Notices

Is This Commom?

Old 12-07-2006, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is This Common?

ok now as many of you know a couple of weeks ago I was not sleeping because I thought my dad was back into drugs and booze, or atleast I thought that was the reason and I thought I'd be able to sleep again.

it turned out he was clean (or so he said and he sounded clean so I belive him) but even after the good news of my dads soberitey (is that spelled right) I STILL cant sleep WHY THE HELL CANT I SLEEP?

I THOUGHT this crap was over but it's not apperently

is it coomon to have bad sleeping habits after being stressed for so long even AFTER reciving positive news?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't know Sorry

Here is a forum for you to check out

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ia-nightmares/

Take care
Old 12-07-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good suggestion Carol, I have heard folks in Alanon say that some times it takes members of an alcholics family longer to recover from the damge caused by an alcohlic family member then for an alcoholic to start recovering from some of the worst parts of thier drinking.

I have been sober for almost 3 months and my wife and kids appear to be recovering as quickly as me, but there is still I sense a bit of worry that dad will pick up again which is understandable, my twins are almost 15 and have only known me sober for less then 3 months, what do I expect? It is going to take a long time for them to gain what they have never had until less then 3 months ago.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The King, did you ever drink hard? If so, poor sleep is a common side effect of sobering up.

You may want to talk to your doctor.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-07-2006, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have drank hard ONCE sense auguast when I was on vaction

so that cant be it
Old 12-07-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i'm no kind of a doctor or all the other stuff; yet i can share a little of the infor & own experence with ya. And, It's not my place to take another's personal inventory but your previous sharings(writings) offered somewhat a little clarity.....Have you ever heard of PAW(Post Acute Withdrawal) or,Acute Withdrawals. This is the phases our body goes through after we stop using the DOC. And the poison which had been stored in muscle or fatty tissue seems to begin giving all kinds of symptoms and effects because of the damage done during our active addiction. These episodes can come and go just as it is with a cold...it just creap right up on ya! I suffer with insomia and are on meds( I realize why I'd were up all night like a zombe ).So it came rarely easy for me to accept that i'd had a problem and it contributed to my taking to the streets when every one else were in their bed sleep.But today I can enjoy a good night rest because i take my meds just as prescribed; and, even with this there are side-effects because i'm taking something within my body; and, it's not to fun of intru-ders. Much luck in finding the help you need to "rest". We love ya! and, Be Easy!!! seloth@.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

The King I do have a question if you do not mind, but you are not an alcoholic right? Nothing judgemental meant by the question at all, simply curiosity.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

again for the amount that I drink and for how often I drink there currently NO CHANCE of being an alcoholic I have been drunk 3 times in the last 2 years
Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

TK the reason I ask is because you seem kind of like my wife, she gets a lot better understanding of me as an alcoholic by attending open AA meetings then by going to Alanon meetings. The only one available in our area she said is in her opinion a room full of victims who instead of trying to help each other work through thier problems simply whine about them.

She took action with her first husband and gave him a choice between her and their daughter and the bottle, well either the bottle was more important to him or he thought she was kidding, she gave him the boot.

When she gave me the same option and I chose them over the bottle, her telling me that was my bottom, I saw I had 2 choices, quit drinking or die.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kojac View Post
i'm no kind of a doctor or all the other stuff; yet i can share a little of the infor & own experence with ya. And, It's not my place to take another's personal inventory but your previous sharings(writings) offered somewhat a little clarity.....Have you ever heard of PAW(Post Acute Withdrawal) or,Acute Withdrawals. This is the phases our body goes through after we stop using the DOC. And the poison which had been stored in muscle or fatty tissue seems to begin giving all kinds of symptoms and effects because of the damage done during our active addiction. These episodes can come and go just as it is with a cold...it just creap right up on ya! I suffer with insomia and are on meds( I realize why I'd were up all night like a zombe ).So it came rarely easy for me to accept that i'd had a problem and it contributed to my taking to the streets when every one else were in their bed sleep.But today I can enjoy a good night rest because i take my meds just as prescribed; and, even with this there are side-effects because i'm taking something within my body; and, it's not to fun of intru-ders. Much luck in finding the help you need to "rest". We love ya! and, Be Easy!!! seloth@.
DOC? I am gonna assume that means Drug of choice and short of coke (the soda not the street drug) and the EXTERMELY RARE (and kI mean once a year) joint of weed I dont have a drug of choice
Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think the confusion here is the fact this thread
was started in our Alcoholism Forum.

The link I posted is where it is better suited.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

in that case if you want to move it you may
Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank You King!

I certainly will.