Notices

Grateful for help from God, AA and others

Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Can't pin this butterfly down

Grateful for help from God, AA and others

I recently realized that the psychiatrist I was working with for 6 months had no experience with chemical dependency. I should have known this before because she put me on some very inappropriate meds for someone in recovery. I took them as directed, I am 4+ years sober, but still I am noticing withdrawl effects at the end of the day when I take them in the morning and the afternoon.
I am so incredibly grateful that, now that I am fully aware that I am in a bad situation, that I have a Primary care Dr that really cares for me and is willing to help me. I am grateful9 even though I was very frightened at first to let the people at work know) that she suggested that I take the rest of today and tomorrow off from work due to the side effects (constant crying) that I was having from too frequent med changes, the wrong meds and just depression period. I finally feel like I am getting some help. I am thankful to have been able to talk to people, AA friends, my family, my pastor, about my fears and have them calmed. Something I only dreamed of 4 years ago. I may still be suffering from mental illness but I am gonna keep on praying and hopefully I am finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you all
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I sure hope things will work out to your benefit soon.
Congratulations on your 4 years.