! You got this.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Happytown View Post
Day 1. got rid of everything last night.
That's a heroic move! Welcome to the club. And I send you lots of luck and determination from the other side of the ocean!
Old 02-16-2018, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. powering through day 1. 30 year daily smoker.
so day one is rough. spent most of the day out but am home now which is the absolute hardest as I usually smoke as soon as I get home!!
but it has been a dead end road for me for SO long I am eager to feel the sunshine on my face so to speak that comes with not smoking. nothing yet ha ha but I am not miserable. just restless.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2 I find day 2 even harder than day 1. It usually takes until day 4 or so till my endorphins/ brain/ joy starts coming back a bit. At first I am so ingrained to smoke all day long I just feel lost and empty. But even this early in I can see how ridiculous this habit is and I do long to be free of it.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

day 2 still and wow I am feeling CRAPPY!! I am having anger outbursts at my loved ones. I feel bored, grumpy, angry and very short tempered. I want to hide in a bowl of pot. this is not fun.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Windy, sorry to hear you're not doing well. It might've not come as a surprise but it still isn't nice. I found it frustrating. You're doing something that is good for you, but why won't it feel that way. I am entitled to feeling good. That sort of thoughts. Maybe you had them too.

Just keep going! Sounds easy but I know it isn't sometimes. But just keep going anyway!
Old 02-18-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know I'm repeating myself but here goes.
It's gotta get worse before it gets better.
You don't ever have to go through this again if you stay stopped.
It will get better.
You will feel happiness again.
Just don't smoke.

Wishing you the best!
Old 02-18-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. Making the decision to do this is the best decision you will make.

Good luck
Old 02-21-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Windy and aboveangel.

The first week is rough, but it can be your last first week ever
Old 02-21-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the forum aboveangel

The folks here are right windytown - it's not pleasant to quit - but if you turn that around, how insidious is this weed that it makes you ill and depressed when you stop?

Freedom in just around the bend windytown - keep walking forward

D
Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

day 3 ( caved on day 2 last time, then smoked a couple days then on day 3 now) but I am not really feeling committed to sobriety. IT is so foreign to me I just cant find a normalcy with it. I know it is possible. But I am not sure I am going for it fully.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Windytown,

Glad to see you're at this again. This whole off and on again process is exhausting. The good news is that you'll never have to go through a day 1 again if you don't want to. I know how tough it is, but at this point, you've got to remove getting high as an option for you. Slow things down. If you crave or reminisce at 3 PM, then stick it out until 4. You can acknowledge cravings without indulging them. They're a natural symptom of what you're going through. They are temporary though, and each one you get through is one less that you have to experience.

I still think a meeting would be good to try again. If anything, it'll help you connect with people who share the struggle. It might not be the marijuana struggle, but it's still the addiction struggle. You don't have to work any steps, and you can just go and listen if you want. Try to look for similarities rather than differences.

Wish you well
Old 02-22-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no joy in not going at it fully windy...you have a lot of experience behind you to prove that now.

Fair or not, this isn't something you can dabble in.

I really hope you can find it in you to admit defeat and start thinking about a life after pot

D
Old 02-23-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

you all are so kind and helpful!! I really appreciate all of you who take the time to read and or to respond to my journey with this.

Day 4 but still not at all committed to the long term quit right now.