Please help

Old 03-08-2024, 05:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help

My addict ex of six years, who I supported financially betrayed me by up and leaving for another addict while he was in recovery tried coming back in August and we started talking again. He was going to jail back in November for 10 mos and he was saying he wanted to be in a relationship again but I found out he was still communicating with that other woman. He went to jail and has contacted me a few times and I have been very rude after finding out he is still talking to that woman. He didn’t call for like a month and just called last week asking for money. I said no and hung up and I haven’t heard from him since. Am I wrong for not helping him? I am just so upset and feel so taken advantage of. Need advice
Old 03-08-2024, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

No, you are not wrong. Is he still in jail? If he is, you should have the option of accepting his calls or not. When asked, I'd just decline and hang up. If he continues to call after he gets out of jail, I'd block him. He isn't worth your time.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Suki44883

Yes he is still in jail. It was just so demoralizing to get a call after a month and immediately asking for money. It’s just sickening how I was manipulated and used for all those years. Everything was transactional with him and it was all a lie
Old 03-16-2024, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Painful as it is Marie, recognizing the lies and manipulation will be what saves you. Used and abused no longer.

Liberty at last.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Steely

Yes it was very painful to accept I was used , bit the worst part is the betrayal trauma is very real. I don’t know if I will ever trust anyone again