Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 123

Old 04-27-2023, 03:13 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Free, I am happy you found the way to use the ignore button, I would have missed you if you left. Now, of course if you are ignoring me then you wont see this...
CB, awwww, poor little cat.
Fear, congrats on the article.
Hev, good on the cholesterol. Sugar is everywhere..in foods you wouldn't think. Also, some have a higher glycemic index than others which can impact you as well.
Grateful I did go back to the Dr yesterday and she was not too happy with how my skin/blisters look.( not grateful for that part) she did give me some dressings, and I picked some extras up at pharmacy. She also ordered some pain meds which I am not a fan of.
Grateful for the beautiful sunrise I am watching with the rolling hills outside my window
Grateful for my comfy floor bed
Grateful I have reached out to a friend for some help..not physical..just an ear. I usually never never do that.
Grateful for SR and my sobriety.
Old 04-27-2023, 03:14 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 04-27-2023, 03:15 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Whoops, Caramel I forgot to mention thanks for the book recommendation..Looks interesting.
Old 04-27-2023, 03:36 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Any good ideas for something to watch/listen to while I am sewing? I sometimes like to have something on in the background. So, obviously it has to be something that I don't have to pay attention to 100%. I only have Netflix, and use my computer..we do not own a TV
Old 04-27-2023, 05:08 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Free justfortoday.com is a collection of recovery readings. A lot of it is AA/12 Step but also includes Tao, Zen, and other options. I still haven’t totally figured out which readers are which but there’s usually some good food for thought in them regardless. There is also a collection of recovery quotes for every day that I haven’t checked out as much.
Fearless, I’m impressed that you are doing the 75 days hard.
Alpine, so sorry you had to go back to the doc. As for shows to watch I really like trying different stand up comics on Netflix. That’s in fact the only thing I watch. I am in love with Nate Bergatze right now. But have also recently enjoyed Leanne Morgan and am in the middle of enjoying John Mulaney.
Hev, like what you said about always reading and enjoying everyone’s posts even if you don’t comment individually on some. That is exactly how I feel!

Grateful
- I can have a somewhat restful day since I now have whatever my son had
- for overnight rains even if they did wake me up a lot and will mean that darn grass will keep shooting up
- for how busy the birds seem to be with their chatter the morning after the rain
- that I don’t need to leave the house today
- for comedians
- for the GP
Old 04-27-2023, 05:21 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 04-27-2023, 06:45 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi GPers

Gratitude

sober and free from ill mood.
to satisfy my cats extreme need for pets this morning
mild weather
extra money saved from not drinking/drugs
eday & amazon
Old 04-27-2023, 06:58 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

NL, hope you feel better
Alpine, that dinosaur joke reminds me of having to drip dry im the ladies room-glad you saw the Dr.
Zen, isn’t it fun to pet cats and spend money online when we are sober?

Grateful,for,ALL Of you

Old 04-27-2023, 07:08 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Numblady, I’m starting over today with the 75 day. I didn’t work out yesterday and ate sugar. Ugh! This is harder than I thought. Maybe I need to be a little flexible with it. For gosh sakes life happens. Work was crazy! Checking out justfortoday. Thank you!
CBs, I hope you feel better. So glad you talked to your son ❤️
Hev, I get the Trader Joe’s brand of cashew vanilla flavored yogurt. It is so delish!
Aly, let’s stay cool. It’s supposed to cool next week
Grateful though I didn’t sleep well last night, there’s coffee ☕️ 😀
Grateful to have one easy peasy meeting today
Grateful for team camaraderie
Grateful tomorrow is Friday
Grateful for no weekend plans except to see a good friend for lunch and walk Sat.
Grateful for good neighbors
Grateful for all of you!
Old 04-27-2023, 08:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Free, I hope things mend with your stepdaughter. It's not easy.
Fearless and Aly, yes this heat was a shocker after months of cool and cold rain!!
NL, hope you feel better.
Hev, I too read and enjoy each post here, though I don't always comment. I look forward to hearing how each person is feeling.
Alpine, the dinosaur needs a Toto Washlet. Life changing.
Grateful for my brief camping trip, with a good hike in the heat and then 9 hours of sleep. 9. Hours. Never happens.
Grateful I slept again last night, although certainly not 9 hours. 7 hours in two stretches, with an hour wake-up break at 3 am.
Grateful, I guess, for two dental appointments today, one of which will be for a crown. Ugh.
Grateful I've quieted down my schedule by drawing a better boundary around my volunteer work. I have some anxiety from that (not that skilled at keeping boundaries) but I'm flexing that muscle and hopefully it will get stronger.
Grateful for the big hydrangea blooming in my neighbor's yard (the landscaper).
Old 04-27-2023, 10:14 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - I hope the dressing your dr gave you helps with the pain. Glad you went.
NL - I hope you start to feel less icky soon.
Fearless - I think being a little flexible is important. Otherwise, we get so frustrated & sometimes don't stick with it. Any improvement has to add up & help in the long run. (Hev says, while contemplating a big, fat bagel for lunch )
Turs - Hope dental appointment isn't as stressful as expected. 9 hrs of sleep - how lovely. I'd even take 7.
Hydrangea - my very favorite. My neighbor planted what she thought would be blue, but they came up pink. We planted a gorgeous blue one last year, hope it survived the winter.
Grateful to have our SR to come to.
Grateful the cold & rainy weather turned to warmth & sun - again. Hope spring stays around this time. Can't plant flowers until late May around here.
Grateful to know my life won't pass by in a blur - numb & foggy - I'm so thankful we are free.
Grateful for our GP.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:13 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up feeling as peaceful as when I fell asleep, because Billie was still snuggled next to me. She loves me so much and I love her right back. . So grateful also that May 3rd is Billie's 7 yr "gotcha" anniversary. . Ck and son in law and Jodie are coming over that following weekend to give the dogs a bit of expensive and tasty food and some tasty treats. . We human beans will drink coffee and talk about how cool dogs are.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:41 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

NL, thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them. I love the sound of rain, especially if it is a light one and you can keep the windows open.
Turs, hope the dental appointments went well.
Hevyn, It was sunny up here but not warm. I need it to warm up a bit so I can open the windows in my sewing room,
Grateful for the sun yesterday
Grateful for fabric..I have so many quilts I want to make and make bags too
Grateful I am one day closer to having surgery
Grateful more leaves are out
Grateful for the support I have here

Old 04-28-2023, 03:42 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 04-28-2023, 04:55 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Free, Fearless, others, I gave you the wrong website yesterday! It’s justfortodameditations.com
Alpine, ha can’t show that meme to my son. He spends a lot of time and my energy arguing about not using geometry (and other stuff he’s supposed to be learning in school)
Fearless, yeah flexibility and grace may end up better in the long run. But you should be proud you even are considering/trying. At least, I think you should be!
least, that sounds like a cool celebration for doggies and humans

Grateful
- the dream I had about being in a fight with my sister is not reality (though some of the feelings are from real life)
- I have a pretty light load at work today since I still feel kind of like crap
- I’m done chairing meetings at least for a bit. I haven’t made any firm commitments yet.
- I feel like I have a legit excuse to skip my workout
- to not have covid
- for house getting cleaned today
- to talk to my great aunt on the phone last week. Was really nice to hear a voice that reminded me of my grandma (she’s my grandma’s sister…there were 13 kids in total…only all together like once at the same time because it covered such a wide gap of ages).
- to have the incredible good fortune of happy childhood memories.
- for all of you.
Old 04-28-2023, 05:42 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

NL, sorry you feel like crap. The only person ive seen do real life geometry is my ex husband. Before his current profession, he was a carpenter, and he was building our deck. He was born in France, so always did his math aloud in French. 😫🤯

Anyway, he was pencilling some phrase lines and triangles on the deck boards. I said, ‘“What are you DOing?” He says, “finding the hypotenuse”. OMG. 🤓
Old 04-28-2023, 05:48 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Grateful for

my coffee came out better
terrible broken sleep, helps me appreciate the good ones.
sharing myself with others, I tend to be very private. Vulnerability is scary, but wonderful at the same time
Seeing my eldest today, hopefully have a nice lunch and take her to much needed shopping.
elderly parents who are mostly kind and very “with it” and agile.
my hubby, who is by my side
understanding that I will never be the first wife, and my status level in the family (outsider)
youngest daughter asking me to come out for a long while in late summer, and my ability job wise to do it

Old 04-28-2023, 05:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Least, and all the dog lovers, I’m so glad you find purpose and solace in your dogs.

For us, kitties are the name of the game. Won’t get one for quite a while, we don’t want to be tied down to needing a sitter while we are out and about

Good day to all
Old 04-28-2023, 06:16 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning. How are you Zura? Hope you are okay.

Alpine I am watching Wellmania on Netflix. There is a lot of drinking but there is a sober character that shows up after few episodes. It's funny. It is filmed in Sydney.
I also enjoy Recovery Elevator podcast.
least good to hear form you. Glad you have Billie and celebrate her so much. So sweet.
NL I hope you feel better. Glad you got to talk to your great Aunt.
Free I hope you enjoy your visit with your eldest.
Hev we have had rain 3 days in a row. I am looking forward to seeing the sun. Maybe tomorrow.
Turs 9 hours of sleep sounds fab.
Fearless enjoy your weekend plans with your friend.
Zen you crack me up. Extreme need for pets. My cats like being pat but not to the extreme. ;0)

Grateful for dinner out(Pho) with daughter and granddaughter last night. And then they came by the house to try to cheer up Sarge. He is acting strange and depressed. Don't know what is going on.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a pre beach vacation mani-pedi this afternoon. So lucky.
Grateful for Friday.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 04-28-2023, 07:27 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Grateful my dentist appointments weren't too bad, no pain last night or today.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful to be going to see an old co-worker today for lunch.
Grateful it is cloudy and cooler.
Grateful new pillows arrived...an easy/cheap way to redecorate my living room.
Grateful for you all.