Need your opinions

Old 11-09-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need your opinions

Hello everyone,
I have lurked here for quite some time but am now in need of your thoughts. I have a daughter, early 20's, who has been an addict for many years. To my knowledge, her DOC is heroin, although I suspect there is more that she uses. I have seen her into rehab several times, all instances she left early, usually within a couple of days. She has been to jail 3 times, once for about 6 months. She tells me and her friends that she wants to quit the lifestyle and I do believe her but after all of the trips to rehab its hard to be convinced that she is ready to embrace what is being presented to her and truly quit. I appreciate that she is struggling and the drugs have a massive hold on her but because of the several trips through rehab its hard to be convinced that she is truly ready and not just offering lip service. I found a program here in the Detroit area that is a year long residency program. It is called Life Challenges. She does really well when she has structure, one thing I didn't mention is that she was in a juvenile correction facility for a year when she was a teen and she did great. But it always seemed that she was doing too good. It seemed that she learned to tell councilors what they wanted to hear. Every session I heard how she was doing better and progressing better than anyone they had ever worked with only to have her break a serious rule, test hot etc and end up in even more trouble.

Has anyone heard of Life Challenges? It is faith based and I think that would be good for her but I'd like to hear more if anyone has any experience with this particular program.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback. And thank you all so much for being truly helpful to a dad that learned a lot just by reading what you all were willing to share.