Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 117

Old 08-03-2022, 01:37 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Canoeing is not really bothering my hip, but paddle board may be due to the balance nature of it.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:02 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning all 🌞
Grateful to read everyone's grats, sending strength to those who need it.

This morning I am grateful for pre spring storms, wish I could send some of the rain too those without ❤️
Old 08-03-2022, 05:06 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Old 08-03-2022, 10:24 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Morning all

Free, hope everything is ok with you 🙏
Hev I'm glad you have Aircon too, how high are temps going to be for you in next day or 2?
Fearless, hope you enjoyed the water tank experience and it wasn't to harrowing.
NL that sounds terrifying, Please stay safe 🙏
CP glad you enjoyed a game of pool, I've always enjoyed a game (and darts too) although I'm not particularly great at either, also learnt from too much time spent in pubs!
LHV a victory over the wine witch! Well done, as everyone says it will get easier and just shut that witch down immediately, don't even bother reasoning with it.
Great pic as always Alpine.
CBS glad you got a good night's sleep, I say of you wake up feeling good then thats a definite win in my book!

Grateful for feeling strong in sobriety. have my first mini break away since being sober and looking forward to being 100% present for it all.

Grateful for the fish and chips I'll be having by the sea later.

Grateful for my MIL generosity.

Grateful for SR and gratitude.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:02 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

BB, you're so right about the AV/wine witch (love that term, LHW!) There is absolutely no reasoning with it and the voice needs to be firmly shut down immediately. That was one of my most important realizations in early sobriety.
CP, one of my dogs chased two deer out of our yard yesterday and she was beaming with pride - must be similar to the squirrel-chasing vibe!
CBS, love how the birds moved right on in to your beach setup.
Alpine, that's so nice that your H and MIL complimented your cooking. You do so much for other people.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to be making slow but steady progress to help my parents. Grateful my dad commented that the breakfast food is much better than dinner (he is by far the more demanding and high-maintenance of the two, and my main source of stress. I know being a caregiver to someone with dementia is extremely difficult, but I hope he sees that this arrangement will help him if he allows it to. Sorry, had to sneak a whine in there - but you guys get it).
Grateful that a work presentation went smoothly yesterday. Grateful that this is a light work week since so many people are on vacation in August.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

CP/BB—sorry. I probably should have clarified the wildfire danger was just really high around me and there were some kind of nearby fires but none of them got out of control thankfully. But they had started warning us on the weather to think about being prepared to leave. The winds are supposed to be less strong today so I’m hoping for the best as I think the high is 107 or something and usually we surpass the high according to my car anyway.
CBS, hope the GNO was better than you thought. Mine was with a big group of long time friends where we all used to regularly get together for dinners and gossip and crap—and for me, lots of wine. But I’ve come to realize they are pretty much all normies. It’s a really loving, caring group. And we got to have a lot of yummy cheese thanks to our hostess.
Free, hope you are okay!
LHW, glad you beat the wine witch.
PS, so glad the movers were helpful. What an awful scenario if not!

Grateful that I did something I feel proud of. Yesterday, there was a big work meeting that we had prepped and prepped for—and it seemed like there was still a good chance it was going to go off the rails at the last minute. I was going into the mode where I strained and worried and panicked. And then I thought about it all and realized that what was really behind it all was fear. Fear that this thing I helped on would not succeed; fear that the people who relied on me would be disappointed; fear that I wouldn’t get a gold star. And behind the fear is the bondage of self. And I was able to let go of it. And guess what? Everything was fine. Great. Really through none of my doing but the strength of the other people. It’s progress for me.
Grateful for all the stuff leaving the house.
Grateful to realize the level of emotional manipulation I’ve been living with for a really long time. Grateful to now at least recognize some of it and know I don’t deserve it.
Grateful I have therapy today.
Grateful for this group.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:37 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

NL, that is so awesome about the meeting. Big high five and hug to you
Grateful to have had Riley and Mr. A by my side last night despite me not sleeping
Grateful for a place to sleep and food on the table
Grateful to see Mrs. Toad last night
Grateful Mr.A with helping me to change the plates on my car. Still working on it as they are pretty much adhered
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for all of you
Old 08-04-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-04-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hevyn - I had high hopes for The Old Man when it was released. Love Jeff Bridges, and also those types of action/spy shows. Was really disappointed after a good start. I think that the Rotties were the high point of the show. Hopefully you like it more than I did.
Alpine - You really take some beautiful pics!
NL - Wonderful update on the work meeting. Congratulations!

Grateful to be embarking on Day 50. Amazing how things are improving in such a short time. Clarity, amends, peace........dare I say happiness? One day at a time.
Grateful that you guys are an integral part of my recovery.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Clearpath, day 50! Awesome! Btw, my sonny boy and Mr F have been really into pool lately. Both online and at the local billiard place
Numblady, glad you are safe. Fires are so scary. I guess I had t thought of danger in Texas because of the high humidity, but the risk seems to be rising everywhere. It sounds like you had a deep insightful day, and that is great progress 😊
That wine witch! No negotiating with her. She needs to be shut down immediately!
Niggly jobs and nightly jobs. Bah!
Grateful to have a fun time with sonny boy and friend at stranger things. It was nice to enjoy “eleven” mock tails after the show. Pretty much the same as a Shirley temple 😊
Grateful to be firm with sonny boy when he kept asking to buy more merch, and just say no. Same thing happened going shopping for school clothes later. This kid has changed and this is a new experience for me. Had to talk to him about money not growing on trees, being patient, and having a more grateful and overall better attitude. He listened well and understood without being argumentative. So that’s good
Grateful to draft a tattoo design I’ve been thinking about getting. Not sure this will ever really happen but I a. One step closer
Grateful to have time to prepare for work meeting
Old 08-04-2022, 07:34 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Grateful for crappy night sleep, helps me appreciate the good ones
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to be looking at three condos over next two days
Grateful for in-laws, they are wonderful and welcoming on such short notice

Fearless, glad you could say no to sonnyboy.
Grateful for CPs day 50. Woot woot!🥳🎉🪄🎉🥳
Old 08-04-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Brit - Fish & Chips by the sea - I'll be right over. (Our temps will go to nearly 100F which is around 38C I think. ) Texas & other spots have had it worse though.
NL - I'm glad you had that triumph over fear.
Alpine - What a gorgeous picture - would love to be sitting there watching them.
ClearPath - I agree about The Old Man. A good story, but so confusing & complicated. Not sure if we'll stick with it for the 2nd season.
Grateful we got errands done early & can stay out of the sun until evening.
Grateful I turned off the news after hearing the headlines. Nothing I can do to help.
Grateful the weight loss continues & I feel more energetic.
Grateful you all share a bit of your lives here.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:34 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

A little late today. Busy morning with work and the housekeepers coming.
Fearless I am glad the Stranger Things event went well and you said no to sonny boy on more merch.
Free I hope everything is okay.
BB enjoy your mini break.
NL I am glad your GNO went well. Mine was good too. They only had one drink each and I had a mocktail and we all enjoyed the sushi and company.
Alpine and Free I hope you both sleep better tonight. I often sleep so well after a bad night.
CP congrats on 50 days. I am so glad it is getting easier for you.

Grateful my Seedlip (distilled non alcoholic spirits) shipment arrived. I decided to splurge and buy some for our upcoming family reunion. Now I need to find some recipes.
Grateful that my work on a hiring committee is almost done and we found 2 good candidates. We may try to hire both. My first time being on a hiring team.
Grateful it is Thursday and my work week is done. Though I still have work to do for my husband's business.
Grateful for a clean house. The ladies I hired are doing a nice job. They come every two weeks. I am so grateful.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Here is a turtle I saw on my bike ride the other day. I was struck by his orientation to the sun.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:46 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

This morning I am grateful for a warm home, food and hot water ☺️
Old 08-04-2022, 12:51 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

CB, here is my little buddy from a few weeks ago. You got a great shot!
Old 08-05-2022, 04:00 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

CBS and Alpine, LOVE the turtle pics! So cool.
Fearless, that's great about the Stranger Things event (and saying no to merch!) There's an "Office Experience" near us, which I think my boys would love.
Hev, your weight loss is seriously inspiring to me. Every day, I say "as soon as I'm not so stressed out" but that day never seems to come?
NL, your comment about "gold stars" is really making me think. I'm glad your presentation went well too!!!
Free, generous in-laws are the best, I'm lucky with mine too.
CP, day 50 is incredible - way to go, friend!

Grateful for coffee (jet fuel today!)
Grateful for some time with my mom yesterday. Having dementia is really hard, for the person and everyone around them.
Grateful my nieces and nephews came over and invited themselves for a sleepover tonight - it will be super chaotic but also fun.
Grateful my younger son is already enjoying his activities for this school year. Grateful he is so motivated and proactive about things (I was NOT that way at his age!)
Grateful my dad seemed more positive after getting a couple of hours to himself, even if it was hard work at their old house.
Grateful to keep reminding myself that I have choices about my attitude towards things that happen, every moment of every day.
Grateful it's Friday (kind of?)
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:06 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

CP, way to go on 50 days!!! Which I guess by now is 51!
Hev, way to go on the weight loss. So glad you are also feeling the benefits in energy level.
CBS & Alpine, what cool turtle pics. CBS, have to agree the angle of the sun/turtle is really cool.

Grateful for the tools I am learning in AA and for the daily reflection today. A lot of times the reflections are just kind of meh to me. But today among other things it was about not acting impetuously. Which is well timed because in the middle of the night last night there was some MAJOR drama that I just want to fix and rush to maneuver. And I can’t. I don’t exactly know how to sum it up briefly but here’s my attempt: my dog starts barking around 1:30. Turns out it’s our newish neighbors in the middle of a domestic disturbance out on our front porch. Wife is apparently cheating on husband and he is saying she assaulted him and wants to wake us up for help. My husband yells for me to call 911, which I did. I’m inside on the phone so I don’t really realize that he chases them off our yard not realizing they are our neighbors. And that my son was out there with an Airsoft rifle (BB gun like thing) that the dude thinks is an actual gun. So once I get out there, the neighbor is yelling how he came to me for help and thanks for being a good neighbor. The wife ends up getting arrested. And now I am just worried if the police sized up the situation right, wondering how to be decent neighbors with them going forward, feeling sad for both of them. I don’t regret that we called the cops. We don’t have the tools to break up a domestic disturbance or sort it out. But I do regret that my husband threatened them with a baseball bat like some kind of wild monster. I am mad that my husband wasn’t listening to me repeatedly say how they were our neighbors, like my word wasn’t enough somehow. And frankly just irritated that he is so clueless he doesn’t know what our neighbors look like. And he won’t be the one living next to them going forward, if they stay.
Grateful I now have a week with the house to myself and can hopefully get my sleep back on track.
Grateful today is a very light meeting day and the one I do have is with people I know pretty well and can handle the real me.
Grateful to try and lovingly detach from the things I cannot control, even if it doesn’t always work!
Grateful for my dog, who I can rely on to not bark on constantly but to warn us if something is really amiss (and then also sometimes warn us for no damn reason at all but I’ll take a few of those in exchange for her getting the real deal ones).
Grateful none of my actions or responses are fueled by alcohol or other drugs.
Grateful time will pass and so will this particular situation.
Grateful to be able to come here and start processing a very strange night.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:53 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Wow NL, that is a lot. I hope your day goes well
Grateful the internet is working...for now. It has been dropping us a lot lately for the past couple of days and says pages not found. MIL should probably call the service provider. Long story there..
Grateful I slept well
Grateful the garlic shrimp I made last night turned out good
Grateful we were finally able to get the plates on my car
Grateful for all of you
CB, I relooked at your turtle picture. I too like it's orientation to the sun. I just imagine him/her closing it's eyes and saying "ahhhhhh"
Old 08-05-2022, 05:17 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Wow NL. That sounds insane what happened last night. I am glad no one was hurt. Sounds like a scene from a movie. Anyway, I hope you get some sleep tonight and your husband moves out soon. I also hope your neighbors can peacefully sort out their issues or split. Sounds like you were the only one who acted maturely. Not sure that is the right word but something like that.

Grateful to have some fun tennis scheduled this morning that I did not have to arrange.
Grateful my mixed doubles team won the City Championships and now we are going to the State Champs.
Grateful that I have Fridays off to take care of all my other obligations like my husband's company's books, my mother's Estate and my yard work.
Grateful for a decent night's sleep.
Grateful for "Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu.
Grateful for the PAWS thread where I can whine and share with others that have this dreaded condition.
Grateful for SR and the GP.