Notices

Grateful to JKB

Old 12-15-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ipanema View Post
Hi Straightshoot,
You are most welcome. I am so glad you are doing better. It just made my day just to see you had posted here!! This is the beauty of the SR site that you are not alone and can share your experience, strength and hope with others. From what you say you are going forward with a plan of recovery and I'm glad you agreed to keep posting on here. As you can tell, we tell it like it is here: the good, the bad and the ugly. I will be lighting a candle for you until I leave today for a family get together. I can tell you there are issues there that test my sobriety. I just know I have people here on SR and my Sponsor in AA where I will tell it like it went there. Much luck to you for a better day and look forward to hearing more from you...whatever you have to say...as you are safe to let it out here and be fully understood. ((hugs)) Ipanema
Hi! I just became a little shaky about an hour ago, had left church and was at lunch with others from church. Haven't had any xanax since Friday night around 9 p.m. Only took .0187 of a .25 pill. 2 halves of a half and one more quarter. Whatever, not good at math. A small amount anyway. So yes, as you can probably tell and anyone else who reads this I am a wee bit nervous. I find the older I get the nerves are worse. Remember when most of us were kids? We didn't worry about every little thing 95% of the time. Of course most of us went through changes, and I have heard it said that the teenage years are some of the hardest. Excuse me for rambling.

As far as drinking goes I wish you luck at your gathering. I used to have a big drinking problem, but about 7 years ago I just about gave it up. I promised myself that if I drank it would only be beer, ( because my drug of choice was vodka) and nothing more than 1 or 2. Well in the last 1 1/2 yrs I have had less than a 6-pak. This is easy for me thankfully, as I just don't care to drink a lot anymore. I did good with that, and considering how much I drank I am proud of myself. My s/o drinks but it doesn't affect me to watch him. I just hope someday he will drink less, but I don't push him as it doesn't affect his work and all that.

Thank you again, it seems like you have taken me under your wings. Have fun at the gathering. Peace be with you.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well I didn't take any since Friday night, today after reading all the warnings about abruptly stopping, and my day starting off very aggravating, I just took a half of a half of a .25. When my s/o gets home from the Dr., I am going to do a walk in at my new Drs. office and plead for help. Hopefully he will be more receptive to me this time. On my first visit they didn't even take my blood pressure. But he is all I have at this time, until the first of January.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
jkb

Hi SS-

Just saw the post.... You are very sweet. I only know that info because I went through that hellish journey myself. PM me anytime.
Jess
Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
Hi SS-

Just saw the post.... You are very sweet. I only know that info because I went through that hellish journey myself. PM me anytime.
Jess
Thanks, so many wonderful peeps here. Ipanema is great too. I will keep PM'ing you in mind, lots to do in the next few dazes. Peace be with you.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Straightshoot View Post
Thanks, so many wonderful peeps here. Ipanema is great too. I will keep PM'ing you in mind, lots to do in the next few dazes. Peace be with you.
Hi Straightshoot,

I am so happy to hear things are better but don't understand the walkin to the doctor. Can he prescribe something that will prevent the jitters that we keep you level, and overall keep you comfortable. Your comment about lots to do this season is so true as well for me...I'm retired but get confused about what to do next, who to send the cards too first, all the gift cards people want from so many places.. Next year they are getting a gift card from CVS Pharmacy...so just keep your sobriety in mind first and the rest will fall together. When I get wobbly in the brain I just go take a nap. It's all that info running around in my head that makes me crazy.

I think you can identify from these feelings, Straightshoot. And know they are normal really for most people but more so for us.

Please stay in touch. You know you help us too. Ipanema
Old 12-16-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ipanema View Post
Hi Straightshoot,

I am so happy to hear things are better but don't understand the walkin to the doctor. Can he prescribe something that will prevent the jitters that we keep you level, and overall keep you comfortable. Your comment about lots to do this season is so true as well for me...I'm retired but get confused about what to do next, who to send the cards too first, all the gift cards people want from so many places.. Next year they are getting a gift card from CVS Pharmacy...so just keep your sobriety in mind first and the rest will fall together. When I get wobbly in the brain I just go take a nap. It's all that info running around in my head that makes me crazy.

I think you can identify from these feelings, Straightshoot. And know they are normal really for most people but more so for us.

Please stay in touch. You know you help us too. Ipanema
Oh opps, my walk in term simply means that one goes without an appointment. He accepts walk-ins. But about an hour ago I changed Doctors, and I don't see the new one until Jan 9, but...If I need one I can go to a clinic. I have gone that route before meaning replacing one drug with another and it was an awful experience. I only took one pill while I was at outpatient rehab for a very short period of time, and that is when I decided I would cold turkey the xanax. I was taking a heck of a lot more then and for longer, but seeing as it was over 20 years ago I fared quite well. I still work and I don't have hardly anyone to buy for as most of my family and extended family is deceased.

We have an employee Christmas party Thursday and I buy 2 inexpensive gifts for that. My niece and nephew are doing quite well and we barely correspond as they live over 1,400 miles away and are busy with their lives. I will call them though. I don't do cards. Just phone calls. So the busyness I am referring to is moving from one place to another this week. I hope your gathering went well and all is going good for you.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

How are things going for you Straightshoot?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by feeling-good View Post
How are things going for you Straightshoot?
Hi pretty well today. I wasn't on yesterday. Had a really rough night the night before last, only slept about 2 hours. But I worked hard moving yesterday and even went to the party. Still trying to taper the nasty pills, but I am going to beat it! Thanks so much for asking and how are you doing?
Old 12-22-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Straightshoot - glad things are going well with you!

I'm ok - totally sober but feeling a distinct lack of motivation although I will have to do something today - lol! I have a Christmas party tomorrow with my work and I need to dye my hair and go and buy something to wear - eek!

Hang in there and keep in touch
Old 12-22-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Scotland. Oh my. Someday maybe! Been to France and Switzerland. I have just about given up coloring my hair. The roots aren't really a bad color grey, and working in the sun I have a lot of blond and red still. Good going on the totally sober thing! Have a great time at party! I will be here to keep in touch, just working hard on the move today too. If yellow shows up I don't know how I did that.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Straightshoot - got my hair dye done - it's quite a dark brown (was kind of medium / dark brown with grey beforehand!) and got something to wear - yippee! Also painted my nails but other than that, that's about all I've achieved today - heehee

Hope the work on the move has been going ok - will let you know how the party goes in due course
Old 12-24-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi

Well I've been having a very very lazy morning!! The party was nice - nice venue and lovely Christmas lunch but all in all I am glad it's over and done with My sobriety was really not tested at all which is good but it is quite difficult to relate to others who are drinking when you are not... Oh well, don't need to worry about it for another year!

How are things with you Straightshoot?
Old 12-24-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am working and just came in for lunch. So far so good. I am on day 6 off the Xanax and feeling a bit nervous at times, but all in all quite well. Glad your party wasn't too much to make you drink, and yes I know very well how it is to be around drinkers as I tended bar for many years. Kind of feel bad for them, as they repeated the same things every night, and behaved more foolishly as the hours progressed. Tomorrow we have over 120 people here where I work having Christmas dinner and so I am looking forward to that. Have a lovely evening and day tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Straightshoot - well done on the six days!! I hope you have had a lovely Christmas day today. Mine has been lovely - tired out now though
Old 12-25-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

On 7 started a thread today about it, "shaky", but the kind people on the thread helped me much. It has been a good day, didn't get to go to the group dinner, too many people. But it's okay, eating our left over pasta and meatsauce. Tis good if I don't say so myself. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself. Time to nap now for you. Take care.