You toss them out , now theyre OUR problem

Old 04-26-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This sounds like a problem of law enforcement not doing its job. Maybe you and others who are experiencing this should get together and meet with the powers that be in your area and demand that something more be done.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My son was homeless very briefly. Thank God he was arrested, which turned his life around. He was homeless during the summer. It would be miserable here in the North East to be homeless in the winter. That could have been my son on your Florida property had things been even a little different. He would not have been there because we tossed him aside; it would have been because he was addicted and irrational and our government is useless. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I believe somewhere in the upper reaches of our government, someone is profiting nicely from drugs coming in to our country. I refuse to believe this would be such an epidemic if the full force of the United States of America fought against it. As it is, it's lining some pockets in a big way, and the towns are profiting when they "catch and release" people for possession of CDS -- just give them a fine, and let them go. Those little fines add up, even though not everyone pays up. Then, if they don't pay the fines or if they are in and out of the municipal courts enough times, eventually they lock them up where there is no help, no rehabilitation. Not that there isn't money for it; just that the government is heartless. The lucky ones see jail as their "bottom" and they get clean; others don't and just repeat the cycle until they're incarcerated for long sentences or dead.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Part of the problem in Florida is the scam rehab programs that are taking place there. The young under 26 on there parents ins. are going to these places only to receive drugs to stay while the ins. companies are billed for as much as possible for rehabilitation services. Then when the insurance runs out the young are put out on the street. This is a Florida state problem. It's been on the national news.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Active alcoholics/addicts are in the throes of a mental illness which is also a choice,
to be in treatment/recovery or not to be.
quote:
10 percent of US adults have drug use disorder.
75 percent report not receiving any form of treatment.

I am in recovery because I want to be. AA is the solution.
I did not have the option of the luxury of a treatment program.
AA/NA works. It's the foundation of treatment programs.
~AA member 25 years. ~Satisfied customer.

Substance abuse is a "spiritual malady" and a social problem.
Active alcoholics/addict are manipulative and extremely abusive,
some in the extreme. Which is why families can't deal with them.
As an example, both of my brothers tried to end me. I am a woman.
Yes, I am done with them.
They are unsafe. A danger to themselves and others,
which is why substance abusers are sometimes locked up in psychiatric facilities.

So sorry you are dealing with this issue and these vagrants are such a nuisance.
Maybe consider the electric fence, as it has worked before.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
we may remove family members from our lives but we dont force them to put up tents on your property and leave garbage all over. you can blame me for my brothers actions but i wont accept responsibility for his actions-hes an adult.
Truth.
Wise words.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elissa1962 View Post
I could not have said it better. As the parent of an addict, we are so sorry to burden you with our problems. Do you think we want our children to be living in tents on your property? You have no idea what you are talking about. If you have nothing positive to say in regards to the problem of addiction and the fallout that causes, please keep your opinions to yourself. Thank you.
This