Making Wishes Come True

Old 05-08-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wink Making Wishes Come True

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Making wishes come true

If every one of your wishes were instantly granted, you’d probably regret most of them. Fortunately, it takes more than wishing to make it so.

The wishes that come true are the wishes you really, truly want to come true. That’s because you must commit to them and work to bring them about.

Just imagine how disordered and superficial life would be if you were granted every little thing you wished for. Nothing would really have any value to you, because you would not have the opportunity to build that value with your time and effort.

The work you do to achieve what you desire is what makes that achievement meaningful. That work gives you the chance to put your own unique value into the achievement, and that’s what you truly desire.

So, by all means, wish for the very best for yourself, your community, your family and your world. Then get busy bringing those positive wishes to life.

Because you deserve much more than merely a wish that comes true. You deserve to be the person who makes it happen.

— Ralph Marston
Old 05-08-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There are wishes and there are "wishes", and although my wish to become a gazillionaire and live on a warm shore somewhere, may never come true..the wish to lead a happy life and find joy in every day IS attainable and can come true if I do what I need to do to make it so.

I liked this reading today because it took me out of my "complacency" where I am satisfied with my life and think I don't need to work at keeping it joyful and filled with adventure.

I got up early, geared up and headed out to go birdwatching this morning, it is migration time and the birds along my shore are magnificent...except today was very windy and overcast and the birds were all hiding.

So, I can give up because my wish didn't come true to see several species I have been watching for...or I can reset my wish for another day when the sun is shining and the waters are calm.

We CAN make our wishes come true, but sometimes we need to do a lot of work to accomplish what we want...sometimes we have to adapt to what is and re-set our plans.

But our wishes, our dreams are ours for the making, if we are willing to do the work to make them come true. We ARE our fairy-godmothers, and it's up to us to find our magic wands.

Hugs
Old 05-08-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
We CAN make our wishes come true, but sometimes we need to do a lot of work to accomplish what we want...sometimes we have to adapt to what is and re-set our plans.
thanks Ann, i needed this! i am a firm believer in magic! i just tend to sometimes forget that i'm the one wielding the wand! setting aside my angst with my life is difficult on some days and i seem to be waiting for the magic to just appear. i need to remember to pay attention to what i am doing to create magic, to work for it. so what can i do to create magic this evening? hmmm...

thanks for all your insight and inspiration Ann! have a magical night...

Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is no destiny,no life portrait....save the one we choose to create for ourselves.
The paintbrush is in your hand-----so paint your damn heart out.

Paint as if your life depends on it..

(.....because it DOES!)
Old 05-08-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

And sometimes...you have to trade in the wishbone for a backbone.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

lol Vale!! Love the t-shirt/ avatar.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There is no destiny,no life portrait....save the one we choose to create for ourselves.
The paintbrush is in your hand-----so paint your damn heart out.
Wise words, Vale, good enough to steal for my signature, hope you don't mind.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

....Not at all, Ann.

But if I had known someone would take seriously the (admitted) dribble that comes
out of my mouth.....I would have worn a tie or something.

Vale, not a full fledged sh*thouse poet......but aspiring to be a semirespectable
substitute for one...

(.....someday)
Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

A nice crew neck sweater would do...or a Perry Como cardigan.

Great poets need to look cool but not too cool. A "know" t-shirt would be cool enough.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this, Ann! I had the afternoon off today and was ready to collapse in a puddle of apathy and watch some bad tv, but after reading this, I decided instead to enjoy the warm weather we've *finally* been having here by going out and giving my horse a bath. It was so nice to enjoy the sunshine and see him all shiny and silver after I scrubbed him, and then I had a good laugh when I put him in the pasture and he immediately rolled in the mud. I'm grateful for the reminder that even when our dreams don't end up the way we planned, the pleasure is in chasing them. I love the idea that we are our own fairy godmother.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so glad this inspired you too. I envy anyone who has a horse. I am going to try again with the bird watching tomorrow...it is supposed to be warm and not rain until late afternoon. This fairy god mother isn't giving up on her wish to see a belted kingfisher or cedar waxwings.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
There are wishes and there are "wishes", and although my wish to become a gazillionaire and live on a warm shore somewhere, may never come true..the wish to lead a happy life and find joy in every day IS attainable and can come true if I do what I need to do to make it so.

I liked this reading today because it took me out of my "complacency" where I am satisfied with my life and think I don't need to work at keeping it joyful and filled with adventure.

I got up early, geared up and headed out to go birdwatching this morning, it is migration time and the birds along my shore are magnificent...except today was very windy and overcast and the birds were all hiding.

So, I can give up because my wish didn't come true to see several species I have been watching for...or I can reset my wish for another day when the sun is shining and the waters are calm.

But our wishes, our dreams are ours for the making, if we are willing to do the work to make them come true. We ARE our fairy-godmothers, and it's up to us to find our magic wands.

Hugs
But there is that word "work" in there. Kind of a bummer.... I think I'd rather have the wand some days (and I don't wanna have to go find it either).

Kari
Old 05-08-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Maybe the work IS the wand? Uh oh, I am beginning to think like Vale.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ann wrote
>>>>>Great poets need to look cool but not too cool<<<<<

(and it helps to remember the phrase " No, officer, that IS NOT
my spray can....but if it was....is either of us REALLY qualified to
separate art from graffiti?")

Moral of story: if you are going to mouth off like a smartass...be sure to
bring your bail money.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What a wonderful reading , Ann! I always appreciate Marston, so much.

There are some pretty amazing talents, right here on SR, actually!

I needed this today thank you.