lost

Old 12-09-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This mama feels your grief and pain and my prayers go out for you and all who loved your dear son.

There are no words that can express how much my heart hurts for you and please know that we are here always for you as you go through the difficult days ahead. We love you and care and keep you in our prayers. May your memories of the good person he was before addiction, stay in your heart forever. He was a sick person who suffers no more. God bless and keep every one of our addicted loved ones.

Rest in peace, dear boy, many here, who you never met, also grieve your passing.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oceanlady, Prayers have gone up for you and your family to be comforted. Your son has been set free, no more earthly cares. I know you will see him again.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Please know you and your family are in prayers. So very sorry for the loss of your beloved son.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Tears and prayers from one mother of a son to another.

I am so sad to hear of the loss of your son.....I've read your posts and have always related to your struggles.

So very ,very sorry Oceanlady......
Old 12-09-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know words can't help-but my prayers of peace for you and your son. He can rest now.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling. My prayers are with you, and may your son finally be at peace.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. Much love to you!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Words will never be able to convey how sorry I am over the loss of your precious son. You have my deepest sympathies.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dear OceanLady,
Another momma here, this is my greatest fear...
Your pain, I cannot even imagine. Maybe knowing he is in Gods loving arms, no
more pain and torture that addiction has brought to your child.
I will whisper a prayer to God to have mercy and grant your family
peace.
Hugs...
TF
Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Ocean, I can not express my sadness and regret for your horrible loss. I will keep you and your son and your family in my prayers.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Please accept my sincere condolences for a great loss.

May your good memories of your dear son live on with you.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

OceanLady, I am still thinking of you often and sending prayers for your family. Here is an old gospel song that I find so healing when I am sad or grieving, sung by a remarkable singer, Gillian Welch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyN-krBTWLY
Old 12-10-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

My heart hurts for you. Losing a child to this horrible disease is a pain I wish none of us ever had to experience. I suspect you are numb right now and going through the motions, but please know that we all are walking with you and keeping you and your beloved son in our thoughts and prayers.

I can tell you that the pain does get less intense as time goes by; as I was told - time takes time. Please let yourself grieve in any way that works for you and if it helps you to post your thoughts and feelings here, know that you are not alone. There are other parents here who have lost a child to addiction, and we understand what you are going through. I hope that in time, you will find comfort in the good memories of your son.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm so very sorry ((oceanlady)). I cannot imagine your pain, but please know we are here for you, and we are all grieving with you.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-10-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm so, so sorry.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

thank you all so much for your out pouring of love an sympathy. i cannot imagine what lies ahead of me tomorrow when i bury my dsrling child. i spendt all day on his facebook and all of the friends told me stories that made me laugh and cry. times that i was unaware of, a side of my son that i didn't see often. how he was loved by so many and how his smile lit up a room brought me closer to him in ways i couldn't imagine. they shared things with me that were so personal about their own struggles and how my son was so streong for them at times. i wish my son knew how much he was loved and cherished by so many. it warms my heart beyond words. i want to thank you again for guilding me and teaching me through your own lives in dealing with addiction. i have learned so much and just wish I could have done so much more for my son. his struggles were too much for him to bear anymore. my only solace is that he will no longer be in pain.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

>>>>i wish my son knew how much he was loved and cherished by so many.<<<<<

Trust us..........he knew. The FB friends and stories prove that. Every loss of a person
like that is a loss to us ALL.

His smile may have lit up the room for those closest to him----but it lit up the WORLD for us.

Addiction can take many things from us.....

......your beautiful son's smile isn't one of them.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Beautifully written support from your heart Vale, thank you
TF
Old 12-11-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

i iwll bury my son in four hours , i hope ihave the strength to move through life without hearing my sons laughter again or hearing him ask me for that special french toast i made with my" special mommy love". i can only pray that he knew how much we loved him. he truly lit up a room and many lives with his warmth and love. thank you all so much for all your tender thoughts. i have spoken to many addicts and counselors and courts about this forum and all the people in this community that support one and another. everyday i had printed posts from addicts as well as parents on here to give to my son to read and digest.
ann, i know you have given so much to so many with your gratitude and daily thoughts. i want you to know that i gave my son many of them which i would slip under his door at night for him to read upon waking. so many people here have helped me, my words fall short.