Notices

waking up confused

Old 03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

waking up confused

i'm not sure if this is because of alcohol but i don't remember it happening before i started drinking.

i wake up and i am frightened of something...like something bad happened... and it's like panic but i'm not sure if it's a panic attack. It goes on for like 5 minutes and slowly winds down to where i realize it's not real. The whole time my heart is racing. I think it happens more often than a remember.

has this happened to anyone?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! Yes! And Yes! UGH! It is not fun.

I am a little too whipped out at the moment to comment further or share(sorry), but I will after I get some much needed rest. I just hated to see no one responded and wanted to make sure I did. You are not alone in this and I am so happy you posted. I look forward to conversing/sharing. For now....Goodnight friend(I hope)

Much love-
Fluer
Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fluer View Post
Yes! Yes! And Yes! UGH! It is not fun.

I am a little too whipped out at the moment to comment further or share(sorry), but I will after I get some much needed rest. I just hated to see no one responded and wanted to make sure I did. You are not alone in this and I am so happy you posted. I look forward to conversing/sharing. For now....Goodnight friend(I hope)

Much love-
Fluer
thanks for responding. i havnt been able to find anything about this using google.

it's hard for me to explain what the fear is . But it is an "oh my god" fear . And its the same fear everytime...that i've done something wrong or that something happened i could have prevented. I have no recollection what the something is.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah it's totally normal, norms don't get it so you probably won't find it on Google;-)

Get's better, now i get vivid dreams about all sorts of things...let's see...last night i was late 40's and had lost all my money and was upset as i would now have to work longer in my life, last week i was watching people burn and then stabbing a women in the head with a short screwdriver as she was making too much noise and there was a group of us hiding from hunters so i did the right thing for the group...sounds quite disturbing but you get used to it. This maybe because i am coming off anti depressants too though?!

It's taken 5 months of sobriety to realise just how totally ******* insane i really am lol it's all good, try not to worry about this too much my friend!
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I believe I can do this

I always had rebound anxiety after a night of drinking. The anxiety always lasted for several days at least. It never got as bad as a panic attack, but I can see how it could for someone. Do you have a prior history of anxiety or panic attacks?
Old 03-18-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeinMilwaukee View Post
I always had rebound anxiety after a night of drinking. The anxiety always lasted for several days at least. It never got as bad as a panic attack, but I can see how it could for someone. Do you have a prior history of anxiety or panic attacks?
hmm anxiety yeah. ive never had a panic attack. I used to get anxiety more when i was younger...like just sitting in a classroom at college used to give me so much anxiety my palms would sweat....if the prof called on me my face would go bright red, i'd feel warm in the face etc

Im not like that now though. I often have to talk in front of people for work and have no problem doing it.

i'm not sure these episodes have anything to do with drinking or not. Even when i went 9 months without drinking i would have them