Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 123

Old 05-12-2023, 08:04 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Grateful for

a decent nights sleep
being scheduled for some shifts in June and to get a tiny income
coffee
getting some niggly jibs done, little by little we are packing and taking to the storage unit
JUST might have enough 💰💵 to finish the house
for reconciling and healing after a rough week with hubby (we get along so well, had some communication breakdown, and focused on solutions.

HUGE, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC, INCREDIBLY LARGE, EXTRA STRONG, healing and peaceful vibes to Alpine.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Alpin e)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 🙏🏼
Old 05-12-2023, 08:48 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful for

sleep even if it broken up in 2 or 3 shifts
coffee needed now
grat pac
sober
Old 05-12-2023, 09:07 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Free, thank you so much for your sage advice. You say the nicest things and have beautiful pictures!
Grateful, well, trying to be that I am going to tackle my chores that I've been putting off. I have to empty the dishwasher, do a bunch of stuff, blah, blah.
Grateful I heard back from my therapist. I'm going to see him on Monday. I hope it goes well.
Grateful for all of you so much. Each and every one of you are so special to me.
Love and peace. Have a great day. Alpine, sending all my love to you!!!
Old 05-12-2023, 09:25 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Alpine, thinking of you today.
Grateful for a healing talk with my therapist yesterday, about how to think of Mr. T's presence now that he's gone almost two years. Ya know, I'm trained as a scientist and am very ... non-woo-woo in my understanding of the world...no magical thinking here. And yet. I experience Mr. T's presence a lot. I tell him all the funny, silly day-to-day things that I don't share with anyone else... I keep up the daily chatter we used to have. And he answers back, in a way, and I don't know what to make of it. Therapist helped me understand that I don't have to understand or label it, it's just an experience I'm having. And if the fruits of that experience are good, then just go with it.
Grateful for daily conversations.
Grateful for birds and sunshine.

Old 05-12-2023, 02:50 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Alpine - just wanted to drop in to wish you lots of love, healing and strength ❤️❤️❤️. Thinking of you 💞.

CBS - *waves hello.

And ofcourse sending love to everyone ❤️ All is well in Zura-ville. Best wishes all ❤️.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:43 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Morning all

Quick grat-drop this morning

Grateful to be alive and sober. Grateful it's the weekend

Have a good one everybody. Love to all
Old 05-13-2023, 05:12 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

So lovely to see Zura AND Jack!
CBS, it is so hard to find a good therapist. I remember that being a really good chapter in Quit Like a Woman—how people don’t really talk about how hard it is and how to actually go about it. I hope if it keeps leaving you kind of…meh…that you can find someone who works better for you.
Fearless, I feel ya on that sting so much with the tone and the rudeness. More so with my daughter than my son but it’s just like … ouch. And shame. I am sorry you had to experience it.
Turs, love the advice from your therapist.
Hi everyone else!

Grateful
- to be going to lunch with my old buddies today
- that I still like the sound of thunder even when it is waking me up
- to walk to the nearby coffee shop yesterday and chat with the owner a bit. He said I’m a regular
- I may be able to do some work from said coffee place for a change of scenery from my house occasionally
- that my daughter participated in her first nonviolent protest yesterday at school
- for my raincoat since it is super soggy out but my dog will not understand the weather until we are in it.
- how much I enjoy drinking coffee in the morning
- for all of you.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:31 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:48 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

CBS, so funny about the dirty sheets!
Zura and Jack, great to see you!
Alpine, thinking of you!
Turps, nice that you had a good session with your therapist
Numblady, yes, I heard the girls are worse at this age. Feeling for you as you go through it with two teens and lack of spouse support. My parent group support facilitator calls it the terrible teens. It’s a tough balance for us parents as we must provide love and boundaries, a little bit of grace since their brains aren’t fully developed (basically, they are pre humans - animals lol) and their hormones are raging, and not tolerating certain behaviors. Feeling like we are doing a pretty darn good job, not to mention staying sober through it 😊. Glad we have each other to commiserate
Grateful for a fun lunch with workmates yesterday
Grateful Mr F was able to buff out the paint transfer on my car from hitting the beam in the parking garage. It was t a scratch after all.
Grateful Mr F put up the floating shelves and espresso cup collection for me
Grateful to watch the warriors and lakers as a family. Though it wasn’t pretty for our team.
Grateful to be going for a long run then a long hike at a new trail
Grateful Mr F and sonny boy are taking me to SF tomorrow for brunch and hanging out in the tourist spots
Old 05-13-2023, 07:56 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Grateful

for hiking today on an old fav trail
for coffee
for helping a friend in need from afar last night-I think I was effective
for sleep and sleep aids
for no renters for a while
for The “block this caller” button on phone

and most of all, for SR, all the admins, and all of you ❤️💜💙🧡💛💚🤎🩶
Old 05-13-2023, 08:26 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Grateful for my mom.
Grateful that even though I got up early, the time is flying by. I thought I would just relax for a while. I don't have to go out yet. Not much opens before 10. I have to go to Walgreens again this morning. My favorite trip, Ugh! Just joking. I know they were swamped yesterday, maybe, Sat won't be so bad. I can't think about it too much or I'll get too anxious. Grateful I will finally have my things and I can always pick up a few things there. In the morning I have to make my mom's tea, get her papers and mail, feed a stray cat or two we care for then I have to go out and run errands. Oh well, I've had plenty of rest. Just grateful this headache I have isn't from imbibing. Sometimes when the weather changes it really effects my headaches. I am going to pick up my headache medication, so that is important.
It's going to be hot today!
Fearless, sounds super fun! All you mothers have a great weekend.
Love and peace to all. (((Alpine)))
Old 05-13-2023, 08:50 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Grateful for catching up on many projects this week.
Grateful for a phone check-in with my sister yesterday.
Grateful for clean sheets last night after laundry day.
Grateful to slow down.
Grateful for sunshine burning off the morning clouds/fog.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:24 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Hi Tursi! Stay cool today!
Old 05-13-2023, 10:27 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  

I am sorry to say the baby bird that I saved in my garage did not make it though the night. The parents were feeding it but I think it had a bad injury from falling out of the nest twice. So sad.

Turs I love clean sheets too! Well who doesn't I guess. ;0)
Aly I hope your headache goes away.
Free glad you have no obnoxious renter neighbors for a while.
Fearless I hope you enjoy your long run and hike.
NL that is great your daughter went to her first protest. I went to a rally today myself.
to Jack, FBL and Zura good to hear from you.

Grateful my husband went with me to a rally this morning. I guess I can't say what it was about but let's just say it was something I care deeply about.
Grateful that even though my tennis winning streak ended last night I am not beating myself up about it. The competition was fierce and I tried my best. It was against players are one level up from me. I am proud of the 3 games we managed to win. Ha ha.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I finally went to the garden center and bought the things I need to amend my vegetable garden soil with so I can get my cucumbers and basil in the ground.
Grateful that the neighbors pressure washer was just off but now it is back on. Oh well. What a racket. Grati-whine sorry!
Grateful for SR and the GP!
Old 05-14-2023, 02:27 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Hey gratters,

Keeping my grats brief at the moment as I'm low on energy, but hope everyone is doing good. Love to one and love to all

Grateful to be sober and alive under blue skies

Old 05-14-2023, 05:11 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  

Thinking of Alpine.
Awww CBS that is sad about the baby bird.
Fearless, thanks for the empathy and commiseration. Terrible teens. So apt.

Grateful
- for my mom
- that I have the power to choose to do something healthy and/or special for myself (try a new CoDA meeting, go get a treat, etc.) instead of trying to force it with my kids to go out with me today.
- for a really nice catch-up with friends yesterday
- for audio books that seem to be helping my daughter fall asleep
- for the latest recovery book I’m reading, Tweak (actually I’m reading like 5 different ones at once but that’s the one I’m most into)
- to make it to a meeting virtually yesterday
- to finally clean the sticky smudge off of the sliding glass pantry doors I have. I still can’t get the glass part looking super because it’s hard to reach some of the inside spots. But it’s better. And I’m going to finally cross that one off the list.
- to make progress on some plans for a trip with my daughter
- for all of you
Old 05-14-2023, 07:13 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  

Glad you are going on a trip with your daughter, Numblady
CBS, I’m sorry about the baby bird. That is so sad! I know it’s just life. But still
Grateful for all those peacefully protesting for causes that are worth fighting for
Grateful to be sore Ina good way from the long run and hike yesterday. Taking an exercise break today. Going to SF for Mother’s Day. Getting a massage later
Grateful for slightly cooler weather today
Grateful for my beautiful therapeutic cogs
Old 05-14-2023, 08:35 AM
  # 518 (permalink)  

CBS, grateful you tried to save the baby bird, even if nature took its course anyway.
Fearless, glad you are getting a massage!
NL, glad you can choose something special for yourself today.
Grateful for the life of my mom, without whom of course I wouldn't be here. She was positive, hard-working, devoted, mischievous, funny, and brave. The aspects of mothering that she didn't do well ... was only because she didn't receive much mothering from her own (alcoholic) mother. Grateful she tried so hard to make a "normal" family, and got it mostly right.
Grateful for a zoom with an old friend yesterday. Grateful she and I can share our experiences of transitioning into retirement and figuring out what that looks like.
Grateful I got out for a stand-up paddle yesterday, first time in several months.
Old 05-14-2023, 08:52 AM
  # 519 (permalink)  

Grateful for

ecards
coffee
wildlife
the children that stay in touch with me, nicely
all of you
Old 05-14-2023, 01:45 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

It's morning somewhere on the globe grats :)

(((Alpine))) Heal soon

gratitude

to persist through a low mood/energy couple days to come out on the sunny side of life.
for hope tempered with reality.
for not having to recover completely alone. I can feel the warmth of comradery. I can emotional feel all of you here at SR. And it feels good .