Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 111

Old 12-01-2021, 04:31 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hev, me too - I'm afraid to weigh myself but my pants were super tight yesterday! My plan is to stay on track for the next couple of days and attempt a face-the-truth weigh in on Friday. Stay tuned for shock and awe!
Fearless, I may need to borrow that shirt!

Grateful for coffee (although I was expecting it to be stronger) - still one of the highlights of every day.
Grateful for telework. I planned to go into the office for part of the day to meet with my big boss, but I don't think I will after all.
Grateful to connect with a couple of colleagues in person. Grateful that the truly giant white board I ordered has arrived.
Grateful to give myself some space before reading and responding to an emotional email from a former coworker and friend. She had a major falling-out with her manager after I left, and I think she expected me to intervene, but I'm closer to the manager (and have now hired the manager to work for me in my current job) - but I need to honestly respond with compassion even though I know we probably won't be close again.
Grateful someone sent me a jacket I'd left at a work venue about 2 years ago - it was brand new and pretty expensive - I wish it still fit, but maybe in another week when I've dealt with this Thanksgiving fallout.
Grateful my younger son persevered through what sounded like a VERY tough soccer training session until 9 last night, followed by another 6 a.m. grueling workout today for a different sport. Grateful he's self-motivated but I need to watch him for burnout.
Grateful for my sweet and patient dogs.
Incredibly grateful to be sober.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:19 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep. But I can't seem to sleep in anymore even if I want to.
Grateful for a sunny morning.
Grateful I got my Christmas cards ordered last night.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:49 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Today I feel grateful that the weather is going to creep into the 60s! Pup and I will go for a longer walk which will make both of us happy.
Grateful for kind neighbors who are friendly without being intrusive. Just a morning smile from them can boost my mood.
Grateful to not act on my irritable, resentful thoughts yesterday. I'm having a hard time trusting my own judgment so am trying to learn that when in doubt, doing nothing is often a very good move.
Grateful that on Day 5, I am really feeling a lot better physically. Waking up without any hangover symptoms is such a relief. Even a little bit of alcohol can ruin the next day for me. And wake me up at 2am even though I'm exhausted. Sleep is getting better.
Grateful for my sweet dog who has matured from a little wild man into an affectionate, funny companion ... though still a bit of a weirdo in a good way.
Grateful for this community, thank you for being here
Old 12-01-2021, 06:59 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

CBS, I'm going through the same thing. I'm waking up before the crack of dawn and then I can't get back to sleep and I'm so tired. I have some stressful things I have to do today. My sister is supposed to come over and help me with my mom's bills. I hope she shows. Sometimes she's not so reliable, but I'm praying to her higher self!
Grateful for all of you and to see all your lovely posts.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:22 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Grateful for mags and CBS new Avis
Aly, how are you?
Least, love the image of your cat playing with the leaf
Grateful for the mention of tennis. Mr F and I used to play and I’m thinking it would be fun to get out there again
Grateful for Willows avi too. It’s not exactly the same as a tree of life, but it made me think of it. I want to get a tattoo with a tree of life and a butterfly cocoon transformation from a branch. It’s a mid life crisis thing 😊
Grateful to have a backup plan as ski trip will likely get canceled. May stay in Sierras close to in laws for a week and spend lots of time with them since they are moving out of state soon. They were affected by the Caldor fire
Grateful boss asked me for help with another team members article
Grateful for beautiful weather
Old 12-01-2021, 07:25 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

There you are Aly. Missed a whole page of others posts. Glad you are getting help from sister
Sneezy, after a few times trying to get sober, when I would go back to attempts at moderation, just one glass made me feel like crap physically and emotionally for days after. glad you are feeling better
Oh, also grateful lost in space next season premiere is tonight!
Old 12-01-2021, 07:27 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Fearless
Old 12-01-2021, 09:29 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for therapy yesterday and also checking in with a friend.
Grateful for this sunny morning.
Grateful for grocery shopping yesterday and healthy food in the house.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:08 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that after many manipulations, I got my grabber thingy to open so I can use it. It was locked in the folded position but I finally got it to unlock and open up. My daughter ordered it for me so I wouldn't have to bend down to get things and it's very handy.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - The new lighting sounds lovely.
Numblady - Not a thing wrong with fuzzy & creative math.
PalmerSage - I'm seriously considering no weigh-ins until Jan. 3.
Sneezy - Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Aly - Hope your sis showed.
Least - I have one of those too - so helpful.
Grateful to see all the posts from our little family here.
Grateful to go to the Christmas Tree Shop - never went before. Bought a big, gaudy wreath.
Grateful that my online shopping has almost come to an end. I'm a little nervous about the grand total.
Grateful to not be drinking for the 14th holiday season in a row. Never dreamed that could happen.
Love to all.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:51 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hev, you'll have 14 yrs sober next month! I'm two years behind you and three years behind Dee.

Grateful that I was able to take Billie out to pee. It hurts my back but at least she got to relieve herself.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Fearless that tattoo sounds beautiful ❤️

Grateful for all of you here
Grateful to be sober 200 days
Grateful for my family
Grateful that I’ll have a couple of weeks off work over Christmas
Grateful for the rain
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for my Petey cat snuggling into me
Old 12-01-2021, 06:59 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Least, my mom has one of those grabber things. They really come in handy. Glad you figured it out and you felt well enough to get Billie out!
Grateful for Fearless being her own person and getting a cool tattoo, if she wants ones. Sounds intriguing. Of course you'll have to send us a pic, if you can, LOL. Sometimes I think I might like one, but I'm too chicken, I think and I worked for very formal law firms in SF and Oakland and I wonder sometimes if I've been brainwashed. Even as a kid in school, I always knew that if I looked clean cut, well turned out, etc. I could always get away with more than my friends, or people I knew who didn't pay attention. Not always, but that formal office wear practically gives me PTSD anymore. LOL. I'm starting to branch out a little more and express myself! My niece has a few and she looks awesome, but she's young and beautiful. I've heard some people say they hurt and some say it doesn't really.
Wonderful news, I picked my sister up after I saw my mom. I didn't stay very long. Sis did not let me down. She helped me open all the bills, go through them, get them paid. Then she stayed and helped me clean my room. My back started hurting so badly, but she worked on and made lots of progress! Her husband came to pick her up too, so I didn't have to drive her home. She really came through for me. I thanked her very much. I still have a lot to do, vacuuming, taking more garbage out (ouch!), going through a lot. She has big plans, maybe painting, a new bed. We'll see.
Grateful for today, my sister, my BIL and the memorial they are going to for his brother that died, this Sunday.
One of the PTs said that mom has to get out and up more often and she complains instead of answering their questions directly. I'm supposed to talk to her about it. I think something about the whole thing frightens her and sometimes she can get snappy when she's scared. It's got to be scary, esp at her age. God bless her. ♥
Love and peace to all of you.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:21 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly I can relate to your mom how she may be afraid getting up and doing more physio after her falls. When I first went for physio I was literally scared inside that my wrist would break again somehow. I’m still apprehensive but I’m sure with gentle persuasion your mom can do more. Hugs and love for you and your mom. xx xx

Grateful that reading your Grats helps me be a better person. You’re all so great!
Grateful for my new dressing gown (robe)
Grateful I’m sober and will never tire of it.

Grateful for all of you.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:02 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:10 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Grateful Aly’s sister came through for her. Aly, can totally relate to the brainwashed feeling. In the exec level job at a political agency I had to be so careful in terms of what I said and how I said it or didn’t say it. I catch myself now and sometimes have to remember, oh, it’s different now. I can say what I want! (Kind of).
Grateful least was able to take Billy out, although it hurt.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that I arrived without any real travel woes. Direct flight, empty plane, nice and quick rental car experience.
Grateful that when it turned to evening my thoughts were not of trying to figure out how to get booze without it being obvious.
Grateful that when I got into town I just went and got myself pie and coffee. Not really helping the weight woes but it did feel like a nice treat.
Grateful my job is really understanding and I don’t feel like it’s not worth it to be off because so much piles up in my absence, which was kind of how I felt at the last job, although I did totally check out when my brother died.
Grateful for this group.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:27 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Hev, that big, gaudy wreath sounds perfect! Deck those halls! Your sober time is amazing too - a serious inspiration. You, Least and Dee are incredible.
Aly, I'm SO happy your sister came through for you and provided you with true support. Hopefully it's a sign of more to come.
Sneezy, I love the description of your dog - he sounds super entertaining!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful for decent sleep - NOT something to take for granted, ever.
Grateful to spend some time with each of my sons yesterday. So sweet that they still seem to like me at 15 and 17.
Grateful for some productive conversations with work colleagues. Grateful to be thinking more positively about resolving conflict with the difficult ones.
Grateful to be able to pause before responding to a somewhat accusatory email from a former friend/colleague. It's very rare for me to have a true falling-out with anyone, but this person stopped talking to me because I didn't reach out to her when I knew she was having a difficult time with her supervisor (I'd supervised them both and didn't want to insert myself into the conflict, other than advising my boss about how to help them through it ). I was able to validate her feelings because I do understand them, but not rush to fix things like I would have in the past.
Grateful to be thinking about Christmas shopping, decorating, and baking - the next step is actually doing - right?!
Grateful for bagged salads from Target, of all places.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Reading your grats, I am struck by how much you pay attention to each other and take the time to comment and offer help and compassion. So often, I feel like we go through life unseen, or maybe not seen enough.
So today I'm very grateful for all of you. I have been away from this forum for a long time and it is wonderful to feel included again right away.
Aly, I am glad that your sister not only showed up but really dug in and helped. Sisters can be the best sometimes.
Fearless, thank you for your comments about the pitfalls of trying to drink in moderation. I've been down that road for awhile now and it only leads to the same old s#&t.
Mags, I agree - reading all of your grats does help me be a better person.
PalmerSage, glad the work conversations went well. I remember so well the challenges of trying to get along and communicate with some difficult colleagues - it can be really stressful.
Hevyn and all, thank you for the warm welcome!
Grateful today for a little burst of warm weather. Might be able to read outside today.
Grateful for old friends whose friendship I never need to question.
Grateful for quiet mornings with no one around except the pup who never judges me. Or if he does, he keeps it to himself
Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Sneezy, I find that to be so true about feeling not seen enough in life, or not understood. Since I’ve been coming here, I feel heard and validated. This group has been so supportive in many ways, not just to help me stay sober but to handle the ups and downs in life. You guys have always been here when I was struggling with my son or later with my dad, work stuff, etc. There’s no judgment here. As least says, I’m grateful for my family and friends in the computer
Congrats to everyone with soberversaries! Hev, I forgot how long you’ve been sober! This is my fifth holiday season without booze. It feels great. It is great to reflect on other health changes I’ve made to like the way I eat and yoga/meditation. I’ve always been an exercise fanatic. But I needed to make the other changes too
Aly, really glad your sister came through. I’m not sure how much of it was her coming around on her own, or you asking for help. But I am proud of you for how you are managing everything with your mom
Glad you got a grabby thing least. How cool! I want one!
Ive been thinking about that tattoo for a while. I’ve held off because I have a low pain tolerance. But one of these days I’m going to get that tattoo. I am also in a very conservative profession working in insurance. Like Aly’s field, it’s like the good ol boy network. Up until the pandemic, people, including women, still wore suits to work. Now that things are casual and work from home mostly permanently, I can cover up what I need to on a zoom call. Or, if I am at an in person meeting, I could cover up a tattoo on my shoulder or one on my lower leg.
Grateful I have one team meeting today, and this one is the last of the year for a project I’ve led
Grateful to be meeting a good friend for a walk when I drop sonny boy off at karate
Grateful to be experimenting with tofu
Grateful for YouTube videos and Google on pretty much anything we want to learn
Grateful for my sweet cogs (that’s cats who act like dogs for the newbies) who are curled up next to the fire
Old 12-02-2021, 07:38 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

So grateful for all of your kindness and support.
Grateful for all of you.
Fearless, you should get the tattoo if that is what you want. I wanted to get a few more pierced ears but my ears are so small I'm afraid they'd pull my ears apart. I have to think of something off the grid I can do in my 50's!
Love and peace to you all. 💗