To the addiction (AKA Drugs)

Old 12-19-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To the addiction (AKA Drugs)

…to the addiction…

I HATE YOU!! I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO!!! I WISH YOU WERE DEAD! IF I COULD, I WOULD KILL YOU MYSELF!

You have stolen so much from me I can’t even begin to cover it all. You have stolen my possessions and money. You have stolen my time and my health. You have robbed me of smiles and happiness so many times I can’t count. You have made me cry in anguish and lash out in rage, and only because of what you do. But worst of all, you have stolen my son! I HATE YOU…I can’t say it enough!

You have robbed my beautiful boy of his hopes, his dreams, and his life. You have taken his self-worth, self-esteem and self-love. You have stripped him of possessions, money, time, and health. Everything that you have taken from me, you took from him first. You didn’t care when you consumed him that we were joined at the heart. You destroyed him just the same. You didn’t care that his loss and pain becomes my loss and pain. You still coaxed him into the depths of your hell and you won’t let him go. I have never even entertained the thought of allowing you into my life and body, but you are there just the same. Through my son, I suffer because of you!

The worst of all of it is that you live in my son. When I hunt you down to abolish you, you are protected by the face of my baby boy. I look into his eyes and I know that you are there too, but all I want to do is wrap my arms around him and protect him. But I can’t, can I? He’s not 5 anymore. He’s a man. I can’t catch him when he falls and I can’t make you go away like I could with the monsters in the closet. You are a completely different kind of monster and way beyond my abilities to eliminate. The only person that can kill you is my son himself! But you keep him weak; you keep him dependent on you. When you see yourself losing your grip you make him suffer so that he runs back to you for relief. Every time he thinks it will be just to ease the pain this once. But we both know it’s never just once. As soon as you have your grip on him again, back down you pull him!

You make him lie…bold faced lies…and you make him do it so well that sometimes I question if it’s the truth. You make him steal and cheat to feed you, and then tell me that it wasn’t him. You make him forget all that is good in his life and then prevent him from protecting anything but you. He has a beautiful daughter and I see you trying to steal him away from her too. How could you do that?!! You selfish, self-centred, inconsiderate BASTARD!!! She’s only a child and she loves him so much! You have no compassion at all! You make me sick! When I think of you I can barely breathe…

But I won’t enable you anymore. I recognize that my son is the only one that can make you go. No amount of love and protection from me will help. He has to find the strength in himself to say that he wants more than you have to offer him. Unfortunately, you will make him see my decisions to change as not caring anymore. You will tell him that I stopped loving him and if I truly wanted what’s best for him I would help. But what you don’t know is that I will be helping. By not allowing you to consume me too, by protecting everything that is outside of you, by not catching him when he falls I will be pushing you into a smaller world where you cannot survive. You WILL die! One day my son will hate you as much as I do, hate you for everything that you have taken from him…and he will kill you!
Old 12-19-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Angelles, heartfelt, spot on and true.
Old 03-05-2022, 01:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this
Old 03-07-2022, 11:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This was exactly what I needed to read today. I hate addiction so ******* much