It All Makes Sense Now

Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the replies & suggestions. You have all helped me get through the past day. Will update you soon
Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm glad you feel you understand your husband better now, photo. And I am glad that a diagnosis could be beneficial in the sense of perhaps a move toward legally sanctioned and safer drugs that are clinically tested to show benefit for symptoms. But i am very sorry to hear this news at the same time; on the one hand it's possible that finding the right drug and psychotherapy combo could be the ticket he needed out, but on the other hand it is also adding a second, difficult, lifelong challenge he has to overcome too, so maybe not worth rejoicing in that sense.

I think it might be really positive if he ends up getting help with drugs or behaviour therapy to learn to manage emotions, which for a bipolar individual must be even more terrifying than for the average person. But Im a little worried that this sounds like the bargaining stage of grief for you.

It sounds like you have enough on your plate to drown anyone, and I send you empathy and strength to rise up to your challenges. I try to deal with the overwhelming feelings and stress from so much work I need to accomplish by being very firm with myself to deal with intone bite at a time. I can't be effective at any of my tasks when I'm too busy worrying for the next and I just have to force myself to just take it slow and do my best.

I hear what you're saying about me time being ridiculously limited, and you are in my thoughts tonight, sending you strength to persevere.

Do you have anyone who can stay with you for the day or two he needs to be back home? Maybe just having someone else there would help you to not get too sucked in, or for things to get volatile.

Above all, we are rooting for you and YOUR recovery, and just like a paramedic needs their own heart to pump before they can do any good helping someone having a heart attack, by saving yourself first you do the best thing as a responder, and will be the most help to him if you are not worn down to the breaking point.