Old 12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you want a reply straightshoot?
JKB may not be online now?

D
Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No Dee I didn't expect one. I noticed that one can't reply until one has 5 posts. So maybe now I will be able to properly say thanks. I appreciate your help. Luv that Strailya. Wish I could go there someday. Have a great evening, day whatever as I do not know what time it is there.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

still morning here...

and yeah you should be good to go now with PMs

D
Old 12-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you help me find my original introduction thread? Where do I go to see that? There was tapering advice there and I can't find it. Still learning navigation. Good Morning!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you click on your name beside your posts theres a drop down menu - you can find your posts and all your threads there

D
Old 12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aw thanks!!!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Straight,

You can find the time anywhere in the world. Use Google Search, then go to (time) and enter the time you are and the time you're asking about.....It may have changed a bit but you get the idea...Many regards, be blessed! Ipanema
Old 12-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks I will do that. Appreciate your input.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Straightshoot and praying that things get better. Will watch for you on SR.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ipanema View Post
Thinking of you Straightshoot and praying that things get better. Will watch for you on SR.

Thank you. It's 3 in the morning and I am scared. I am trying to taper, yesterday I took .0175 and I just took about the same. My Doctor told me with the small amount that I take there would be no seizure. But I am sure some of you know how thoughts get into someones head and then a loop starts. I am hoping that what I just took calms me down.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about Xanax I'm afraid.
If you're this concerned can you get a second professional opinion, Straightshoot?

D
Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't know anything about Xanax I'm afraid.
If you're this concerned can you get a second professional opinion, Straightshoot?

D
As far as I know Xanax is classified as a Benzo and a tapering plan is in order. I need to do that, i.e. get another opinion. 20 years ago I quit them cold turkey and I was on a lot more then this go around. Much more. I have a new Dr. until the end of the month when my current insurance plan stops and another starts. Then I have to find a new one. It's the turning 65 thing along with medicare that is goofing a lot of us baby boomers up at the present time. Being from where you are you may not understand all that. But of course I always have the option of seeking an emergency Dr. at an emergency facility. The support here is amazing and I am very grateful.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

yes, I'm very lucky to live where I do for medical care, straightshooter
I hope you can get it all sorted out.

D
Old 12-14-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am hoping that you are better, Straightshooter, and have asked my prayer group to pray for you as well. I am not sure if you are having some help or alone. From your posts most recently it appears that you have considered the ER. Since there are no recent notes I would ask that you give us an update. I don't know you but an person struggling with your situation deserves help. I am on the West Coast and it's now 8pm ish and will be hoping you are sleeping soundly and in much better shape. You are in my prayers! Many regards, Ipanema
Old 12-15-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You are so kind. I found another place to go called Minute Clinic. I went there Wednesday night for a problem with my ear. I told the nurse about my xanax problem and what my Doctor had said, that someone like me who takes so little need not be concerned with stopping. She listened when I explained that I didn't know how to taper from such a small amount. She raised no red flags, but suggested I see my Doctor again to discuss it. So first chance I get, I will ask my new Doctor. Thank you for your prayers, and I will keep you updated as soon as I find out more.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That's rough going Straightshoot - I wish you all the best and pray that you get your new doc as quickly as possible!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by feeling-good View Post
That's rough going Straightshoot - I wish you all the best and pray that you get your new doc as quickly as possible!

The people here on SR are amazing! I wish I had found this long ago. I took ,0375 xanax Friday, spaced out from morning until evening and haven't taken any more as yet. I am a little shaky, but my coffee and combination of e-cigarette and regular cigarette may be doing that. Trying very hard to stop smoking cigarettes now too. I don't have a problem with alcohol anymore like I did, as I have had 2 beers in a year. I had a major problem and went to AA for years. but now I just don't care about drinking. I keep telling myself one thing at a time, but I know deep down I am a very strong person and if I make my mind up I can stop cigarettes. My s/o stopped on the 1st. He has asthma and it has really helped him. So tomorrow is a new day for a chance to see my Doctor and I will most assuredly give it a go. Thank you for your concern.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Straightshoot View Post
You are so kind. I found another place to go called Minute Clinic. I went there Wednesday night for a problem with my ear. I told the nurse about my xanax problem and what my Doctor had said, that someone like me who takes so little need not be concerned with stopping. She listened when I explained that I didn't know how to taper from such a small amount. She raised no red flags, but suggested I see my Doctor again to discuss it. So first chance I get, I will ask my new Doctor. Thank you for your prayers, and I will keep you updated as soon as I find out more.
Hi Straightshoot,
You are most welcome. I am so glad you are doing better. It just made my day just to see you had posted here!! This is the beauty of the SR site that you are not alone and can share your experience, strength and hope with others. From what you say you are going forward with a plan of recovery and I'm glad you agreed to keep posting on here. As you can tell, we tell it like it is here: the good, the bad and the ugly. I will be lighting a candle for you until I leave today for a family get together. I can tell you there are issues there that test my sobriety. I just know I have people here on SR and my Sponsor in AA where I will tell it like it went there. Much luck to you for a better day and look forward to hearing more from you...whatever you have to say...as you are safe to let it out here and be fully understood. ((hugs)) Ipanema