Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 98

Old 02-27-2023, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 98

last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-97-a-20.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 97)

D
Old 02-28-2023, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Muchas gracias Dee!

BKA - Hooray for x-country skiing!

Grateful for getting our grill working after it pooped out in the middle of making dinner.
Grateful to have an old manager get in touch with me to work classic rock events at a new venue.
Grateful for my plumbing skills and being able to replace faucets fairly quickly., and grateful to be able to save my clients some money.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I so wish I had plumbing skills Astro. I did manage to get my boiler started up again yesterday so at least there is that.

Thanks Dee for the new thread.
Old 03-01-2023, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Now that's definitely a skill BKA, I haven't been around one since 1993 when I lived in Boston so I'd have a hard time doing that!

Grateful to gain a new client yesterday.
Grateful we had an early release from the stadium, nothing to guard when the riggers went home. I needed the hours but I think God decided I needed the rest even more.
Grateful for a chocolate chip cookie from the caterers.
Grateful to chat it up with new people on the job, and a great supervisor.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Astro but all I did was turn it on and off and hit the reset button. I'm not sure what made it work.

Tonight I'm grateful for
- a 25 minute ski - really got my cardio going
- making some headway on my taxes
- getting that pile of papers we all have pulled down a bit
- a good hour helping my neighbor with his papers

Good to be done with February and headed into March. Spring seems a teeny bit closer.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Astro, curious what type of oat creamer you found? I have been using Trader Joe’s oat brown sugar creamer and it is so good! I steam the regular oat milk then add the creamer then a little sea salt. It tastes like a salted caramel mochiato. Glad you picked up a new client
BKA, I wish I had plumbing skills too. Everyone should know plumbing and handyman. Glad Mr F knows a bit
Thanks Dee!
Grateful to go to lunch with my good friend and mentor
Grateful to help another coworker friend going through a rough time personally
Grateful for a walk and shopping with another friend tonight. Feeling good about my friendships!
Grateful for perspective. What people deal with in life with strength and responsibility is so admirable and makes me realize my problems aren’t so bad and we can get through anything
Grateful to make progress on a work article
Grateful for Amazon returns
Grateful for a sleep aid when I need it which is rare. Tonight is one of those nights. Last two nights were bad and I’ve got work travel and meetings tomorrow. Go to get some zzzz’s
Old 03-02-2023, 04:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful for perspective. What people deal with in life with strength and responsibility is so admirable and makes me realize my problems aren’t so bad and we can get through anything
This is something I focus on frequently and need to think about more often. What I tend to have and fret about are luxury issues. All my needs are more than provided for. I'm usually having anxiety over finances and my kids poor behavior towards me and their stepmother. Bah, those things will pass, or may pass, but every day I see the homeless or those who are not recovered and it's a stark reminder of how good my life really is.

Fearless, I keep finding Califia Farms oat creamer on sale. Not wild about the mint chocolate chip, but the s'mores flavor is really good. I also like TJ's coconut milk creamer. When I'm drinking hot coffee I just go black, but I put creamer in iced coffee.

Grateful for an evening at home to cook up a hearty meal, catch up on Life Below Zero episodes I missed while I was working, play guitar, read Warhammer books, enjoy a warm fire while the wind blew rain against the windows, and try to take care of my wife while she's not feeling well. Yes, I'm grateful to be blessed with these moments at home.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sigh, Fearless and Astro, it is a good thing to put things in perspective. There are so many people struggling and living really tough lives. I have my struggles too but I have family, friends and community and for that I am deeply grateful.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the love and devotion that Billie gives me with every breath she takes. She turned 9 in Jan and her gotcha day is in May - seven years of love and loyalty, and some comic relief.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

BKA and Astro, agree with you both
Astro S’mores creamer sounds so yummy
Least, so grateful for your Billie
Grateful for the toastmasters group I joined
Grateful for a nice lunch with team and a vendor
Grateful sonny boy and Mr F had fun tonight
Old 03-03-2023, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a hike in the deep, deep snow.
Grateful to stop and enjoy a cup of coffee while I marveled at the peace and stillness, with just the creek providing the perfect music for the setting.
Grateful for this mountain town so close to Phoenix, yet so much colder and a quieter lifestyle.
Grateful for safety on my brief road trip after work.
Old 03-03-2023, 08:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tonight I'm grateful for
- getting my first haircut in years - I feel very glamorous
-doing yoga in my friends darkened living room overlooking her deck lit with Christmas lights
- helping my three acquaintance dress as Cinderella characters for a fund raiser.

Sleep well everyone
Old 03-04-2023, 03:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a free dinner at the union office.
Grateful to have some $$ to pick up a few groceries and a birthday gift for my wife.
Grateful to be up and about early to work a baseball game.
Grateful for our mischevious pup, he's been very cuddly lately too.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad that, at my age, I can go to bed any time I want to, no matter how early or late it is.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone

Tonight I'm grateful for
- a couple hours skiing with friends
-a bit more yoga
- chai tea and watching Hulu

Peace
Old 03-05-2023, 03:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful to start watching Daisy Jones and the Six, kinda fun!
Grateful that 12 hour work shifts come to an end, whew, and that I have sunblock at home to use on todays shift.
Grateful for crispy pollo asado, corn tortillas, and veggies for side dishes.
Grateful to just focus on rest and do enough laundry to get me through today also.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welp I've had a busy, tough week with a lot of loneliness so wouldn't you know that AV started talking to me. It's amazing how it knows when I'm vulnerable. Grateful I thought it through to the end and decided to ignore that voice. Grateful to talk to a friend last night. Even if I haven't found a full group of friends here yet, I have some amazing friends all around the country. Grateful to be sober today, to take a quiet moment with my morning coffee to write in here, to pet my dogs and cat, to read your gratitudes and be reminded that my financial worries will pass and that I have everything I need. Grateful for my 2nd job that helps pay for my pets.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

AT, so glad you didn’t listen to AV and talked to a friend and came here ❤️ I’m sorry you’ve been fee,ing lonely lately
BKA, enjoy you’re new haircut. Was it a drastic change?
Astro, sounds like a yummy meal
Grateful for dinner with good friends last night at their house. Greek inspired lamb with stuffed portobello mushrooms and Greek salad. Yum!
Grateful though sonny boy is sick, he is a trooper. He wants to go to school tomorrow. We will see in the morning
Grateful to start planning summer vacations
Grateful I’m supposed to receive my bonus this week
Grateful for a run during a break in the rain
Grateful to get to bed at a reasonable hour
Old 03-06-2023, 06:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh I so totally understand AT I seem to constantly fret about financial issues in spite of having 4 jobs and being blessed with more than I deserve. Add to that that my daughter has been slinging hate my way and ghosting me, and my younger brother is struggling with a divorce and I'm worried about his emotional health and the demons he's faced in his life with alcoholism, and yeah it gets to be a bit much. I went to a union dinner on Friday that had an open bar and I had one of those brief melancholy moments of wanting to fix myself a mixed drink. Nope nope nope, gotta play that tape through and remember the dark path that took me down in the past. I am glad you knew to ignore that AV voice. Yesterday I was marveling at the fact that I was up for work at 3:30 AM and excited about it, not hungover and sick like I used to be. It's that incredible gift that I have to remember when that voice starts to whisper in my ear, romanticizing a drink.

Grateful to be home today, celebrating my wife's birthday. We both turn 59 a few weeks apart, I sometimes dread getting older, but I also look forward to each day with wonder that I've made it this far and that our lives are so good.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Fearless, it really wasn't a radical haircut although there were probably 5 inches taken off. I hardly ever cut my hair as I just keep it in a wimpy braid down my back. I do feel glamorous though.

Tonight I'm grateful for
- Another good ski that left me feeling good
-a friend's double mastectomy going well and her lymph nodes are clean
-sausage and sauerkraut for lunch
- interesting books to read.

Peace my friends.