Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 111

Old 11-22-2021, 04:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a tiny bit of sleep last night, between drinking prep and sitting in the bathroom. Grateful my friend is driving me to my procedure in about an hour. Will be EXTRA GRATEFUL when it's all over and I can eat again!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:33 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good luck, FBL!
Palmer, a friend sent me a video of an SNL skit - Man Park. Both our husbands are introverted and I haven’t laughed harder in a long time
Introvert- glad you are getting more sleep.
Deserto, I love Capri so much. Spent a week there 15 years ago. Want to go back! Safe travels
Grateful for the convo about shoes. I went down a rabbit hole yesterday. Still looking for the perfect post pandemic work remote shoes and wardrobe. I don’t know why I care just sitting around at home. But sometimes I run to the store, or briefly to the office, or run other errands, or like tomorrow meeting a friend for coffee and another for dinner. I want to look good, but not too done up or too casual either and not have to change multiple times a day for different occasions. Lol. Mr F says I’m being high maintenance. Lol
Grateful sonny boys cousin is here and they are having fun
Grateful it’s a low key week for work
Grateful the house is clean
Grateful Mr F has patched up the cracked section of the wall
Old 11-22-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So grateful to see and read your posts this morning.
I have an appt at 10 with my mom and her Physical therapist. He is going to show me some things I need to know for my mom. He's super nice. I'm almost always there by 10, now I'm stressing myself out to be there by 10. My mom's paper, old school, has been coming later and later, I hope it's on time today. I've called them a couple of times.
Well, I've been taking Mags' wise suggestions and just minding my side of the road. We're all free to do what we want. I guess maybe living with my mom for a while, through the good times and bad, I feel like I have to be there for her. A certain closeness has developed. What others do is their business. Mags, thank you for your well thought advice and caring enough to share with me.
Love and peace to all of you today. I hold each of you dearly in my heart. 💗☮💫☪
Old 11-22-2021, 08:20 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numb - Glad you plan to check in during a challenging get-together.
Intro - Good that you got 5 hrs. Even 4 makes me happy these days. Hope we can do better.
Des - Love hearing your travel updates. Wonderful that S visited & that she, too, is sober. Good to know you're happy.
PalmerSage - I'm only 5'2" (& shrinking) - I used to love my dressy boots with a little heel, but they sit in the closet while I reach for the comfy ones.
FBL - A miserable, but essential thing to do - soon it'll be over - best of luck with it.
Aly - Hoping the meeting goes well & is helpful.
Grateful for patience, when I choose to use it.
Grateful we will have just a tiny T-giving for two, but that's ok. Spent years traveling to be with family, but just want to stay home this time.
Grateful for your updates, as always.

Old 11-22-2021, 08:45 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my brother comes over every day before work and takes care of Billie. Grateful that the lawn guys are out in the yard getting the leaves to the curb.

Grateful that my procedure is on Wednesday so not long to wait now.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that my colonoscopy is over and my colon is 100% healthy. Grateful for today's medical technology!

Also, grateful to celebrate 12 years and 5 months sober today (I forgot, thanks Venus for the reminder!).
Old 11-22-2021, 09:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Congrats FBL! 12 years and 5 months -- wow!
Old 11-22-2021, 09:50 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Alpine sounds like your move has gone pretty well so far. Hang in there.
Intro I have issues sleeping too. Sometimes I will go a week of sleeping great and then I have days in a row where I have trouble falling asleep for hours. And if I get up to use the bathroom I have a terrible time going back to sleep.
PS I understand cleaning for the cleaners. I don't have a housekeeper anymore but when I did I had to clear a path for them in my children's rooms.
Mags I love lap kitties. I use to have a Siamese mix named Lucy that loved to curl up in my lap. Miss her so much. Now my two cats are not lap cats but the young one I am trying to train. Now that it is cooler she will get in my lap occasionally.
NL stay strong and stay close as you are around all the drinkers. I am hosting and about half are drinkers. But no one is a heavy drinker like I used to be.
Deserto so good to hear from you. What a wonderful trip! So nice that your new love interest is sober. My husband quit drinking two months after me and it is really nice to have a sober buddy.

Grateful my daughter is shopping and cooking for us tonight.
Grateful for half decent sleep.
Grateful for a short work week.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

Here is my Japanese Maple in all it's glory yesterday.

Old 11-22-2021, 10:46 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Grateful to have found my way back here to you all.
Grateful for the sunshiney day.
Grateful for prayer and meditation.
Grateful for sober friends.
Grateful my boys have the week off school.
Grateful for food in the house to feed the hoard!
Grateful to not be hungover this morning.
Grateful for hot tea and coffee.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:24 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my brother for coming here every morning before work to take care of Billie. It's an inconvenience for him but a great help for me.

FBL, glad your colonoscopy had good results.
Old 11-22-2021, 06:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Fearless,hevyn,and mags thanks for you kind comments. I truly appreciate them.
I am very Grateful for all of you here. I am pretty overwhelmed and have had the desire to get something drink. I then think about SR and the wonderful people here and run all of your positive and supportive comments through my head which had helped.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Alpine, glad you didn’t drink, every time you don’t drink the av loses its voice a bit more. I know reading SR and venting helped me stay sober and learn how to live sober.

Aly, you’ve got this love. It took me a long time to keep to my side of the street, but it does help. Hope your mom’s physio went well love.

Deserts, sounds a wonderful holiday, enjoy the rest of it.

FBL yaay , pleased it’s all done and dusted and a great result!

CBS I love your Japanese Maple! Awesome!

Grateful for being sober.
Grateful for all your Grats.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to be back to my regular routine this morning.

Grateful for all of you!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Gmorning…5:15am…Up since 3am but grateful I did get 5 hours sleep.

Grateful for the nap I can take during the day when I get sleepy enough. Grateful for the morning and the sunshine forecast throughout the day today.

Grateful for the support here at SR.

Old 11-23-2021, 03:20 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful to be clean and sober today ☼
Old 11-23-2021, 03:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Mags, thanks. It has been tough. I am nervous that once my husband leaves and I spend time with my Mom and sister that AV will be very loud
CB, love the tree
Intro, I have had insomnia for many years. My Dr sent me to a sleep study and the results were that I wake up 19 or more times per hour and never achieve REM sleep.. You have my sympathy for not sleeping. It stinks
Grateful for a warm bed
Grateful I have 2.5 more days with my husband before he leaves for about 3 months, although that is still up in the air.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:12 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine;[url=tel:7728674
7728674[/url]]Mags, thanks. It has been tough. I am nervous that once my husband leaves and I spend time with my Mom and sister that AV will be very loud
CB, love the tree
Intro, I have had insomnia for many years. My Dr sent me to a sleep study and the results were that I wake up 19 or more times per hour and never achieve REM sleep.. You have my sympathy for not sleeping. It stinks
Grateful for a warm bed
Grateful I have 2.5 more days with my husband before he leaves for about 3 months, although that is still up in the air.

Old 11-23-2021, 04:21 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Grateful Citrus has made it back.
Grateful for the support here about getting through this holiday sober. AV was definitely screaming when we got in yesterday. Day of travel. Beautiful sunset on the porch. Nowhere to be. But I did it and am of course glad of it this a.m. I was available for my kids even though I was super impatient because I wanted to just go to bed! But at least I know it’s because i was a crabby tired person not a drunk. My husband on the other hand was drunk and useless. Very frustrating not to be able to get more help in the parenting…but grateful I don’t have to really keep living like that.
Grateful for white noise machine.
Grateful for much needed coffee. I’m usually a decent sleeper as a sober person but strange place, loud noises from drunk husband, etc. and it was a rough night!
Grateful for least having her procedure tomorrow.
Grateful for the sunrise and sunset. Especially over water.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

FBL congrats on the clean colon and the 12 years and 5 months sober!
Least one more day and I hope you get some wonderful relief.
Welcome back Citrus.
NL we are here for you. Stay strong.
Aly you are such a great daughter to your mom. She is lucky to have you.
Hev I hope you enjoy your little Thanksgiving for two. Probably no drama then ;0).
Alpine my Fitbit says I don't get enough REM sleep too. Wonder how we fix that. The longer we are sober the better it will get I think.

Grateful for a sunny day after yesterday's rain.
Grateful my daughter likes to do the grocery shopping when she is home and she cooks.
Grateful to have my meal planned out pretty well for Thursday.
Grateful for my job and the benefits.
Grateful for my sobriety. 341days.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:19 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

CBS, that's an amazing tree! Wow.
NL, I hear you on the travel. Some of my hardest AV moments have been after arriving somewhere after a long trip. I think it's good that you focused on the negative aspects of drinking and wanted to get to bed. So happy you're checking in with the people who understand.
Fearless, Man Park is too much! There's a great new one about a "Target Thanksgiving" and this one too: Adele Thanksgiving
Hev, fellow shorties unite!!!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I took the day off today to get started on my baking.
Grateful my house is clean! Yay! Now to keep it this way.
Grateful my son was accepted into a second college. We're waiting on the big one, but everyone in our super-competitive area seems to want to go there so I'm not toooptimistic. Fingers and toes crossed though!
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful for the views out my window of a bright, fall day.
Grateful my husband is willingly taking the 6 a.m. school dropoffs for my younger son.
Grateful to be sober.