Notices

no sleep or terror dreams

Old 09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
What did I join this time?

Exclamation no sleep or terror dreams

First I'm glad to have found the site where there is so much info. Forgive me if my answer is here, I just haven't had time to read all the posts.
I started drinking heavily in college to sleep. After twenty years of abuse to my body and mind with drugs and alcohol I'm coming up on 6 months sober. I had the worst dreams of my life in detox and rehab, but last week they came back. I don't sleep but now when I do and that's usually 15-20 minutes at the time the dreams are back. I won't go into what they are as the theme varies with no real common thread. But I'll say that I am so afraid that I sometimes can't speak when I wake up. Some are short some long but all just terror as they progress. I realize that with time (hopefully) they will end, but my mental and physical state has gone way downhill after night upon night of this. I did so many drugs that I don't want to take anything at all for fear of "needing whatever" to sleep. I'm interested in finding answers from someone that has for lack of a better way to put it, the worst in insomnia as well as the worst in dreams when they do sleep. Also from people cross addicted as I believe that has much to do with it. Thank you all for your posts I have read as many as I can today. Heading to a meeting now and asking the same question there. Take care and be safe.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate................

When Im at home, wife at my side, bad dreams no big deal...........

Wake up, Im not alone...........feel at ease once realized not alone.

I travel a lot on business.............

Wake up in a hotel at times on travel, away from family, alone in a bed........especially after drinking (still a struggle)

Bad dreams still get me up at 2/3am...........pacing the floor of hotel room........peaking out the window..........in the dark...........

Cannot sleep............scared............heart racing..................

Wondering who else in the world is up at same hour, doing same thing..........pacing..........worring............

.....what a drag............