Notices

My Attitude of Gratitude

Old 09-09-2006, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
giz

My Attitude of Gratitude

I am thinkful to the higher power in my life which has stepped up in the last 6 months to bring me peace during really tough times.

I am thankful and greatful that the movie, "The Secret" came into my life and explained how I could exert more power over my daily experiences.

I am thankful and grateful for the couple's therapist who referred me to my current therapist and told me about Debtors Anonymous.

I am thankful and grateful that I left my abuser and was not injured in doing so.

I am grateful and thankful he made that possible by providing me with the funds to leave.

I am thankful and grateful that my relationship with my sister has improved in the last year. She has expressed that I have said things to her that have been very moving...a call to action, and she has responded!

I am thankful and grateful that I accept responsibility for my actions.

I am thankful and grateful that I began praying for myself and others more in the last year. Every time I do, it brings tears to my eyes. It feels very good to pray for people still suffering, including myself. I feel in touch with the great activists of our past like Ghandi and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I am thankful and grateful for the energy I have to keep moving forward with my recovery and growth. Even in the worst times, I still prod along, moving forward. Speedy progress is much more rewarding though!

I am thankful and grateful for Debtors Anonymous. The people there, along with the message have helped me understand how I was using money to cope with my feelings. I have felt so much better since attending every week and now have a sponsor.

I am thankful and grateful for the friends I have that have stood by me and been there to help me in a sincere fashion. I have not always been eager to accept their help but over the years, I realize it is rewarding to them to help me and pay ME back for my help to them. I deserve the help!

I am thankful and grateful for my health. Without it, earning a living would be harder for me and I find that scary.

I am thankful and grateful for the opportunities I have been given and continue to build pride within myself when I meet and exceed expectations in the workplace especially.

I am thankful and grateful for the gifts my higher power has given me to earn a living with. I show that gratitude by sharpening my skill and staying current with my field.

I am thankful and grateful for the pets in my life! So many times, they have been lifesavers (Literally!) for me that I thank my higher poeers for their love and personalities.