Who is wrong in this scenario?

Old 02-01-2024, 11:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Who is wrong in this scenario?

So 2 weeks ago bf got a £6000 tax return. I knew before it went in his account it would change his behaviour. Last summer whilst working he was bad on the crack and he worked all week to have nothing to show got himself. He got into a little bother but did a good job of hiding it all from me. I dont think I know the half of it. He to this day says he doesn't do it. He lost his job in September due to allegedly stealing and selling a a saw and since then he stays home in his flat with no life. He has severe pain in his back which is his reason for not living. Its true I guess. Broken hard ware and trapped nerves and broken bones. Its always swollen and he's not lying.

Anyway the day money went in he couldn't wait for me to go back to my place. He said it was to buy me gifts. Which made no sense as he lives in town above a shop. But also why couldn't I come shopping or wait at his flat. I went off home and he asked me to order my own gifts and sent the money. When I went down the next day he said he'd caught my cold. He was implying he was going to be dying in bed and wasn't moving. I ended up going out to buy tea etc. The next day I walked to collect his parcels and picked up dinner.

I went In his bathroom mid afternoon to see thr eater tank cupboard had been left open. When I climbed up to look I found his pipe! I hadn't seen it for a long time and my heart sank. He began complaining of stomach ache as an excuse to keep using the toilet. I knew he was going in there. He took 2 trips out to the shop a two minute walk away. The second trip took him 15 mins instead of just over 5 mins. His face looked slightly different. I knew he'd been to get something as he'd been on his phone all afternoon clearly messaging someone.

I went off to work the next day and theh the next day too. On the 2nd day I heard nothing from him before work. I start at 7am so wasn't too concerned. I went on my break at 12. He had sent a message at 7.15 saying he'd just woken up. I called him. No answer. This continued all day. I had a phone call lasting 27 seconds at 5 30pm where he told me he was feeling so poorly and then that was it.

The next morning I was worried and just about to call someone to do a welfare check and he phoned. He was annoyed at me for worrying. He couldn't seem to understand my worries.

The next day I went down after work. As soon as I got there he was saying how terrible he still felt. he usually would cook for me. But he had no food in. I felt abit unwelcome so after an hour I volunteered to go home and let him rest.

I've not seen him since as he was wxpressing not being himself and needing time alone so there was no pressure. Then I got the flu anyway so its been 10 days since we last saw eachother.

Wednesday we were talking on the phone at 10.30am. Then he disappeared. I got one message at 7pm saying he'd just woke up. I called him. He didn't answer. I woke up yesterday to nothing. I called him. I text. Then at 7.45 he rang and got instantly annoyed and defensive. I messaged him saying I couldn't carry on like this it was causing me so much stress and I felt lonely as he wasn't around and I was worried. He reacted badly. Hung up and gave me the silent treatment. I had one message off him yesterday at 3pm where he said he didn't want to talk to me because I'm always putting him down and looking for problems. He said I make him mad.

I've messaged him saying I needed him to tell me what he wanted and I wasn't happy to continue being ignored. Well it's now 7.30am and he's not been in touch or opened My messages.

I need to know what I should do now? Have I been too much? Have i smoothered him? Or was i right to be anxious over the crazy sleeping patterns?