Why is it so hard?

Old 12-27-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why is it so hard?

Why is it so hard for some people to let go? It seems some people can say a relationship is over or not working and just pull it together and move on. I can't. I miss him so much, and while I can smile and laugh a little now and function now, the pain is still very great and he is always on my mind. Why is the pain so great over someone who chose to walk away from me and live his life in a way I was wouldn't even want to be a part of?

Is that codependency? But I never wanted to fix him during the relationship. I never saw anything to fix. I fell for a guy who has his stuff together. I was with a guy who worked hard and had goals and didn't do drugs. I was with a guy that I trusted had his life in order. I was proud of him. I loved the person he was. I didn't see anything to fix.

Why am I in pain over someone who doesn't even remember me anymore?
Old 12-27-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

because it hurts to be discounted. It hurts to be so easily dismissed. It hurts when someone doesn't value us.

There is chemistry. There is love. There is compassion.

but, the man you knew ... may be gone.

It's a sad thing and it takes time for the mind and the heart to realize that. Usually thru some damaging events. And yet we hold on ....

Perhaps this was a good relationship before the drugs, but that has changed and survival depends upon your ability to let someone go who isn't on the same path - with you.

My answers may not be your answers but I know that I learned so much about myself thru the trials.

The only difference is that I can now recognize, what I will not tolerate from anyone in my life. Be kind to yourself. Hugs, Joie