My husband cheated while in rehab

Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband cheated while in rehab

I have been with my husband for almost 3 years, we have a beautiful 4 month old son. My husband is addicted to pains pills and heroin.
My husband was in rehab for about 25 (court order to do 45). About a week in a half to two weeks in he slept with a girl in rehab.... my hurt is broke... I keep asking my sled why. Is this just apart of the rehab stay or what?
But any who he got kicked of rehab for a week and told me that he kissed this girl and I new he was lying. The day I took him back he called me and told me that he was kick out for good because of what happen with her and I asked what all happen and he told me her would tell me when I picked him. I got mad and asked if he slept with her and he said yes....
I'm not sure what hurts the most that he slept with someone else or that lied to me.. How could he sleep with another women and then look me in the eye and he me how much he loves me and someone please help me understand?
Oh and to top it all off he is now in jail for 60 days.... all I can say is I hope she was worth it....
Old 03-16-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Vleavitt, I am sorry for your sorrow but glad you found us.

I can't imagine how heart breaking this is for you, when he went to rehab you probably thought and hoped that this would be the beginning of something better in your marriage and now you feel betrayed.

I can't tell you what to do, only you can decide what it right for you and your child. You both deserve so much better than a life of addiction, cheating and jail.

Take a read around, it may bring you some comfort to know you are not alone here. The sticky posts at the top of this forum may be particularly helpful.

I hope that you can find some healing and clarity here.

Hugs
Old 03-16-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is a time for tough love

Originally Posted by Vleavitt View Post

I'm not sure what hurts the most that he slept with someone else or that lied to me.. How could he sleep with another women and then look me in the eye and he me how much he loves me and someone please help me understand?
Oh and to top it all off he is now in jail for 60 days....
Time to seek out good support for yourself.

I never liked it when I was drinking and using but, for your husband
much tough love is in order.

M-Bob
Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this. Please know you are not alone, as from what I have seen it is a very common thing - to cheat IN rehab My soon to be ex husband cheated on me when we were dating, before marriage, in rehab. I forgave him. Married. Guess what? He just cheated again, not in rehab, with a heroin addicted prostitute, who looks like hell

Breathe in and out. It has nothing to do with you. Obviously, recovery was not on his mind. I cannot tell you what to do, as I remember members here gave me advice 3 years ago when I came to this forum and I didn't follow it I have traveled my road of his addiction and came to my own conclusions, filing for divorce. I know it hurts like h*ll, but try not to look for explanations, there are any rational ones. Addicts do what they want and when they want it and we are left behind, picking up their pieces. But we don't have to be love and hugs to you
Old 03-16-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Welcome to our SR family,

Hate so much that you are going through this terrible, heartbreaking time ~ please keep reading & seeking answers for what is healthy for YOU.

You deserve an honest & healthy relationship ~ everyone does, sometimes it happens with those who struggle with this disease, sometimes we have to walk away & find that healthy relationship just within ourselves.

Either way - the love & support given here is great in helping you walk your path.

pink hugs!
Old 03-16-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Welcome to the Board. I'm so sorry that you've had to come to us under these circumstances. My hope is our collective wisdom and our unconditional support will help see you through this difficult time.

Addicts have extremely permeable boundaries, which is why stories about your husband, while sad, do not surprise me. It happens all the time.

So, what to do. I think this is a time when you have to get in touch with your moral compass and your values. Where there's a 4 month old baby in the picture, this is critically important. And once you do get in touch with your moral compass and values, you have to make a decision as to whether or not your AH compliments it.

In any event, I know you're hurting. This isn't what you signed up for. But right now, you have to start making the best decisions you can, both for yourself and for your son. And know that we're in your corner.

Again, Welcome to the Board.