OMG I just found out my AH checked himself out of the hospital

Old 11-13-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

are your CHILDREN ok? can you find some relief in that???
Old 11-13-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The girls are doing good. My mom is great at keeping them occupied. They all went to bed now since I have to drive them all the way back home for school tomorrow so we have to get up really early. I have good kids. They are my treasures. They seem most worried about our dogs. They seem so detached in regards to my husband. It's like it doesn't bother them, they worry more about me, not even themselves. I tried to get them to talk about him if they want to and they told me they weren't scared. My older one said she was kind of worried about his safety earlier but then didn't bring it up and my younger one said she doesn't care about what happens to him. She's angry. But neither seem to be dwelling on it. It's like an after thought almost.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Kids haven't " learnt" yet..... to stress themselves silly about things that are beyond their control.

That's one of the un-joyful things that we "learn" to do as we become adults.

Doesn't seem to be a fabulous thing to learn.... But we all seem to learn it.

Maybe the kids are trying to teach you something?

Little Zen masters in disguise
Old 11-14-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am glad you can stay with your mom for now. Anytime anyone feels "they have no place to go", please call a women's shelter and they will take you in and keep you safe and also help with things like getting your kids to school when it is safe.

It might be a good idea to take out a restraining order against him so that if he does show up and you call the police, they can arrest him.

No matter how inconvenient or upsetting, you did the best thing, you got yourself and your children to a safe place. Well done.

Hugs
Old 11-14-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Am now home for awhile today. Have some stuff and a lot of animals on the farm to care for. It's a 40 mile round trip to my mom's so for all practical purposes, I can't just be gone all the time. Of course my primary concern is that my girls are and feel physically safe. They don't think he'll come here. My older one told me "mom he knows how much damage he's done. He can't face us". She's so smart, so rational. Despite all this, I'm fighting the urge to contact everyone I can to see if anyone has seen him. I wonder does his mom know where he is? She has a whole different story of the events over the last few years so she blames me for a lot of things I wasn't the cause of. I know she won't contact me if he's back there and I don't have her number anymore.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You will find out eventually. It will not do you a lot of good to get into it with his family.

It seems like he just wanted to get high again, or he would have contacted you right away if it was all about anger/rage.

I hope you can find some peace.

Is there anyone in your circle of family or friends who can come stay with you at your place over the weekend?
Old 11-14-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I go back to work tomorrow. I work at another job on an "as needed" basis. Starting tomorrow I'm needed just about full time through about February to March. Work is good for me. It gets me away from the isolation of the farm and distracts me. I won't be home much. When I am home, I have two very good guard dogs. They love my husband but even he can't mess with them when it comes to my children or I. The irony is my husband had special training done with them specifically to be protective of the kids and I. Even when he'd go crazy and yell at us, he had to lock them up first. So I feel safe with them. My girls for sure are staying at my mom's for the weekend.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Theoretical experiment.

Take your husband and your dog's and lock them in the garage overnight, then see which of the 3 are pleased to see you in the morning?

Then spell Dog backwards.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well I hope God forgives me but you made me laugh at that one! It was nice to smile after having been a ball of nerves. And by the way, I'm pretty sure it would be my dogs. They are momma's babies all the way!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Unconditional love.... Dog / God.

They always forgive
Old 11-14-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

My daughter just made me laugh. She asked me what does WTF stand for. Does it mean "well that's fantastic"? What would I do without her?