Notices

Mike L's gratitude list for July 3

Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mike L's gratitude list for July 3

Today I am grateful...

For a completely new, first time ever in the history of the world, day. I wonder...

For the sounds of the waves in the near distance

For coffee brewing

For finding another forum for recovery yesterday (SoberRecovery.com) -- a little uncomfortable but already providing some needed connection when I'm not able to get to my normal obsessive number of meetings.

For learning how to play Pinochle last night (and into the early morning! Nap will be called for today...) -- also uncomfortable.

For the awareness that this uncomfortableness apparently goes with doing things for the first time

For homemade hash browns, bacon and eggs at a respectable hour (10am)

Guess I should be grateful for my diabetes meds as well...

For the gratitude project -- I think it's working. At least for me it is -- and for all 25 people who have joined me on the project. I couldn't/wouldn't do it alone.

For my wife -- she's not happy at her core, worried about lots of things that are not in her control, and mistakenly hopeful that when the feared things pass (I.e., don't happen) she will THEN be happy).

That she knows I've found a way to be happy --- and I'm trying to find a way to help her without lecturing or teaching. Attraction not promotion as it were. Maybe I'll start sharing a daily gratitude list with her each day. Something we can do together.