Notices

Grateful for today!

Old 12-08-2004, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SammyMae

Grateful for today!

Well tomorrow will be 3 years sober for me and boy has it been a wonderful ride! If you had told me 5 years ago that sobriety was this much fun I would have laughed at you and told you your crazy. I just couldnt see how life could be fun with out being loaded. Golly how narrow minded was I! I have come from being a scared homeless girl who didnt even have shoes anymore to having a wonderful marriage owning a beautiful 4 bedroom home and having a great job! Not to shabby for just a run of the mill drunk. I thank God every day that I am sober now. I was reading over the promises day before yesterday and I realized that all of them have come to fruition for me and for that I am truly greatful. I have the life I always envied and I couldnt be happier. Today I am truly blessed and it's all because of the steps of this wonderful program we call a.a.! Thanks to God and all you aa'ers out there for helping me to save my life I am forever greatful and I hope one day I can return the favor!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Samantha,

one of the reasons I've stayed around in the program is the enjoyment out of watching people grow in the program. We come in the program all beat up thinking we're worthless. That's not so. U are a shining example of what's good about this program. I'm grateful I saw your post. I wish you many more 24 hours. In the 24 hour book in the Dec. 8th reading it talks about quality not quanity. Seeing you doing so well in 3 years gives the ones coming in here hope. Without hope, all is lost

God Bless

chris
Old 12-09-2004, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SammyMae

Thanks Chris, I definately feel blessed to have everything I have today. I am sometimes amazed at some of the people around me who feel that getting sober was enough. I got sober and decided if the steps could fix the drink problem they could fix just about any thing. It all starts with surrender. I am sometimes amazed at just how simple this program really is. I came here wanting to just not have to drink ever again and what I got was so much more. If I had just settled for that I would have sold myself so short. Today I have something to offer young women like myself, my experience strength and hope that if they do what the big book tells them they to can have the life that I have and I am just getting started. For me the possibility's are endless and I have so much more to work on. Progress not perfection! Today is my 3 year birthday and I am just so happy to be alive. Thanks!