Helping an addict to setup a motel room

Old 01-18-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helping an addict to setup a motel room

My RABF is out to help his old addict friend to setup a motel room because his friend parents kick him out finally. I told him this is not a good idea or way to help an addict. But it's his money, so I don't want to argue with him. My RABF packed some clothes for his friend. And he is going to use his credit card to help his friend to pay for the room and deposit. And will probably give him some cash for foods too. Such a bad idea. But well, it's his choice. He did ask me if this guy can stay at our place for a night. I said NO. I don't help an addict in this way, and I don't trust an addict. I have too many valuable things at home.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I don't help an addict in this way, and I don't trust an addict. I have too many valuable things at home.
That's because you know what it is you're dealing with. You're to be commended for enforcing boundaries. Let's hope your RABF starts to do the same.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are fine gabriel01.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He will learn like we all do. Just keep your boundaries.....great job on that btw.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As a precaution I'd still hide some of my most valuable things. The reason is that unless you are always home your bf could ask his friend in 'for just a few minutes' or to help him with something or any number of scenarios.

I've had that happen with AS and his AG. I was even there. They are super sneaky and it only takes a few minutes.

Kari
Old 01-19-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That is such a bad idea but you're right, it's his money...and I might add, his lesson to learn.

My thoughts for you are to just stand clear and absolutely don't let him move in with you.

There is nothing wrong with your thinking at all, you are wise and aware of where all this is heading...regardless of anything your boyfriend does or doesn't do.

Prayers out for the friend, he'll need them.

Hugs
Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on sticking with your boundaries! Go you!