Money

Old 06-13-2020, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Money

My ex moved out in January to ‘clear his head’ (aka he was back to using heroin and knew I wasn’t going to allow that) and he has owed me money since. I only asked for it once or twice since I know he is using so I didn’t feel like hearing the lies. He told me about 2 months ago he was going to deposit the money ‘tomorrow’ and of course never did. He finally came to the house last week and was totally high and guzzling twisted teas. I told him I was seeing someone but that he needs help and I will support him if he wants help now. He said he was ‘sober’ and that I’ll see ‘tomorrow’ when he deposits the money. To my surprise he actually did it. Could he truly be doing the right thing? Or is he doing it to manipulate me for something? Addicts don’t usually give up money at all....certainly not without an agenda. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 06-13-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Nicb, well, as is often said here, more will be revealed. You will just have to wait and see what he wants, if anything? It is great you got your money back!

Old 06-14-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks trail mix. It’s so confusing! Just because he has money to give me doesn’t really mean much I guess since I witnessed him high and blatantly drinking!
Old 06-16-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You are one of the lucky ones to get your money back. Keep it safe, hang on to it, and wait....as trailmix said, more will be revealed. Most likely another story and request to borrow again...since he did pay you back. That's not cynicism, that's the reality of how this too often unfolds.

I am sorry he isn't clean/sober and pray that one day he finds a better path.

In the meantime, take your money and run.