Notices

Ah, Dang it...

Old 05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ah, Dang it...

Well, it hit me last night - no surprise, been down this road before. Only slept from about 3:30 to 7:00 - drat!

But what pisses me off about the timing is that in a few hours I am due for my one-on-one Personal Assessment at the local Health Unit, immediately followed by the first session of Relapse Prevention (if I qualify, that is - my counselor says one has to be dry for a number of days to qualify... not sure how many, so I may get put off for a week).

I am kinda dopey, thinking of a short nap beforehand. But naps often make me feel crummier once I have woken up, and I just want to be able to express myself properly at the Assessment.

Well, what will be will be, I guess.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whew! I'm kinda thinking it doesn't matter that much now, that I didn't get enough sleep... after 1 1/2 hrs in Session 1 of Relapse Prevention, immediately followed by another 1 1/2 hrs in my 1-on-1 Assessment (we got on so well, I'm sure we went well over the usual time, just hashing out all kinds of concepts and experiences that I've had) - I am totally WHIPPED! But in a very good, hopeful way.

Got a feeling that I will sleep better tonight, at least.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is RIDICULOUS! I only got about 2 hours sleep WED. night, about from 5 am to 7 - Went to my AA Nooner, even though I was bagged. Then did a bit of gardening until time for my wife and I to have our first appointment with a marriage counselor at 5 pm.
Relaxed for the evening and went to bed at 11:00, with an over-the-counter sleep-aid for good measure.

I've been tossing and turning ever since!

My resolve is starting to weaken - if I had just two shots of vodka, that sleep-aid would have zonked me out.... been dere, dun dat.
I must not give in in the daytime and pick up a mickey for tomorrow night(Fri.)- in my 11 days of non-drinking, I already had one slip. But dammit what is the answer to getting some bloody SLEEP?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didn't give in...
Old 05-13-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you!