Notices

Grateful ...

Old 12-01-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful ...

At this Holiday Season, I have so much to be grateful for ... at the top of a long list is my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God, and my sobriety, both physical and emotional. Today, I am in so much gratitude that my most recent CT Scan showed that I DO NOT have lung cancer, which has been at times a paralyzing, and always a nagging, fear since January of this year. That truly is an awesome Gift from God that I cannot thank Him enough for.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
carol_butterflybutton.gif (27.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 12-01-2003, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What Super News

young Carol....now you can

on down our recovery road.

the older and wiser one...
Old 12-04-2003, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Another Gift

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am so grateful that I don't have lung cancer ... what I didn't mention is that I am already a grateful eight-year breast cancer survivor. That's why what I'm about to share is so special to me.

If my Dad was still with us, he would be 95 this coming Saturday. I'm going to make it a special occasion by getting a Happy Birthday balloon plus another balloon, going to a special Cancer Survivor Park in the town I live in, and let them go after talking to God and Dad. The second balloon will be symbolic of me letting go of my will and sending it up to God. I will do the same on January 3rd which would have been Mom's 94th birthday. I made that decision on my way to my morning AA meeting today but couldn't think of a special place since my father's grave is some 200 miles from me. So I was going to let them go from my apartment deck (and let the neighbors wonder!). However, on my way to a brunch after my meeting, I had to drive right past the Park ... and I said out loud to an empty passenger seat: THIS is the perfect place to do it. I am so grateful that God put the brunch in the path of that park and that he chose for me to make my decision earlier today.

Some of you may be saying "how corny" but I'm so peaceful just having made the decision this morning. (I can't say it is really original since an online friend has done something similar - the specifics I don't remember, but whatever it was, planted a seed.)
Old 12-07-2003, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So Healing ..

I did my "balloon thing" yesterday ... it was one of the most healing things I have done for myself in sobriety. I am so grateful ...