Now I'm getting death threats

Old 01-02-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you so so so so much everyone. I do appreciate all of your honesty and I see my part in it. I ended up taking the afternoon off of work and drove an hour away from my work to get to the courthouse and obtained an ex parte PPO. I did not speak to the judge. He or she just read the two entire pages worth of documentation I have of his recent threats, his history of drug abuse, etc. They granted it to me on the spot.

As I was writing everything out, I was just shaking my head at myself wondering how the heck I stayed in this for three entire years! It's absurd. I did not grow up in an alcoholic home or home where drugs were. I did not see my parents doign this stuff. I never had dysfunctional relationships even remotely close to resembling this. All I kept asking is how the hell did I end up here?! The worse is what my daughter could have been exposed to. It's over now. It's done. The dysfunctional dance I will not play a part in any longer. I did talk to the chief of police in my city before I left work and he told me I could have a police officer to my home tonight and then document everything and go get a PPO. Instead, I chose to just skip right over that and go get the PPO. I have the voice recordings emailed and tucked away in a safe place. I also have snapshots of the texts that I will keep. That should be enough. Do you think I should also call the police over tonight now that I already have the PPO? I didn't see a reason for it now and I didn't want to expose my daughter or my mom to that since they are both here and in bed and the PPO is granted.

Here's the thing, I know this is just the beginning. I know these people. I know their son has two pending felony charges in an adjacent county to where we live. They will fight this due to the information I put on this PPO, which was all true, just to try and keep it off record so no one finds out about it before their dear son is tried for two felony posessions. I just have to take it as it comes. Next step is to have him served. I already feel a sense of calmness that I didn't have until now. I know now there is no more contact, not now, not ever and I can begin to live my life without the chaos. My daughter deserves it. It's just alot to wrap my head around right now. CPS, his parents attacking me, just madness and I allowed it to happen. It's hard to come to grips with that.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

And truly from the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone for your posts. I've read them several times. They hit home.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Forgive me for not reading the entire post.

The title of the post -- "Now I'm getting death threats" -- caught my attention. But you had time to compose a lengthy post. If I were getting death threats, I'd contact the police. No games. No drama. No BS. Just decisive, swift action.

But that's just me.

ZoSo
Old 01-02-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sounds like you can let go of the whole thing now, Angel. This is not just the beginning, this is the end, for you at least, if you are truly ready to let it go. Let them appeal if they want--as others have said, it won't work, and there's no need for you to be involved so far as I can see. I think the suggestion to change your number is a great one. No more getting surprised by new numbers or unblocking his number so you can call him back and record his crazy. Just sweet, blessed silence. Time to focus on you and your daughter. Good luck!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Please don't keep this drama going by calling his voicemail just because you know the password. You cant think of this as "just the beginning " because you want to know what he's doing.
you have to be done with it. You filed the order, it was granted to protect you and your 4 year old. If the judge knew you were calling his phone, what will happen?
how much of your life have you wasted on this guy?
you can't move forward into healthy relationships if you keep nosing in his business to satisfy your curiosity.
it's a new year, it will get better when you let go for real.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

There is no way in hell I would ever contact him or try to get to his voicemail or contact him in any way, shape or form now that I have this PPO. I understand what this means for me as well.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well done Angel!

Now that the decks are cleared, I hope you can find a loving, kind, non-addicted person to share your life with and be a wonderful father for your little girl.

No rush for that, plenty of time, but when you make room in your life by letting go,
good things can finally fill that space
Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angel1234 View Post
There is no way in hell I would ever contact him or try to get to his voicemail or contact him in any way, shape or form now that I have this PPO. I understand what this means for me as well.
I would sure hope you understand that if a Judge or the ordering judge finds out you have gone and contacted him in any way, shape or form, you could lose the PPO and perhaps get a stiff tongue lashing from the judge or face charges yourself for breaking the order.

You can not have your cake and eat it too. BE DONE!
Old 01-03-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

"Here's the thing, I know this is just the beginning. I know these people. I know their son has two pending felony charges in an adjacent county to where we live. They will fight this due to the information I put on this PPO, which was all true, just to try and keep it off record so no one finds out about it before their dear son is tried for two felony posessions."

Angel, again, it doesn't matter what they try to do or not do. YOU have done what was needed and hopefully this will be it for you and this family. You cannot worry about nor control what happens to him in court with his other issues. His parents can try and fight it however they want. You made the complaint, you gave evidence and the judge agreed and gave you the protection order. End of story. Now allow your daughter to have a happy drama free life Move on and far away from this!