Notices

grateful for support

Old 10-24-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

grateful for support

I'm grateful that TODAY my husband is being supportive. I have asked him to quit drinking so I can get a good start to being sober. And also to just be chill so I have no excuses to get pissed and struggle with the idea of having a drink. He has for 4 days been awesome and stayed positive and out of my way. I have a few times snapped at him but he knows I am really digging in riight now so has truly cut me slack.

Thank you God for holding me up today!

Karen
Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Blessings to both of you as you move forward
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Feleling gratitude

Still my husband supports me. He is sober and it is hard for him too. If he is sneaking (which is typical for him) I am totally unaware which is where it needs to be. He tells me just focus on you and getting better I'll take care of the rest. He is so stepping up right now and I am so thankful! I need to tell him.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My horse is getting better :)

So during my process of "trying to pull myself up" I found my horse had a huge painful lump on his breast. Took him to the vet and it was the dreaded Pigeon Fever which I had never heard of.....the vet lanced it (huge contagious abcess) put him on anti biotics. Then I had to quartine him from the other horses and wash and flush his wound for as long as it takes to heal.

It wasn't easy as I was drinking off and on at that time and going through withdrawls when I wasn't so we both felt s****y.

It's been a little over two weeks and he is spunky and feeling much better. His wound is healing and he has adjusted to be seperated from his buddies.
I have been sober for 6 days and though it is raining here the clouds are clearing from my head.

I am grateful...........