Notices

Today I Am Grateful For... Part 10

Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful to wake with a clear mind,body and spirit... Too appreciate the little things in life and not worry about the destructiveness of where my drinking takes me..
Today I am grateful..
Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

grateful for God's blessings today which are so plentiful that if I was asked what I wanted I would give it to someone less fortunate than me.

Old 11-30-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

TIAGF choices.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I am grateful I went dry. Going dry allowed me learn. Learning allowed me to get sober. Getting sober allowed me to keep learning. Further learning taught me that I am a good person capable of loving and being loved.
I am grateful for my sobriety.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

To LiaAc,

So happy for you as two days is a wonderful start...we have a disease that finds us drinking more than we thought we should. It's hard to comprehend but those of us
know it's the first drink that begins the destruction of mind, body and soul. I hope you keep up the good work and much luck to you! It's not a character defect to be Alcoholic and you most likely have it in your close relatives. So, the blame and shame will help you know you can't drink and it's doable one day at a time. Please keep sharing on this site as you move thru the Miracle of Sobriety. Regards, Ipanema
Old 11-30-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

TIAGF

Steak
Funny commercials with ducks.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

To Ipanema:

Thank you so much,, from the bottom of my heart, for your message. You are absolutely correct about taking each day one at a time, how this disease truly does destroy you inside and out. I have lost count of how many times I have tried to get, and stay, sober, and I always fail. But one thing I know is that each time I go through this, I learn something. Perhaps I can put that learning together and make this the "finale." That is, the last time I take this journey.

It really is a miracle isn't it? How you find yourself "waking up," so to speak, finding you're able to concentrate better, be a better friend and lover. You discover the small victories. You discover you have something worth living for and worth fighting for.

Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

TIAGF
6 Posts short of 10,000 posts!
(In less than 22 months on SR. Oh my goodness!!)
Old 12-01-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiaAc View Post
To Ipanema:

Thank you so much,, from the bottom of my heart, for your message. You are absolutely correct about taking each day one at a time, how this disease truly does destroy you inside and out. I have lost count of how many times I have tried to get, and stay, sober, and I always fail. But one thing I know is that each time I go through this, I learn something. Perhaps I can put that learning together and make this the "finale." That is, the last time I take this journey.

It really is a miracle isn't it? How you find yourself "waking up," so to speak, finding you're able to concentrate better, be a better friend and lover. You discover the small victories. You discover you have something worth living for and worth fighting for.

Thanks again.
To LiaAc,

I am so happy for your Recovery process and your words helped me more than you know. I hope I never forget my last drunk as it was, physically, a doozie. I thought I would for sure just die, yet something (my children?, Higher Power?) told me to keep fighting for my life. Many days, going forward, you could wonder if you should stay sober and I hope you will remember, like me, your incredible desire to be sober and stay sober. This SR website is a great reminder of what it was like, what happened, and what it is like now. We know not what we must do but that we seek recovery thru the voices of others. We find Serenity in what they say, not in what we think!!! I can't but we can!! Be Blessed, Ipanema
Old 12-01-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

I thank God for the opportunity to watch the miracle of recovery happen to the newcomer.

Each recovering newcomer strengthens my program and I keep coming back to feel the love.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
JL2013

TIAGF
Being alive on day 6, and off work ! Grateful for SR
Old 12-01-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2013 View Post
TIAGF
Being alive on day 6, and off work ! Grateful for SR
Good for you JL...keep up the good work even when off work.

TIAGF in many ways I don't know what's in store for me these next 24.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Today I Am Grateful For: (more info)

That, when receiving a call from my Daughter, I can be sober and present for her. She is overseas with her family (husband and 3 children) with the Military. Thru time differences and being so far away, I can still be available. When sober I was often not there for my girls. That was the main reason I sobered up, for my children. Then later on I found it was a great blessing for me! One Day At A Time
Old 12-01-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Ipanema, bless you, your children and grandchildren. Keep it up, not only for them but for yourself! You're worth it!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Ipanema, bless you, your children and grandchildren. Keep it up, not only for them but for yourself! You're worth it!
Yes, I almost missed all the joys!! At the time I thought, with all my problems, everyone would drink too? Little did I know I just created more problems and God helped me stop just in time...Thanks LiaAc...and Keep Coming Back
Old 12-01-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

...because it works if you work it.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

you are worth it

...because it works if you work it.
Yes LiaAc we are here because it does work and we are all worth it including you.

We are grateful to have you where you have decided that you belong and where you fit in. That's the miracle of it.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

TIAGF
SR and all the love it gives me. It has never let me down.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Today i am Grateful for the sunshine that is making the snow melt..
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

TIAGF the deceased AA old-timers who paved the way.