Notices

So Gosh Darn Grateful

Old 05-28-2004, 10:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

Very grateful to be sober 15 days, yesterday was hard but I made it,today was hard but i made it , tomorrow will be hard but i will make it
Old 05-29-2004, 05:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

rjgroomer I'm grateful that you're working hard at keeping your sobriety, yep it is hard, and congrats on your sober days, awesome, keep up the battle, it's worth it....

I'm grateful for waking up to another sober day. Yesterday we went out for lunch, hubs ordered a beer, he poured it in an ice cold glass, I sat there and looked at it, and thought oh boy I'd love to have one sip, just one, it looked so inviting in that frosty glass. So I reached over and picked it up...he says to me what are you doing, I said I was going to have a sip, but I didn't, I just smelled it...mmmmmmmm damn it smelled so good, then I put it back down and whimpered for a bit, no kidding, was a long drawn out whimper at that, waaaaa. Anyway I sat there and enjoyed my coffee (yeah right) I did honest, (yeah right)

Anyway grateful that I didn't have that sip, and grateful pretty much for everything around me today, especially not waking up sick.

Thank you once more for a sober day BG and my buddies here. :mj
Old 05-31-2004, 05:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Red face

wanted a beer very badly after work today , could taste the damn thing , but i made it home . i knew it would not be one or even six . i stopped smoking 7 years ago . everyday all i thought about was a smoke and then one day i didn't . it WILL be the same with drinking . another sober day , cool
hang in there :icon16:

Last edited by rjgroomer; 06-01-2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

For Today

I'm grateful for waking up not sick, and grateful I fought off the strong urges I had yesterday.

I'm grateful I'm learning not to use excuses to drink. I'm grateful I stayed sober in case my kid needed me. I'll be grateful when she gets her act together, she's driving me bonkers. :slap: <--this one's from me kid.

I'm grateful for the people in AA, who have helped me.....extra special thanks to all of the help I've gotten from SR, the many posts that keep opening my eyes to this horrible disease. :mj

Thank you again my HP, I can feel you working on me, happy I'm figuring out how to turn this over to you, I wasn't doing such a good job of it by myself

rj.....keep up the fight, hugs Denise
Old 06-11-2004, 05:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

For Today

I'm extra grateful I fought off another strong urge, and grateful knowing this will get easier the longer I go with quitting.

I'm grateful for my new AA friends, and all the knowledge I keep getting from SR, all the wonderful people here.

I'm grateful my tiredness isn't from drinking now.

((((((Janet)))))) I miss you so much. (((((((Ted))))))) I'm waiting for your return. ((((((Missy)))))) keep smiling girl. I love you all

Thanks again BG for guiding me, I really like being sober, learning to love life more. I love you my HP.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:51 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Today I went to the spa. I had a bad visit at the doctors yesterday and asked my HP to help me not worry. A minute later the spa called to confirm my boyfriends appt. for the next evening. I thought I'd ask on a long shot if they had anything available for me at the same time and they did. That never ever ever ever happens. I always have to wait 3 or 4 weeks. That's my HP. He knew I was stressed and needed some TLC. I got it and haven't felt this good in months. Thanks HP!
Old 06-12-2004, 05:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

For Today

I grateful for waking up not sick again, oh wow l love this, and I'm grateful for finding some history here, one of my old posts from Sept 21, 2003 , so it's a good reminder to me of what I can turn into again, and I don't ever want to go back to that.......sitting here laughing at what I said that day...oh boy

Ted if you're around I hope you read this, you're not alone in this Ted, hope you give us a shout soon, let us know how you're doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Fell AGAIN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off hi everyone....I hope you're all doing well, and your weekend is the best.

I'm not feeling so good here, more mentally then anything...yep I fell again.

I let go of all of your hands last night.

We were suppose to go to our camp, but the weather was so miserable we stayed home, and yep next thing you know I had my hand on a beer bottle AGAIN...sitting here wondering if I'll ever get this straight.

I'm so sorry for disappointing you all, but I'm more diappointed in myself here, cry.

I wasn't even gonna come in here and face you all, or just let this slide by and not say a thing, but in my heart I knew that wasn't right.

I sent my friend an email, I asked him if he could post something saying a train hit me, or I died, or just anything......gosh where my brain goes when it's been drinking.

He said no, we'd talk about it today when I was sober.

Anyway needless to say I feel like a train hit me, and part of me did die with this.

But I'm not giving up.....old habits die real hard I tell you.

I had an arguement with my hubby......so next will be divorce courts, I get brave with saying things to him when I've been drinking, sad to say. It's things that should be discussed when my mind is clear, but it doesn't seem to work that way with me, better to just let the crap pile up so high, that when I drink I explode.

Well that's it for now. I been thinking since I got up this morning what to say here, and oh what a crappy night, wake up, and can't sleep, feel like a piece of sh*t....seems I must like feeling this way. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone......STAY SOBER you guys.

Okay I'm done babbling here. If you want to respond to this, just make it simple, you know something like this.......((SWAT MY ASS))

I know that will be coming my way, right Mags, right, lol, well I'm ready for you.

Take good care everyone.....keep strong, please keep strong, feeling the way I am right now just isn't worth it, not one bit.

Love you guys so much, hugging you all so hard.....Denise

Ahhhhhhhh gotta love history, rolling my eyes.

Thanks again HP for helping me...boy was I a mess up till a couple months ago, yippppppeeee for sobriety. I love you BG.

Hi wbhikergirl I'm grateful you found SoberRecovery and you let your HP guide you
Old 06-15-2004, 05:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

I'm grateful my HP is helping me with my rough days, thank you for taking over, I can't do this on my own, and I know it's you doing it, I can feel you.

I'm so grateful my ((((girl)))) is ok, and extra grateful I didn't fall apart today. Grateful for her cheery dispostion, under the circumstances, must be a chip off the old block. Love you my sweet faced girl.

I'm grateful for all the prayers from my SR family.

I'm grateful my fortune cookie says....you will be showered with good luck...and fortune cookies never ever lie

Thank you BG once again....I love you.

((((((((((Grateful Friends))))))))))))) I Love You
Old 04-28-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Smile For Today

Very grateful I found this, I really thought it would have been lost, different name, same me, oh that halloween av is so cute, forgot I put that there.
Grateful for what I have learned about this haunting disease, and still learning, from the guidance of the HUGE HEART of (((((SR))))).
Grateful for all the emotions, and unfelt feelings that have been buried way to long, working on taking ONE of them at a time and looking at them real good.
Grateful for those who haven't given up on me, when part of my twisted thinking from this makes me think, what's the use.
Extra grateful for you all putting up with my bazzar behaviour.
Grateful for my strong spirit, that's always working so hard on guiding me, it's a better navigator then my personality is, time to bring them together.

Thanks so much you guys.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Very grateful that I know this beautiful women who has the courage & strength to win the batlle with her addiction. Denise keep the faith.

STAY STONG like our Ted says.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:55 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

For Today

((((((Janet)))))) always be grateful for you coming into my life, your words have always meant sooooo much. Grateful you have a job now, and hanging on real tight to your sobriety....what a gift Janet, what a gift.

I miss our ((((((Ted)))))) too. :nose

Grateful for all of SR, grateful for those moving ahead, doubly grateful for those never giving up, knowing freedom is close.
Grateful I woke up not sick, and working hard on this again.
Grateful my thinking is changing, it's slow, but better then not at all.
Grateful I fought off the urge last night, and really thought about how I was feeling at the time....I STOPPED and thought.
Grateful for being sober all of Feb...and half of March....so it hasn't been as bad as my mind makes me think, can't believe how it distorts things so bad, what a sick thing this does to all of us.
Grateful being outside hearing and watching the two geese fly over real low, amazing.
Grateful I have choices, yes choices, grateful for all the chances we get in the life.
Grateful for all the wonderful knowledge that's there to help, time to use it more.
Grateful for the Big Guy, I see you smiling, I know I've made you wonder...then again maybe not, you know me better then I know myself don't you Big Guy? you're just sitting back waiting for me to make the right choices....you gave me a brain, and waiting for me to fully use it, aren't you?