New and Looking for Support

Old 07-28-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and Looking for Support

My husband keeps drinking and smoking marijuana and driving. He doesn’t listen to anything I say about it whether I am crying, angry, or calm and trying to create a solution. I know this problem is all on him and someday he will have a consequence to his behavior. But this doesn’t effect only him. It would be an embarrassment to our family, he’s lose his job, and probably be the nail in the coffin for our marriage. I even tell him that I will let others including family, his boss, and even call the police when I know he drinks and drives. I feel so alone in this and his so called “friends” don’t care because they are all the same and it’s normal to them. He has no off switch and it’s going to be very bad someday. I fell like he’s playing Russian roulette with our livelyhood and it’s almost too much for me to handle. It’s hard becuase he doesn’t drink all the time so he thinks this is no problem and unless he’s completely plastered thinks alcohol and drugs done effect his driving.

I am working to change my life including participating in healthy hobbies and going back to school so someday I can support myself. Right now, I couldn’t which makes me feel so stuck and alone.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Scared wife

My heart goes out to you, living as you described can be very lonely and sorting out what to do for yourself can be very hard. You have come to a good place.

It sounds like you are off to a good start with your self care. And, it sounds like you have a way to go before you feel confident enough to open up your options.

While you are working on those things, I would suggest considering attending AlAnon, Codepentent Anon or Nar Anon meetings. Those meetings help all of us living with addicted loved ones to work the 12 steps ourselves, which is our path to freedom and health. In those groups you'll hear others' stories and learn about resources to help you.

You will need all the support you can get from people who have walked this path before you in order to find your own way. It is impossible for those who have not walked this path to understand your plight or give good advice.

Prayers that your HP lights your steps,