Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 111

Old 11-19-2021, 04:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hev - unfortunately yesterday I had zero ounces of water!
CBS. I agree about wanting to cook when it's cold out.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful that my younger son is so helpful with household chores.
Grateful I got some laundry started last night.
Grateful for a telework day.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Grateful I happen to genuinely love drinking water.
Grateful to see some old and new friends last night. I enjoyed some dealcoholized wine—and dumplings! Which makes me realize I don’t think I’ve seen Turs in a while. Either that or my memory is failing me.
Grateful to be working on letting balls drop—or maybe not letting them drop so much as not trying to keep them all in the air and knowing life will go on and others can step up to the plate or not. Okay, this is mostly theoretical but I am at least starting to realize…people may not like what I do/don’t do. I can’t always prevent that from happening. It’s too exhausting.
Grateful to have a PT who is another dance mom look at my daughter’s feet and give us some exercises. For free!
Grateful I can possibly sneak in a nap later. Was out late at my girlfriend’s house. So sleepy now!
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Grateful for a great night's sleep
Grateful that I like to drink water
Grateful for my husband and pup
Grateful for a warm bed to sleep in
Old 11-19-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The simple things. Grateful for my homemade granola and berries this morning. Time to make a new batch of granola.
Grateful for decaf coffee.
Grateful for a nice talk with my son last night. He is in SF and we don't talk that much. He just got back from vacation. He was scuba diving in Belize. He said he saw lots of sharks and they were friendly! Nurse sharks and reef sharks.
Grateful my son is coming home for Christmas.
Grateful that my bad cold is almost totally gone. Still a lingering cough.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my brother for coming over every day, before and after work, to take care of Billie and the cats.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Least, glad you are getting support and hope you are feeling better
Hev, hope your hubby’s food poisoning has passed
CBS, me too on the berries and granola. Just yum!
Thinking of Aly and Turps. Also Daisy
Grateful for a good therapy session yesterday. Though I’m thinking now that therapists know they can hold zoom sessions, they might never go back to in person even after the pandemic. I prefer in person but I guess I will have to adjust
Grateful my boss caught an error in an article I wrote before it went to publish. Grateful she didn’t make a big deal about it at all
Grateful to be back on the health wagon today. Yesterday was bad. Not sure what came over me
Grateful for a skincare and facial appointment this morning
Grateful I feel and look younger than 54 😊
Grateful my dad left me a little bit of money in a CD, which I am pulling out at maturity and exploring other investment options. It’s kinda fun to think about Bitcoin and crypto though I doubt I’d invest in more than very little at this point, and it’s really just for fun and to be part of the action 😊. Sonny boy says crypto currency is the wave of the future, and it’s like when I was you g telling my dad about cell phone being the future. Perhaps he’s right. It’s exciting to talk about it
Grateful to have a low key work day and get some errands done. Catch up on my German too
Old 11-19-2021, 07:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety, esp during this time.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

NL, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma.
And thanks for thinking of me!
I was away on a naturalist-led group trip, to an area that had very little internet or cell service. It was a lovely trip which I'm grateful for.
Also grateful to be back home and catching up on your grats.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Grateful to have just gotten back from seeing my mom. I didn't really want to leave, but she was tired and I brought her some papers to read.
It makes me so sad to see her in this bad of a space and my sisters not being around, esp the one who has pulled the rug out from everyone. I'm not going to her house for Tday. I'm going to spend most of my T-Day with my mom. My niece and nephews know where to get ahold of me, but they very rarely do. So I'm not sweating it and I won't let my sister hold me hostage with the kids. That's her cute little move. Like I said, they know where I am. They know where my mom is too. I hope while they are home, they can get over to see my mom, who has been very, very good to them.
Love and peace to all. Let God and Let God, I have to keep reminding myself.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - Families can be so disappointing.
I will have to catch up tomorrow - didn't ever make it here today. Missed reading the posts.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hevyn
Old 11-19-2021, 08:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, to use some words I read on SR years ago, look after your side of the street love. Your sisters obviously leave most of your mom’s care to you. It’s hard, but let go, let God. Sending big hugs and love to you sweetheart xx

Grateful I’m sober and present.
Grateful to have had the centra heating boiler serviced yesterday by a very thorough and efficient female gas fitter/plumber.
Grateful for the beautiful colours of Autumn, as the leaves fall.
Grateful for SR and the Grat Pack.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Numblady, I'm so sorry to read about the sad loss of your grandma, may she rest in everlasting peace. Love and prayers to you and your family. xxx

Grateful to make it here this morning, sober and present as is the norm now.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful to see all my favourite people still posting here.
Grateful to read all the wonderful grats.
Grateful for morning coffee.
Grateful both my cats are curled up on the chair.
Grateful my bills are paid.
Grateful for S.R and all of you xx
Old 11-20-2021, 04:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

So happy to see Turs - sounds like a great trip!
NL, love your comment about people not liking what you do or don't do - reminds me of that quote, "do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway." Kind of cynical but also true!
Aly, you sound like such a kind daughter, so sorry your sisters are being lame.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a beautiful watercolor print I ordered from Etsy.
Grateful for the chance to set up a hot chocolate bar for my younger son and his girlfriend.
Grateful I didn't worry about making it look perfect.
Grateful I won't have to go into the office at all next week.
Grateful that even though the holidays are stressful, I don't need to put it all on myself. No martyrs needed!
Grateful I thought ahead and set up the cleaning service.
Grateful for my sweet dogs, even though their shedding is 80% of the reason I have to clean so much.
Grateful that my husband and older son are getting away for the night.
Extremely grateful to be sober.

Old 11-20-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Daisy! Always brings a smile to my face.
Grateful Aly is setting healthy boundaries with her family.
Grateful Turs had what sounds like a really cool experience on the retreat.
Grateful for yoga.
Grateful for work with the dog trainer yesterday.
Grateful for what I hope will be a pretty quiet morning.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean this Saturday morning ☼
Old 11-20-2021, 06:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to get my Covid test out of the way yesterday. Hopefully I passed (although I didn't even study!).

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:17 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

FBL, lol. Hope you are ok!
Daisy, so good to see you
Palmer, I love that sentiment - do what we feel is right, people will criticize no matter what. And as Mags said, stay on our own side of the street. There is a theme here.
Aly, you have so much on your plate. Thinking of you and your mom. You are so caring and loving to look after your mom, and to do this on your own when your sisters aren’t doing much. It’s got to be rough. I hope you know how amazing you are!
Turps, glad you had a good trip
Grateful to have a good conversation with sonny boy last night. Even though he is an introvert, his aloneness concerns me, especially when I asked him if he’s happy and he said “that’s debatable”. School is boring for him and he doesn’t feel he fits in with his circle of friends. Getting more out of him is like pulling teeth. Trying to help him find some purpose. Grateful to find some books on this subject - parents helping their teens find purpose.
Grateful to be re-assessing my own friendships, some long held, as I realize some of these women simply don’t understand me or my family, my child, and never will. I can live with some of this, especially if i keep so,e distance, but not at all with people who pass harsh judgement
Grateful sonny boys cousin will be here tomorrow for the whole week, and to think of fun things to do
Grateful to reflect on family, my first Thanksgiving with my nuclear family gone, the ways in which my mom, my dad, and my brothers all shaped me, both good and bad. Grateful to reflect on what I’ve learned, what I can truly let go of and the ways that I am re-creating myself through loss
Grateful to be going for a long run
Grateful for each of you
Old 11-20-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

PS I know what you mean about the shedding. I have a German Shepherd and two cats.
Fearless I am doing therapy online too. He is 40 minutes away and have never seen him in person but I like the convenience of not having to drive.
Turs I would love to hear more about your trip. Sounds nice. I am an environmentalist and work for an environmental org..
Aly I am so glad you are able to be there for your mom. Mine needs help and is 11 hours away. I do have sibs down there that are pretty helpful to her though. Just wish I could visit more often.
Good to see you Daisy, Koala, Mags, FBL and Hev

Grateful for a surprise check in the mail. A refund from on old mortgage fee that was wrongly charged..
Grateful my daughter is coming home tomorrow from NYC grad school.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Grateful for your kind words. I've been trying to let Go and Let God, thanks Mags. I decided I am going to spend Thanksgiving with my mom at the nursing home. It breaks my heart to think of her alone there. I sent a text to my sister, who called last night, but I didn't feel like talking to her, telling her I'll be at mom's and not at her house for T Day. So, as Mags so wisely put, all I can do is mind my side of the street and make decisions accordingly. I'd love to see my nephews up from school, but as I've said, they know where I am. My sister likes to hold us hostage to the kids. I'm trying to just stay away from as much dysfunction as I can. It will be nice to be with my mom on Thanksgiving. She was going to order an extra dinner for me. They aren't even having turkey! Oh well, it's good nourishing food and I'll be with my mom. I brought her some books from the library and they have a little lending library there too. I hope they last her a while. I have got to start going through the bills! Yikes.
I wish holidays weren't so difficult in my family. My stand by lately: Let Go and Let God.
Grateful for all of you and your wonderful support. Love to you all. 💗