Notices

So Gosh Darn Grateful

Old 05-17-2004, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile So Gosh Darn Grateful

I've been waiting to put something in here....oh where to start.

First off I'm grateful I woke up to welcome another day, and another SOBER one at that, thanking my BG for that.

I'm grateful for having found SR, it has taught me so much, I was walking around blind with this disease not really knowing what to do, trying to understand it, well I'm getting there slow but surely. Thank you SR, I love you.

Old 05-18-2004, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I'm am so grateful for waking up to another sober day, not sick, even if it's not so nice outside that's ok, I see the good things around me.

Love you SR and all the wonderful people that have been blessed in finding you. :mj
Old 05-18-2004, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

(((Denise))) I am so thankful that you are my grateful friend. Love you girl.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((Janet)))))

I'm so grateful for having met you my friend. :mj

I'm grateful for today, for being blessed with two beautiful healthy children. Went to a movie with my girl, and stopped for something to eat, had a good talk with her, words can't express how happy I am that she's back to the girl I raised.

When we were walking into the show, she reached out and grabbed my hand, boy oh boy what a feeling that was. Nothing like the love for your child, no matter what.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I am grateful for waking up sober again to a beautiful sunny day, and feeling so much different inside, not sick.

I'm very grateful for my eye sight, which I lost half in one eye when I was 19, it taught me not to take things for granted, and I think there was a reason it happened to make me see how fast things can be taken from us, and to really appreciate and see the wonderful things around me, like this morning watching the humming birds at my feeders, I love watching them.

Thank you BG for another sober day.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I'm grateful for waking up sober and not sick.

I'm grateful for my friends, and the wonderful gang I've met in SR, who all understand, help and never judge.

I'm grateful for my puppy who makes me happy.

Thank you BG for another sober day, and finally finding some peace of mind in this mess.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I'm grateful for staying sober, even with a bit of a fight with myself today, I stopped and really thought it over, nope I don't want to drink, I know what to do know, with the on going help of SR, SMART, plus the wonderful people I've met at AA. And an extra special thanks for my friend Peter.

I'm extra grateful that I've finally stopped using my hubby as my excuse to continue on, finally realised I'm responsible for ME, and so happy with the change within myself.

I'm grateful for finding some serenity in my life, it's been a long time coming.

Thank you BG for another sober day.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

DENICE ....ted
Old 05-23-2004, 05:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile ((((((Ted))))))))

We're doing it, yippppppeee. I think about you a lot in this, knowing we have the same amount of time in....and please know that is helping me more they you know, thanks so much for that Ted

too my friend.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

((((Denise)))) and ((((Ted))))

yippppppeee. I am so happy for you two that I can not quit dancing the Happy Dance. What a blessing we all have been given. I am so thankful to our HP for showing us his way. :ilu
Old 05-23-2004, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I really have lots to be grateful for..starting off at the beginning...the two people who were kind enough to open their hearts and home and adopt me...I feel sad now because at the time I didn't realise how lucky I was, what they gave up for so many...hmm thinking about what they gave up, now that I think of it, they didn't give a thing up, they both were happy, always laughing smiling. I think that's where I learned the happy dance..my Mom would always put music on and dance with us kids...ah the memories.

Mom and Dad if you're reading this, please know how much I love you two, :mj I think about you all the time, and more so lately. I will eternally be grateful for what you both taught me, the love, compassion for others, plus not needing every thing under the sun to make me happy, you taught me what was important.

Extra thanks BG for giving me another sober day. Love you.

http://www.geocities.com/wingsfree2003/LovingLife.html
Old 05-23-2004, 08:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

i'm happy to have a wife that supports and helps me stay sober .
Old 05-23-2004, 10:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Denise Your post has me in tears, what great parents you had Denise.

Yes it is the little things that really count.

The little apes are to cute on your link Denise. Love you.

Your Sister In Recovery
True Blue aka Janet

P.S. Crawfish taste sort of like shrimp. Messy to eat though, you have to break off the head then peel the tail and the red pepper burns your fingers and hands. It sounds like a lot of trouble to eat but it is very very good.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

Hi rjgroomer...so happy for you, that's awesome your wife supports you, it's hard doing it alone....give her lots of hugs man. Welcome to sober recovery, I'm wishing you all the best on your journey to sobriety.

(((((Janet)))))) I love you my friend, and so grateful our paths have crossed, you make me smile, thanks for that. Yep ain't those monkeys so cute on my page, thanks....love them too.

Yes my parents were something else, I don't know where I would have ended up if they hadn't of kept me, back then kids were tossed around from home to home, and they seen what damage it can do. I used to think, ah heck what does a child that young know anyway...well when I had my son, I soon found out, he was only a couple months old and if other people held him, he would cry without fail, but once in my arms he'd stop....so talk about an eye opener, babies know. I was told I was put in some not so nice homes, and I withdrew, wouldn't respond to anyone...well shame on those people who would be mean to any baby or child, makes my heart break thinking about it, especially seeing all the kids that passed through my home, kids no one wanted...my parents would keep them till someone adopted them. Well gonna stop here, before I start crying...darn hormones these days, I tell you, LOL.

Today I'm grateful for everything, even this puppy who is biting my toes at the moment, lol.

((((Janet))))(((((Ted)))))((((Missy)))))

Thank you again BG for another sober day. Love you.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Love your post!!

Originally Posted by justme2
I've been waiting to put something in here....oh where to start.

First off I'm grateful I woke up to welcome another day, and another SOBER one at that, thanking my BG for that.

I'm grateful for having found SR, it has taught me so much, I was walking around blind with this disease not really knowing what to do, trying to understand it, well I'm getting there slow but surely. Thank you SR, I love you.

I am grateful for another clean & sober day, too, plus, (I know stay in today, but....) I am grateful that my man will have 3 months clean & sober tomorrow & that I will have 21 months clean & sober on Wednesday!! I am also so damn grateful for this program of miracles (like all of us) & for that Higher Power that I have finally manage to locate once again!! Have a wonderful day!!

Old 05-24-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Smile (((((Sam))))))

I am grateful for another clean & sober day, too, plus, (I know stay in today, but....) I am grateful that my man will have 3 months clean & sober tomorrow & that I will have 21 months clean & sober on Wednesday!! I am also so damn grateful for this program of miracles (like all of us) & for that Higher Power that I have finally manage to locate once again!! Have a wonderful day!!
Awesome girl, just awesome, congrats on 21 months ...what an accomplishment, and even better that your hubby is working this with you, hug him hard Sam. I can't imagine how good that has to feel.

I'm working harder with my Higher Power, I know he has to shake his head sometimes when I talk to him, but hey..he's the reason I'm here, lol, ouch another lightening bolt, think I'm really grateful for those. I'm on such a roller coaster of emotions today it's awful, wish it would stop, being lonely is such a killer, but grateful that I haven't drank

Take care of YOU ((((Sam)))))
Old 05-24-2004, 07:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm grateful today because today is my 9 month anniversary. Thanks to my HP who I choose to call God for finding all the resources needed to accomplish this. I was one of those REAL alcoholics when I found the Relapse Prevention Center here in Charlotte, NC and with their help I was able to get sober. (Hope I'm not breaking any rules by mentioning them here) Now having found you guys here at SR, I was able to get past the graduation of my son and the marriage of my daughter last week without going off the deep end. When I'm getting those old familiar feelings like I used to get before I got sober, I can come here to SR and read all the inspirational things being posted here and get the support I need. Thank you so much to all of you who are here every day with words of encouragement and hope.
RD
Old 05-25-2004, 04:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

For Today

Hi Imgettingbetter, great choice in a name for SR....and fantastic on 9 months of freedom. simply awesome Those old familiar feelings you used to get...if it means coming in here and reading, well dang move in if you have to, that other way is no way to live ugh to it.

I'm grateful for not drinking today and I really wanted to, wanted to real bad. I had a not so good surprise earlier today and the first thing that came to mind was I wanted to drink, I didn't think of SR...AA...the people from AA, actually I did think of two of the woman, but I was in no shape to call them, guess that was stupid on my part, so I wasn't about to do anything I knew that would stop me. Gosh I'll be so happy when this gets easier, so happy. I wanted to numb myself today, never put one thought to the consequences or it, or how I'd feel tomorrow. Something stopped me, whoa.

I think my HP took over, no I don't think it, I know it was my HP. I'm so grateful for that happening today. Last night in chat here it was about our HP, I've really been tossing that though my mind, I know it's a huge force, something way way bigger then us, but then a part of me see's this image, this beautiful man standing there with his arms out. When I was a kid, I used to wish he could hold me, I knew I'd find comfort there.

(((Ted))) working hard on keeping our bond, but lordy some days, I know you've had your battles too, but onward we go, keeping fighting it, and let our HP take over, we couldn't be in better hands.

Wow I'm rambling on here, I'm still a bit shook up, but sober.

Words can't express how grateful I stayed sober and grateful for having kept my head screwed on straight, ah life, the hurdles.

Thank you BG for another sober day. I love you.......Denise
Old 05-25-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

justme2, it's really great that you made it through your tough time today. You got it right when you said it was your HP. Sometimes He steps in when it's just too much for us. Been there . . . I'd be dead today if not for Him. I'm grateful today that you brought that understanding back to me.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I'm grateful for having brought back Imgettingbetters understanding of our HP, smiling at that.

I'm grateful for waking up to welcome another day, and another sober one (holy cow that still amazes me, WOW, lol) how little faith I've had in myself, what a shame.

I'm grateful for having my site and hearing, to be able to see and hear four geese fly low over me this morning, I could hear their wings, and so could my puppy, laughing at his reaction, he sorta froze and watched in awe, everything is so new to him, he makes me smile and laugh so much.

I'm always grateful for all the wonderful people in SR that have helped guide me, and pushed me when I really needed it, when I really felt like giving up, thinking I'll never ever get this, looking for every excuse in the book, funny how we do that, and not funny ha ha.

(((((Janet)))))(((((Ted))))))(((((Missy)))))((((Sa m))))(((Imgettingbetter))))
Love you all :mj

Hugs Denise <---a sad one but sober.

Thank you again BG I'm learning to turn this over to you, yep gonna bother you even when I know how busy you must be. I love you. :heart: