My husband is smoking crack

Old 09-14-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband is smoking crack

Hello. I recently found out my husband was smoking crack. I discovered this last summer. Ever since then, it has been a total disaster.

In June of this year he went to detox/in patient rehab. When he got out, his brother offered him some meth, and he relapsed all over again with all drugs. Meth, xanax, and crack again.
His brother was very aware of his rehab and recovery. I can't explain why them two insist that it's okay, as long as your family gives it to you...?
It still makes me very sick thinking about that situation.

This past August he had gotten high on crack and pretty much went maniac. He took himself to my fathers house and fought my father in the front yard. Blaming my father for his problems. All random. My father has NOTHING to do with any of his issues with drugs. My husband had a real manic-moment that day. It was awful. Ever since then I have not been back home with him.

Along with his substance abuse problem, his mother enables him. They are very wealthy and she is constantly trying to fix his problems with money. JUST HIS PROBLEMS. She is in denial about his drug problem. She even denies that he went to rehab, when she is the one who paid for it because he cried for help.

Since I have not been home, I've been staying with my brother. Along with my 9 year old daughter. He has no plan for when we will fix our marriage or get me on my feet to get my own place with my daughter. He has housed and supported me for the past 6 years. And this living arrangement has been very tough on my daughter and I. But I simply cannot go back home to his drug behavior. It's terrible.
Another thing, he mother has bought him a new car to "help" cheer him up over our separation!!! It blows my mind. I don't know what to do anymore....what's going to happen to us ? What should I do?? Where should I go from here...?? He has yet to give me any financial assistance with my living. Is that wrong??
Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for leaving! You absolutely did the right thing for all concerned, especially your daughter. This sounds like such a toxic situation. Unfortunately, the mother is making it so much worse. So sad.

He really left you no choice. And of course he SHOULD be helping you to get on your feet, but he is an addict and they rarely do what they should.

Right now there are things you have control of, whether you realize it or not. I urge you to take control, rather than giving it back over to him.

You CAN do what you NEED to do to make a better life for yourself and your precious daughter.

Many, many hugs.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He has no plan for when we will fix our marriage or get me on my feet to get my own place with my daughter. He has housed and supported me for the past 6 years. And this living arrangement has been very tough on my daughter and I. But I simply cannot go back home to his drug behavior. It's terrible.
He has no plans for fixing himself at this point let alone a marriage.

This is where you need to step up and do what is necessary for you and your child. File the proper paperwork so that you can at least begin receiving some kind of financial support.

It stinks, it's heart wrenching and not how any of us hoped or planned how our lives would be.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
He has no plans for fixing himself at this point let alone a marriage.

This is where you need to step up and do what is necessary for you and your child. File the proper paperwork so that you can at least begin receiving some kind of financial support.

It stinks, it's heart wrenching and not how any of us hoped or planned how our lives would be.
Thank you so much for your reply
Old 09-15-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hechosedrugs View Post
Good for you for leaving! You absolutely did the right thing for all concerned, especially your daughter. This sounds like such a toxic situation. Unfortunately, the mother is making it so much worse. So sad.

He really left you no choice. And of course he SHOULD be helping you to get on your feet, but he is an addict and they rarely do what they should.

Right now there are things you have control of, whether you realize it or not. I urge you to take control, rather than giving it back over to him.

You CAN do what you NEED to do to make a better life for yourself and your precious daughter.

Many, many hugs.
Thank you so much