Why am I so weak????

Old 08-19-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thenotoriousdud View Post
Hi all, just a quick update. Erica is still working her earlier stages of a new recovery plan. She is still going to work every day and participating willingly in normal household functions. Aside from a couple of triggers that we had to navigate over the last few days her resolve has been strong and things are going better than I expected them too. I am still taking things one day at a time and I am trying to enjoy things as they happen as opposed to creating expectations for the future. Its actually been quite freeing for me as I am a constant worrier about things future. Thanks for all the prayers and hugs and I send them right back at you all. I will keep posting here as the situation unfolds. Oh yeah, a cute little thing that we discussed the other day. During this relapse my wifes jewellry was all sold. Wedding ring, engagement set all of it. We decided that if things do work out and we stay together that we will get our wedding rings tattooed on our fingers on Erica's 1yr clean date. That way they can never be pawned right? We had a pretty good laugh at that one, thought I'd share it. Everyone make today great!!
So far so good!

Haha, I love the wedding ring idea. I'm not a tatoo fan but in this case it is the perfect idea!

I hope everything keeps going well for you.

Kari
Old 08-26-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi all, things are still going famously! Its so hard to stay grounded and not get excited about the future. Sometimes it feels as though am beginning a relationship with a new person. All the passion, adventure and sweaty anticipation that comes with new romance is there. I see no visible signs of a struggle within my wife when it comes to staying clean. Still, though I know I have to maintain a safe amount of caution and not get too caught up in the romance part of things. I pray daily for the continuation of the new recovery that my family has found. We were in Niagara Falls on Saturday and found a great little tattoo parlour, its called The DawgPound if anyone is ever finds themselves in town and wanting work done. We got the wedding ring tattoos done, I know I said I was gonna wait til her 1yr clean date but, I have always had trouble holding back gifts til the giving date. It was fun, we had a great day together, the staff was funny and had great people skills. I recommend this experience to all reconciling couples. It was an adventure and I think that adventure was something that was missing in our marriage. I am not, by any means blaming this for the relapse or anything but, based on the closeness we have experienced something was definitely missing leading up to it.