Hi all

Old 01-06-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all

Hi SR,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone and wish you a belated happy holiday. I've been thinking of you all, following many of the threads, and taking strength and reinforcement from them, as usual. Thank you SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU. For the ones of you who were having a good holiday, I was happy to hear it! For those who had a rougher time, I'm glad it's passed now. And I hope everyone is looking forward to a good new year.

I was laid up with a staph infection for a good solid month, sleeping 15+ hours a day over the holidays. On a ton of antibiotics, but now the fog is clearing and I'm on the mend. I don't want to blame my old boyfriend for coming down with that, but friends of mine say they think the stress of dealing with that situation finally caught up with me and MIGHT have contributed. I certainly had a world of worry to get past.

Whatever the case, for those of us struggling with leaving an addicted partner at this time, I just wanted to mention that even though I love my boyfriend, I think now that leaving him is opening up a whole new world of peace for me, even with having been sick. Our old world was so narrow and toxic, like a bleeding sore. I still wonder what/how he's doing, but I won't trade this peace again. It's sad, but I certainly can see why everyone who heard he was on crack said to run. For over a year and a half, it was worry, give, worry, give, and give some more with nary a bit of good news, just heartbreak.

A friend was driving me home from dinner a few days ago and as we passed by my bf's old neighborhood, I looked out the window and said, "I wonder if he's out there. I have no idea where he is." My friend said, "You never knew where he was anyway..."

With love, support and prayers for all those struggling with drugs and their friends and families too!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to you! I hope you finish your recovery, quickly. That stinks.

Thank you for stopping in and offering encouragement!
Old 01-07-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Stress certainly does make us sick and I hope you are on the mend soon.

Taking care of ourselves is not a selfish thing to do, it's what we need to stay well and healthy, physically, mentally and emotionally.

May 2016 bring you renewed energy and wonderful health.

Hugs
Old 01-08-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Hopeful and Ann!