The Battle is Over

Old 08-21-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

oh Washbe, my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry for your loss and believe in my heart that your son is happy and free and at peace now. I'm glad you have his dog and the comfort he brings ... my son's dog was a lifeline during many of my darkest days. Sending much love and many prayers.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

(((Washbe2))) My sincere condolences for your loss. I know that you will hold memories of your son in your heart. Your many posts of his struggles and yours always touched me. Please take care.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Dear Washbe,

I know it goes without saying.......but LOTS of treats for Gizmo.
Also, lots of luvs and cuddles and 'extreme' spoilage. Your son
(so obviously) poured so much love into that precious pooch---
even the formidable evil of addiction is powerless to take ANY
of that away.

Addiction is powerful......but not that powerful.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Respect

Thank you for sharing your story. I think many times it's true that when you have addiction problems that becomes all you are to most people. Addicts are very complicated people and deserve respect. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I lost my sister to an overdose of oxy. It broke my heart.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My sincere condolences on your loss; there are no words that can comfort the loss of a child. Im so sorry.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Washbe , my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son. Sending prayers your way for you and your family during this difficult time
Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

washbe,

I am so sorry for the loss of your son. He is at peace.
My thoughts and support and sent to you.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Dear Washbe,
I haven't been on much lately either but we always remember those people that touched us the most--and you have certainly been one of those for me. Your (our) very difficult struggle of wondering how much to help or when to stand back and let them fall has been crippling at times to the point where your (our) own health has suffered. Serenity is often a lofty and distant concept. My hope for you is that in the days, weeks and months ahead that you are able to finally find that ever-elusive serenity and that it becomes the blanket that comforts you when the cold chill of grief comes crashing in. I hope you also remember that so many here at SR send our love and support because yes, we understand like no other. Just as you only wanted happiness and health for your son--that is what I want for you.

I am so very sorry for the pain you are feeling. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. (((mom hugs)))
Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am so very deeply sorry for your loss, Washbe. Having lost a baby son from sids many years ago...I wouldn't wish the loss of a child on anyone. I wish you peace as your son has found it. May he rest in God's loving arms and in healing be held to God's heart for the health and wholeness that escaped him in life.

Please PM me if you need any support as you go through this loss.

Gentle, gentle huggs and loves from me to you.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:46 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

You are still in all our thoughts, Washbe.

So is your son.
So is Gizmo.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

....nonetheless, he's still my son, and I still loved him.

What more can any mom do but to love nonetheless...no matter what our children's problems are, no matter how they are treated/mistreated or perceived by others, they will always live at the center of our hearts.

All we can do is love them and that is what you did. You did all you could do and now your son is at peace...

So sorry for the loss of his precious presence though. You are in my prayers...
Old 08-26-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. May you find peace, and may he find peace, as well.
Nancy
Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank all of you again.
I went back to work yesterday. I've had much support and feel thankful for that. Friends even gave us their beach condo so hubby andI could get away a few days. We donated the camper to a very nice family, and I'm thankful I don't have another month of lot rent to pay.

I'm thankful he didn't die at the hands of another. His death was on TV, but it was for drowning accident and not a crime or drug arrest. I'm thankful all of you.

Life has been hard for all of us who have lived with addiction of a loved one. We love them even when unlovable.

May God bless you all on this journey.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Washbe))) I'm glad the reports of his death respected the circumstances and glad that his death was peaceful.

And yes, we love them even when they are unlovable. Our addicted children will always be loved, as God loves His children too.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Washbe, I hope you and your dear husband get away to that beach house SOON! I am glad you feel supported and cared for in your grief. Do keep in touch with us here--we hold you in our hearts.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

So sorry washbe. I remember you.
I hope your son has found the peace he could not find here in this confusing place we live in. I hope you too can find peace with this. It's a hard and horrible way to lose someone you love so much. Many hugs to you, and prayers of peace for you son xxx
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
cmc

May you find some small comfort knowing how many here at SR care for you as you grieve the loss of your son.

I'm so sad to learn of your loss and will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

oh im so sorry washbe to hear of the loss of your son

sending prayers to you and your family , some of us leave this world too soon for reasons only god knows may he find peace ...
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You're in my prayers every day, Washbe. May you find comfort knowing how much we all care.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

washbe

I remember you, your love for your son. My heart is so very heavy for you and all who loved him. Our world can be such a sad and broken place but a mothers love will always bring a measure of beauty and comfort in the midst of such evil and chaos caused by addiction. I will pray for you to find peace and comfort as you grieve ....please be kind to yourself and know that you loved him well.