Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > The Gratitude List
Reload this Page >

I am grateful to have stumbled upon this site and its members

Notices

Old 03-02-2010, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After years of daily heavy drinking, I cut it off 2/20, Saturday before last. I am very grateful to have found this site with SO many supportive members, willing to bare their souls, and share with others what they have gone thru and what they have done and tried to do to improve their lives, in the hopes that their painful experiences may spare others from the same mistakes they have made; that's an _amazingly_ genourous gift to give to a stranger! I joined this site then, made a post, got almost immediate responses, all of them encouraging and positive. I posted again this past weekend after my first week of not so fun physical withdrawal symptoms, and was again greeted with many replies of encouragement. We all try, we all stumble, we all get up and dust ourselves off and give it another go. Many here have been successful, many are a "work in progress" (I am in this group), and some, keep falling down, but by God, they keep getting up and keep on trying and I cannot but help but be impressed and awed by their perseverance!!

I come here every day and read as many postings as I can; this site brings me great comfort and resolve. I have such a good life, great wife, great house, great education, good job, etc... and to think I was on the _very_ cusp of giving _all_ that up for the short term pleasures that alcohol brought me... Insane!! My head is on straight, my shoulder is to the wheel, I'll take it a day at a time and re-learn what I have lost.
I am Grateful!!
Peace,
Mike
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good for you BC,

welcome to the boears, the grat pac, and welcome to revovery

all good wishes headed out
Old 03-02-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are doing well....
Thanks for sharing
Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been told a grateful alcoholic will not drink. I understand that now. Reminding myself how blessed I truly am is a big help and a big reason to stay sober.