You Can Do This

Old 10-25-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb You Can Do This

You can do this

You can do this. You can go from where you are right now to wherever you wish to be.

Achievement is not a mere concept, and not just for a lucky few. Achievement has brought you this far, and will carry you to what you choose next.

Whether you think of it this way or not, your life to this point has been a unique achievement. Every day, you have taken what life has thrown at you and you’ve made the choices that have resulted in your current situation.

If you are thrilled and delighted about that situation, then by all means keep on doing what you’ve been doing. If there are things you’d like to change, now is the time to adjust your approach and take the actions to get you there.

Whether it has been desirable or undesirable, or somewhere in between, you have achieved. Going forward, by making choices, and acting on those choices, you will achieve again and again.

You can do this, and you will do this. So choose right now to do it in a way that makes your life the best you can imagine.

— Ralph Marston
Old 10-25-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This reading touched me today because it reminded me that I have choices and even if I cannot control my circumstances, I can control my attitude and adjust my positivity as I move forward.

Sometimes life deals us a hand that befuddles us, that throws us off balance and we have to decide what we need to do to either get back on the good path or to find a better path that will lead to new tomorrows. It's not the hand that throws us, it's making the decisions needed to find the path that is right for us...and then doing the "do" things that are needed to get there.

I am beginning medical treatments this coming week, the beginning of a program that will run over a couple of months before I am finished. Sometimes that overwhelms me, mostly when I don`t take it all one day at a time, one process at a time. And the outcome, for me, is almost certain to be positive.

Last night my niece sent me a message that just said "Let's get this done". I needed to hear that because in the end all I need to do is "get this done". Who knew?

Sometimes life is much simpler than our minds allow us to believe.

Let's get this done and do what we each need to do to move forward.

Hugs
Old 10-28-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann , my prayers are with you. Thank you for all of your great advice over the past couple of months. You have been a big part of a great change for me.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ann, you are in my prayers also! I think it's great that you have someone to remind you to go forward and kick this!

We are here for you, pulling for you, and praying for you!!!!

XXX
Old 10-28-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ann, sending you good wishes and prayers.

I understand this about attitude and it is this that has reached me in spite of what would scare me otherwise.

I am going through fear and anxiety...but your continuing posts of hope and care make me realize that there is something better...I accepted a short term consulting job yesterday...I am afraid...it is far less money...and today I am so anxious...but I have my attitude within my control and I can take it one day at a time...and not focus on all the worries, but my gratitude for something to do that I know how to do and to keep my attitude positive and can do and to just take it one minute at a time.

Thank you for this message of hope in the midst of preparation for you and I want you to know that prayers go every day...as I am so grateful for your wonderful attitude and continue to pray for more recovery...and to do what I can to do it...just work the program as I can...and to not get stuck in past or future...just live now...to own my attitude.

Thank you. Body is rigid today with a lot so I am just going to do as you say...and get it done.

I love you. Thank you.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear Ann!

I hope you feel better soon,
if anyone can do this, then you can.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a beautiful share, thank you so much for taking the time to post it. Sending you lots of prayers & positive thoughts about your medical treatments!! ((((HUGS))))
Old 10-28-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Two days of pre-op tests and stuff went well and now I get several days to rest and relax before surgery next week....which is in and out the same day! Amazing that they can do it that fast and that well and let you go home and heal.

The tests I had were necessary and a little overwhelming but each time I started to balk at it all I would try the gratitude thing..."This really stinks and I don't like it one bit....but thank you God for such modern technology and so many good people who know what they're doing" and it made it all very "doable". And I know that the test checking lymph nodes for "spreading" were all clear, so it was worth the test to hear that result.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, I believe in the power of prayer and I am touched by your kindness.

There really isn't anything that we cannot get through. It may horrify us at first, but in the end we just do the "do" things and get it done.

Hugs
Old 10-28-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Ann, God speed as you're going through treatment.

Z
Old 10-28-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

(((Ann))) I am so pleased to hear about the clear lymph nodes, I am smiling.
My prayers for you continue each day, until you get this done!

I really like that,,, that things are much simpler than our minds would allow us to believe.
Thank goodness!

Much love to you, dear lady.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Breaking it down into little (and in this case disappearing!!) pieces to me is always the best way to get it done. You've got this, Ann, and you are surrounded by lots of love and positive, healing thoughts.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Clean lymph nodes!

(EXCELLENT news!!!!!!!!)

Stop hogging bandwidth......this 'thing' is DONE!
Modern tech,a great nation (Canada), and friends who care.

This sad, pathetic little 'detour' never stood a CHANCE against
our Ann......

(We wonder why it even bothered?)

Ann......shorthand/synonym for "getting it done"
Old 10-29-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks all...it's not so much about courage, it's just doing the do things until it's done. ..and boy will I be glad when it's done. Having you all cheer me on has made it a much less scary experience.

And I could swear that I saw a duck pass me in the hall when I was heading to the bone scan...Vale, next time quack a hello on your way by. I felt silly saying hello to a duck who didn't acknowledge back.

Let's get it done. The lump is almost dumped.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

And I could swear that I saw a duck pass me in the hall when I was heading to the bone scan...Vale, next time quack a hello on your way by. I felt silly saying hello to a duck who didn't acknowledge back.
===============================

Probably an oncologist duck on his way to cases that are FOR REAL.
Once he heard clean lymph nodes-----he didn't even STOP. He passes
these things off to candy stripers......he is a busy duck.

His disinterest is the best indicator of the best news I've heard since
being on SR.

Overheard in MD lounge.......

"That " Ann" in rm 786? Get her a pink tee shirt and get her the hell out
of here.....we've got stage IIs and IIIs to worry about...."
Old 10-29-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I have found we do not how strong we can be until we have to be
Old 10-30-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks all...it's not so much about courage, it's just doing the do things until it's done. ..and boy will I be glad when it's done. Having you all cheer me on has made it a much less scary experience.
*!*!*!*!*!

That is truly what it is about...doing the do things until it is done. You are awesome and so deserve the support...and prayers continue going your way.

Awesome to hear about the clear lymph nodes Ann.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
I have found we do not how strong we can be until we have to be
So true, even every woman's worst nightmare can be overcome, because it must be overcome and we must carry on...so we do. Does that make a lick of sense?

Vale, I'd like my pink t-shirt please, something pretty with little flowers on it...and maybe a nice handbag to match....and shoes, yes shoes would be nice too.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Prayers and thoughts with you Ann. No lymph nodes is great news!

Thank you for this post! I read an article by Mark Manson today called "How to break hearts and risk losing everything." It provided an "ah ha" moment in terms of the emotions that I let get in the way of doing what I need to do. I wanted to share it on the off chance that someone else may find it inspiring to. I can't post links yet but it is easily searchable if anyone is looking for distraction and a quick read!
Old 10-31-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Here's the link, Sparrow. I just read through it and it's a powerful piece.

How to Break Hearts and Risk Losing Everything