Notices

Day 1

Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Happy for you Windy, keep it up!
Old 10-14-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

day 9. Doing so much better in so many ways. Still worried that it could be so easy to fall off of it but I will just keep trucking. Definitely feel like a dark cloud is being lifted from my life as I stay off the pot. more energy, breathing better, happier and more optimistic. I hesitate to gloat too much about success cause I feel like I gotta just keep my head down and keep quiet somehow, in order to succeed at this.
Glad I have the therapist once a week as long as I can afford it- may be once every other week, depending on finances.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

day 9 is fantastic windytown

D
Old 10-14-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Great going, Windytown!
Old 10-14-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats windytown4!
Old 10-15-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

day 10! may be going to a party tonight but parties are not that much of a trigger for me--- I tend to be an at home alone smoker.
And ironically, if I hadn't quit I wouldn't have the energy or motivation to even go out and socialize so it is a good step for me to go out and connect with others.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 12 I went to a big fun party last night and there was tons of pot smoking going on and I didn't smoke! I didn't even want to. I knew, for me,if I smoked even one hit right now that my breathing would get bad and wouldn't be happy. Feeling proud about that.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you didn't smoke.

I have to be honest tho, I really needed to avoid those kinds of parties for a while WT.

D
Old 10-16-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

There is this one place I go to that has these really fun parties- and I had not been in over 5 years so it was really good to go and catch up with some old friends--
Old 10-16-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I get that - you went, you didn't smoke and that's great.

I just worry you've had a long hard road windytown - why make it harder, y'know?

I think sometimes we get stuck in a mindset where we think we only have two choices - either go to every party or stay at home and shut ourselves off from the world.

I was like that.

The truth is there's a lot of social things you can do that won't involve marijuana

Make it as easy on yourself as you can?

D
Old 10-16-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I do appreciate the caring! In this particular situation I think it is different than you understand it to be- simply because for me being home alone (which I am a lot) is more of a trigger than being out in a social situation. And MJ is a lot of places where I live so it is kind of hard to avoid. In reality for me going out to the party was actually a result of NOT smoking and kind of a milestone. These are some old friends, and I think I mis spoke about the 5 years but it has been 3 or 4 since I made it out to their place ( a bit of a drive) and I think I only had the motivation to go out and socialize because I was not stoned! The MJ was not at all the central focus of the party- it was a wholesome family kind of party with a lot of great people and old friends. But there was MJ there and I didn't smoke.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

but I do understand what you are saying, that putting my focus on non mj activities is much better in general. This was just a one time special kind of thing.
And oops I meant today is actually day 11.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

day 13
Old 10-18-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by Windytown4 View Post
I will say my breathing is improving and that was my #1 motivation so thank goodness for that.
I hope this time is the charm, and I am cheering for your success. What was going on with your breathing before you quit?
Old 10-19-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Day 14! The two week mark! So much is improving in my life already. Better breathing is huge. Plus I just feel more hopeful and optimistic and have more joy. I also feel more space in my life and think I will over time fill it with healthy things. I feel more connected to a force of goodness that was somehow blocked out by the haze of tar and smoke I was living in for so long. I still get cravings but I am just gonna ride them out. I really want to do it this time- to really see how good my life can be.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations windytown!
Old 10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm really happy to read that you're two weeks in Windytown. Great milestone. I'm glad you didn't smoke at the party you went to, but just be careful down the line. Your resolve sounds great now, but these situations can be even trickier once we've had a good amount of time and are feeling better.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

one thing that is coming up for me now is having time and space to fill. When stoned I am happy to do as little as possible and stay home alone all day if I can. Now that I am not stoned, I still enjoy my alone time but I am feeling some emptiness I need to fill.
It is hard to explain my whole life and situation and I don't really want to- but suffice to say I work part time and do get a fairly good amount of free time right now. I may want to find additional work just for one more day a week or something to fill my time more. I guess this is a good thing- I was also sick for a number of years. And now I am feeling much better, and not smoking so I have this kind of space open. It is good- I will try to meditate on what I would ideally like to do and then see if I can manifest it. I just know in order to stay on this new path I will need to fill some of my time more. and I don't yet have any clear idea of what I want to fill it with.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ever wanted to:

Play a guitar
Drive a race car
Study the stars

Ever wanted to:

Read the classics
Look fantastic
Become more elastic

Ever wanted to:

Climb Mt Everest
Try a tea beverage
Get stocks leverage

The world awaits
and it's your move
so now you're present
go seek your groove.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

hi all-- so for some reason I could not log in to this forum!! I tried a lot. So I reregistered as windytown5. so this is still me!

Day 15

And Aukland- thank for the great ideas! I am sure great things will fill up the space