Urgently need advice

Old 01-24-2024, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Urgently need advice

My bf has struggled with addictions on and off for years. I became aware last summer that he was smoking through a glass pipe. As time has continued on I've seen yellow white crystals on his worktop to confirm this. I'm 99% sure he is smoking crack. He lost his job in September last year and due to health issues and his mindset he's stayed off work and has been scraping by.

He's never admitted to me he does drugs beyond weed which he hasn't smoked for ages. I'm unsure what amount he's had since being jobless but I'm guessing it wasn't alot. He's had no interest in sex etc.

Anyway last Friday he got a tax return of £6000. I was on one hand relieved he had money. But on the other I know how wreckless money makes him. By day 2 familiar behaviours returned. 2 extra trips to the shop. Taking the rubbish bag down to the bins (he loves on top floor in a 3 floored flat) with his phone. Claiming to be constipated and using the toilet 4 or 5 times in one afternoon. I then found the dreaded pipe hidden high up in the bathroom.

I went to see him tuesday after my shift. He was complaining of pain which is normal (back issues) he also has had a cold this week that I've kindly passed on too. He was very negative and I left an hour later because I was hungry and tired and didn't want to sleep over due to feeling he had no food in and wasn't going to perk up. We text until 9pm. He then text saying he needed milk. I replied and then nothing back.

I went to work yesterday and started my shift at 7am. I was sad I didn't hear from him before work as he'd always message most days. I went on my break at 11.50am and had one message he had aent at 7.20 saying he was OK and have a good morning. I phoned him as I always do. No response. I finished work at 3pm and began to phone him. Nothing. I tried again half an hour later. Nothing. I sent a couple of texts. At 5.30pm he phoned me. He was moody and said he was poorly. He said his head was pounding he felt sick etc. He was on the phone for 30 seconds.

I left it 3 hours then at 8pm began calling him every half an hour until 10pm. I went to bed. I woke up at 11.30pm 1.30am and 3.50 am. Each time I've rang his phone several times. No answer.

Its now 5.30am. Im still getting no response. I'm very worried. He has a 7 month old frenchie dog. She still doesn't go outside! That's a whole other story. But I'm concerned.

What do I do? I can't get into his building. he has no other family ot friends in his life. When will it be acceptable to phone the police.

I am so worried he's passed away or become severely unwell. Im so upset.
Old 01-24-2024, 11:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can call them anytime to do a wellness check.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you are that concerned, it's perfectly acceptable to call the police to do a wellness check.
Old 01-25-2024, 01:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He woke up at 6 and didn't see the issue or why I was worried. He's cold and grumpy. So leaving him to rot today.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawbz11 View Post
He woke up at 6 and didn't see the issue or why I was worried. He's cold and grumpy. So leaving him to rot today.
Does he ever consider your feelings about any of this?